eddiebrock

Zerpening Part 2: The Sequel

2 minutes ago, ecent said:

Google WILL work with Ripple. I am not suggesting they will be announced as a partner anytime soon but Google is directly invested in Ripple. I assure you that if entities such as BoE are  "paying customers" than it is outrageous to think that Google would not tap into the services of their portfolio companies at some point. 

I hope you are right! We all want it to be true :)

3 minutes ago, steffenmanden said:

That's a bold statement that Starbucks will accept XRP. I've always wondered about who writes these articles on these types of websites. I mean can anyone just post an article or are there registered journo types which posting is restricted to? Same happens on Coindesk from what i can see.

12 hours ago, wnut said:

Coinbase - Most master of brain - NOT

Seriously, the OP of this comment will become legend in the months to come. It’s just the best. I’m desperate to use it in a work context with some of my colleagues - just haven’t had the right opportunity to drop it yet.....

1 minute ago, steffenmanden said:

Their blockchain is unlimited regarding coins - i won't dig into it :D

Interesting,judging from their field i can only see that they're enhancing their payment system using blockchain but why took the hassle when you've got xRapid in front of your nose?

Just now, cuber said:

That's a bold statement that Starbucks will accept XRP. I've always wondered about who writes these articles on these types of websites. I mean can anyone just post an article or are there registered journo types which posting is restricted to? Same happens on Coindesk from what i can see.

If it works anything like a traditional  newsroom. Then you have an editor in charge of the content for the day. They are the one accepting 'freelance' articles. It is their responsibility  to check content etc..

Well if they are real journos anywsy.

2 minutes ago, steffenmanden said:

I hope you are right! We all want it to be true :)

Google invests in a lot of things, then sometimes loses interest.  Recent example is Zagat's guide. They bought it in 2011 and are now unloading it to

something called Infatuation.

1 minute ago, cuber said:

I maintain that the SBI CEO is either higher on the kool aid than all of us combined or is having the time of his life trolling the market based on insider info that the lack of crypto regulations allows him to share.

That said I think its a stretch to think Starbucks would outright accept XRP from customers. How many people legitimately know about crypto, know about XRP and know enough about it that they would be comfortable transacting in it?

I think its more likely that Starbucks would start utilising XCurrent and / or XRapid for internal requirements before rolling it out to people ordering coffee. 

1 minute ago, Tiamat said:

Interesting,judging from their field i can only see that they're enhancing their payment system using blockchain but why took the hassle when you've got xRapid in front of your nose?

Did you mean that literally? Cause Uber and Ripple are actually Close :D

Just now, Zerp_Legend said:

Did you mean that literally? Cause Uber and Ripple are actually Close :D

More the reason why would they create their own blockchain if they can just partner with ripple?

1 minute ago, John_Buh said:

Google invests in a lot of things, then sometimes loses interest.  Recent example is Zagat's guide. They bought it in 2011 and are now unloading it to

something called Infatuation.

No doubt about it but Ripple is speaking to central banks and massive financial institutions the world over. I would be surprised if this level of progress is just falling through the cracks at Google. They are massive to say the least but having a sizeable stake in the 3rd largest crypto asset based on market cap surely isn't just being overlooked. 

Again, NOT suggesting they are imminently rolling out a XRP product or use case but I would not be surprised even a little bit once they do. 

2 minutes ago, ecent said:

I maintain that the SBI CEO is either higher on the kool aid than all of us combined or is having the time of his life trolling the market based on insider info that the lack of crypto regulations allows him to share.

That said I think its a stretch to think Starbucks would outright accept XRP from customers. How many people legitimately know about crypto, know about XRP and know enough about it that they would be comfortable transacting in it?

I think its more likely that Starbucks would start utilising XCurrent and / or XRapid for internal requirements before rolling it out to people ordering coffee. 

Imagine starbucks campaign if they really do accept xrp,"Free frappucino for HODLers"

12 minutes ago, Spunkmeyer said:

Also CEO of SBI holdings re tweeted the article yesterday saying ripple perfect fit for starbucks

Still a speculation could lead to nothing, but I would absolutely love it to happen! With out a doubt.

It is amazing when you look into certain people and certain companies and how they’re all linked in one way or another, hopefully one day these links will lead to something huge

Edited by Guest