eddiebrock

Zerpening Part 2: The Sequel

Anyone have any bright ideas on what can be done with the left over bits from a trade on an exchange?

The stuff thats too small to transfer out of the exchange or buy other coins with. The "pennies" essentially

1 hour ago, DavyJones said:

Did anyone notice the TA crap on tradingview? Yesterday when XRP was green and trading at the upper bottom it was saying "buy, buy, buy". Today at the lower bottom it says "sell". They can't be serious:

tw-ta.png

The most important thing that people fail to understand about TA is that TA is not an answer in itself, but rather just another piece of information that needs to be considered in conjunction with fundamental factors.  At best, solid TA analysis will reveal some conclusion about possible market behavior given its previous behavior under similar circumstances.  In other words, if market participants behave the way they have behaved in the past, and no fundamental announcements are made, then based on previous behavior we can expect x/y/z.

At worst, TA becomes a reflection of near-term past market behavior and thus tells you exactly nothing.  Take the fancy indicators above:  we have been dropping for some time now and have just undergone a sharp pullback due to failed Coinbase rumors.  Near term moving averages are thus likely to be trending lower than their long-term counterparts, and oscillators have likely all gone haywire due to the steepness of the pullback creating trend divergence. 

Put all of these together, and you end up with a "strong sell";  understand how these are calculated and you quickly see that they are merely a reflection of the recent price action and thus show nothing that can't already been seen by simply looking at the chart.

Understanding TA also requires understanding when to disregard TA;  fundamentals should always be used to validate TA-driven conclusions in order to determine whether they hold water.

Absent of doing so, we end up with nonsense such as seen above.

...or you could just ignore all that cr@p and HODL.

I woke up at 2am this morning completely convinced that today's interview would be productive.  

It seemed weird to me that the interview included two companies which are located across the street from each other, and that it was schedule out and promoted so far out from the date. Usually these types of sessions are a 'tune in tomorrow at 5 to see such and such discuss xyz' but this one has a different flavor. 

Additionally, coinbase has only posted the 'no intention to add assets' tweet after the world lights up on xrp. So it's clearly in DIRECT response. And both times we had these huge rumors Ripple stayed 100% silent on the subject. CB is always coy and Brian Armstrong never comes out and says 'xrp is a distraction, centralized, and won't be added' 

At 2am everything seemed really optimistic. Furthermore, I woke to find that Asia had been buying and xrp was closer to $.99 again. 

At 4:30am when my alarm went off the price was back down to $.94 and my clarity of brain wasn't quite as optimistic, lol. So I'm back in the 'who knows' camp. 

March is statistically a bearish month ranging back to 2014. Just relax. 

I am not joking. Investing in crypto is a lot simpler than people make it out to be.

1) Figure out how much you can invest. NEVER overinvest.

2) Do your research. Find the asset that has promising tech behind it and has the potential to drastically change the use cases it is aiming for.

3) Figure out the shortest path to go from Fiat to the asset you want.

4) Figure out your exit price.

4) I misnumbered this to make sure you're reading

5) Buy. If your initial investment is not enough, slowly invest more as and when you can, in small increments.

6) HODL until you reach the exit price.

7) Sell, cash out and forget all about crypto for the rest of your life.

That's all there is to it.

2 hours ago, DavyJones said:

Did anyone notice the TA crap on tradingview? Yesterday when XRP was green and trading at the upper bottom it was saying "buy, buy, buy". Today at the lower bottom it says "sell". They can't be serious:

tw-ta.png

That´s all crap !!!

Here´s my  tutorial to investing in Ripple :

- Rule nº 1 : Buy or reinforce  ONLY   under 1,00 AND under your averaged price

- Rule nº 2 : If you can´t buy/reinforce under your average price , buy/reinforce ONLY  under  1,00

- Rule nº 3 : HODL until ripple gets REGULATED . Don´t be naif expecting price will rise without regulation

- Rule nº 4 : After it is regulated , it´s the real deal : ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN !!!

- Rule nº 5 : Divide your total Zerps into 4 baskets

- Rule nº 6 : Decide four exit sell points 

- Rule nº 7 : Sell your first basket at the first exit price level

- Rule nº 8 : Repeat the sell of the remaining baskets at the rest of the price levels.

- Rule nº 9 : Enjoy your Money and don´t throw it away 

Edited by DRAKON

2 minutes ago, HodlOnASec said:

...or you could just ignore all that cr@p and HODL.

Yeah - we pretty much all agree that xrp fundamentals lead in only one direction and holding will be the best way to get there.  Trading the mini-trends does on the other hand provide solid opportunities for increasing the size of one's hold stack if they know what they are doing.  There is risk involved, but if played properly the reward can be there as well.

Just now, automatic said:

Yeah - we pretty much all agree that xrp fundamentals lead in only one direction and holding will be the best way to get there.  Trading the mini-trends does on the other hand provide solid opportunities for increasing the size of one's hold stack if they know what they are doing.  There is risk involved, but if played properly the reward can be there as well.

The rules of my country highly encourage HODLing and discourage trading.

So for me, the choice is quite simple. Buy it, store it, forget it until it's time to cash out.

Just consolidated my whole crypto portfolio.

TRX, OMG and a heavy (for me) position in XRP. 

Coinbase, no Coinbase ... I don't know. All I know is Bank of England, Western Union, MoneyGram, American Express, Credit Agricole, Saudi Central Bank and on and on and on and on and on. Its possible the market will panic and we'll see a drop after the interview if Brad doesn't announce that XRP has taken over the world as some seem to hope for. I know that on March 6 2019 though we won't remember the interview but we sure as hell will remember the names I just mentioned. 

2 minutes ago, MrClamtastic said:

Step 1: buy xrp 

Srep 2: HODL 

Step 3: ???

Step 4: PROFIT!

Fixed.

7 minutes ago, HodlOnASec said:

I am not joking. Investing in crypto is a lot simpler than people make it out to be.

1) Figure out how much you can invest. NEVER overinvest.

2) Do your research. Find the asset that has promising tech behind it and has the potential to drastically change the use cases it is aiming for.

3) Figure out the shortest path to go from Fiat to the asset you want.

4) Figure out your exit price.

4) I misnumbered this to make sure you're reading

5) Buy. If your initial investment is not enough, slowly invest more as and when you can, in small increments.

6) HODL until you reach the exit price.

7) Sell, cash out and forget all about crypto for the rest of your life.

That's all there is to it.

Number 7 will feel sooooooo gooooood, like give me my soul back! hahahha