• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RegalChicken

• zenkert

• John_Buh

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is not the reason I thought I’d have an erection on Valentine’s Day...

This has got to be the single most bullish community on the face of the earth. Asset dips = "EVERYONE BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY" Asset dips more = "EVERYONE HODL HARD, HODL THE FRONT LINE, GIVE TH

Completely, completely off-topic but since there's so much good news around today, I'm going to share my own that just came in. BMG have offered me a favourable worldwide distribution deal for my musi

Posted Images

1 minute ago, RegalChicken said:

So I want Coinbase to list XRP, no doubt about that. But I have a really hard time believing that they'd plan this weird interview/meeting as a time to announce it.

Has there ever been a formal announcement from Coinbase or Ripple during a media moment like this? Haven't all of their announcements always come out via tweets, blog posts, and PR blasts?

me too but times are changing. I'm sure they want good publicity on television and this is a good way to do it. The interviewer will probably ask, Coinbase COO, why haven't you added xrp yet, when will you add it? There are a few ways to answer the question.

1. Yes, we will be adding xrp

2. No, we won't be adding

3. Some convoluted reply that avoids answering the question.

Either way, we will probably have a strongly feeling once all said and done.

Good chance they won’t even appear together, yes. The coinbase guy might say something like “Wr can’t comment on future product additions” and BG something like “We have a few partnerships in the works and will announce them once they are final”.

thats the most likely scenario.

3 minutes ago, OrangeRipple said:

Silly question, but are they scheduled to appear at the same time, or just on the same program??? Weird, but perhaps they arent related? Highly unlikely I guess though?

i'm not sure.. 

https://oracletimes.com/is-this-magic-monday-for-ripple-xrp-coinbase-cnbc/ 

It’s probably not a coincidence that ninety new employees will be added to Coinbase on Monday while on Tuesday XRP’s Garlinghouse and Coinbase’s Hirji make a joint appearance on Fast Money. The odds are that Garlinghouse and Hirji will not be talking about their favorite fishing holes on this program.

Edited by RegalChicken
2 minutes ago, OrangeRipple said:

Silly question, but are they scheduled to appear at the same time, or just on the same program??? Weird, but perhaps they arent related? Highly unlikely I guess though?

Possible - four people lined up, but I haven’t seen anything that’s saying there talking together as a group/panel etc

3 minutes ago, HodlOnASec said:

Good chance they won’t even appear together, yes. The coinbase guy might say something like “Wr can’t comment on future product additions” and BG something like “We have a few partnerships in the works and will announce them once they are final”.

Your supposed to start with ‘Spoiler Alert’

wont watch it now........

9 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Wouldn't that be buying with inside news also, but then as the company?

No. They have to purchase a supply of XRP to start offering it. They will buy a bunch of it from Ripple at a negotiated discount. If the price goes up before they actually offer XRP for trade, then that’s just the reality of the market when they go live. They know this is likely to happen so there’s no reason not to make millions of dollars by announcing then implementing later. It’s just a common sense business decision for them. 

Edited by MatinMontreal
9 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

So I want Coinbase to list XRP, no doubt about that. But I have a really hard time believing that they'd plan this weird interview/meeting as a time to announce it.

Has there ever been a formal announcement from Coinbase or Ripple during a media moment like this? Haven't all of their announcements always come out via tweets, blog posts, and PR blasts?

Closest I have seen to that is in mid-December when the president of coinbase spoke a little bit about adding new coins... 

2 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

Thinking the same.  Doubt Brad will ever release news during an interview.  Hints, but nothing formal.  

Just hope I don't have to see hundreds of posts after the interview predicting "crash time coming, back to .60, timber!, Here comes the dump!". Just because Brad doesn't say something everyone wants to hear.  

All I know is when we get over $10, I'll be AWOL from here quite often.  The dollars in movement up and down on a daily basis is gonna cause mass panic and fud around here.  Already see it when we move a few pennies. Lol

Lets see. if Coinbase has 14,000,000 customers now

and there are only 8 billion XRP currently in circulation (not restrained by contracts, etc)

and if every one of coinbases customers bought an average of 1000 XRP

that would signal a buy of 14,000,000,000 XRP

Which is in theory nearly double the current supply that's actually in circulation. 

many people will only buy 50-100xrp. 

Some will buy 20,000-45,000 XRP. 

6 minutes ago, HodlOnASec said:

Dream killer

I am really looking forward to that Jam session at CNBC tomorrow . . . It´s looking more and more like, the Circus is in town . . . come watch the Lady with the Beard and mr Mysterious that can see the Future and the Animal never seen by humans before. Tickets only 10 cents, hurry up, hurry up, limited supply, only 99 left now... buy now or you miss all the fun, and lots of candy for the kids, hurry up, hurry up :focus:

Edited by zenkert
1 minute ago, 1todd960 said:

All I know is when we get over $10, I'll be AWOL from here quite often.  The dollars in movement up and down on a daily basis is gonna cause mass panic and fud around here.  Already see it when we move a few pennies. Lol

my sell plans have already changed again. My original sell point at $2 moved to $3. Then to $5. then to $10. Now I'm thinking $10-16 for about 5% of my holdings lol.

2 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

Lets see. if Coinbase has 14,000,000 customers now

and there are only 8 billion XRP currently in circulation (not restrained by contracts, etc)

and if every one of coinbases customers bought an average of 1000 XRP

that would signal a buy of 14,000,000,000 XRP

Which is in theory nearly double the current supply that's actually in circulation. 

many people will only buy 50-100xrp. 

Some will buy 20,000-45,000 XRP. 

I honestly am thinking more and more that Coinbase could drive a massive price spike in XRP like we've never seen before. 

And you could argue "yes, but 40% of coinbase customers already buy XRP on other exchanges". 

As it is true, I am a coinbase customer and am 100% all in on XRP.

But if Coinbase offered XRP on their app and easy support like they do for BTC, I would buy more XRP that very same day ON COINBASE. even if it was just a small amount. a tank of gas worth, maybe $500, I dont know. But I would buy XRP the very day it was listed on Coinbase for sure.