eddiebrock

Zerpening Part 2: The Sequel

I had a dream this night, and i had it before early January almost the exact dream, my dream was that all of a sudden coinbase announced xrp and the price just fleeeeew up and the other coins were still sideways and noone could do anything about it, i looked at the chart and i thought in my dream that i was dreaming because i already had this dream in Januari, but it was real!!!!! And i was so glad, it went up to 4 dollars within 3-4 hours, then i woke up to notice that its not on coinbase and i had the dream again, now im ******* ******!

5 minutes ago, John_Buh said:

Are you comfortable with the insane amount of energy it devours? POW is a dead end and the sooner this dinosaur is put to rest the better.

Yeah that is the only thing I don't like about BTC, the mining and power consumption. But as a value kind of thing, I don't really care.

1 hour ago, John_Buh said:

Yes, the parrots are all standing by.  Patiently.

I love Holland - the frau and I might take a river cruise from Basel to Amsterdam in the spring  if XRP decides to

bump up a little.  Peel off some zerps for a nice Urlaub.

Give those animals something to play with, as they are not have to perform as avatars for you the coming few days^_^.

Holland in spring is nice, but the same is for Switzerland. I have a niece who lives in Bern. She's into a Medical Phd at the Inselspital. Been there in summer and in winter. Both nice stays, friendly people, well organised (as in Holland, except train punctuality). Drove to the lake of Geneve, also a beautiful place to be.

In my youngster years me and my mrs often went to Zermatt, for some skiing. Stunning scenery up there at clear days, watching the Matterhorn!

o.t.: are the Parrots getting anxious to take over mr. Bear. How about the green one?

Edited by DutchTom

33 minutes ago, Plikk said:

I really don't care about BTC or it's dominance. Actually I do have some respect for the coin that started it all. As long as we will have good growth and nice returns I really don't care at what price BTC sits.

I have a lot of respect for the printing press since it changed the world, but iPads are better. 

Bitcoin was revolutionary...10 years ago, but the first version of things are often full of problems.  It’s time to move on to something better. 

The sooner XRP breaks free of Bitcoin’s crushing dominance the better it will be for the whole crypto market.

Edited by Coin_Hound

3 minutes ago, DutchTom said:

Give those animals something to play with, as they are not have to perform as avatars for you the coming few days^_^.

Holland in spring is nice, but the same is for Switzerland. I have a niece who lives in Bern. She into a Medical Phd at the  Inselspital. Been there in summer and in winter. Both nice stays, friendly people, well organised (as in Holland, except train punctuality). Drove to the lake of Geneve, also a beautiful place to be.

In my yougster years me and my mrs often went to Zermatt, for some skiing. Stunning scenery up there at clear days, watching the Matterhorn!

o.t.: are the Parrots getting anxious to take over mr. Bear. How about the green one?

I love the punctuality here.  Recently I switched Internet providers - the tech made an appointment to come over at 2:00pm  the doorbell rang at

exactly 2PM - In California they give you a 'window' and keep you prisoner all day - then cancel 15 minutes before the time is up. I might be getting

spoiled with this.  I now expect things to work.              The green parrot hopes to re-appear soon, however I am still in a bearish mood.

15 minutes ago, John_Buh said:

Are you comfortable with the insane amount of energy it devours? POW is a dead end and the sooner this dinosaur is put to rest the better.

It's a waste of resources and only serves to further centralize a coin like BTC. And to what end? Is bitcoin supporting any real world usage other than being a 'store of value'? Sure there are transactions possible, but it's limited and will forever be limited. Bitcoin allowed a world of illicit trade via the internet to take off, but has since lost that role to other coins focused on privacy. I believe its value is now purely based on being the first and most well-known cryptocoin out there, with the benefit of having lots of trade pairs and exchanges offering it.

1 hour ago, zerpsurfer said:

Weiss are a joke they are a harder sell than some of the horse racing tipsters that have somehow got my email address... I have 3 - emails daily from weiss and only one from the tipsters!

The have claimed that that could have turned my 10 grand into 569,000 (some pennies too)...

Looks like Weiss want some cheap Zerps for themselves! 

Honestly with that style of selling you are turning me off! 

Right there with you

1 minute ago, Benchmark said:

It's a waste of resources and only serves to further centralize a coin like BTC. And to what end? Is bitcoin supporting any real world usage other than being a 'store of value'? Sure there are transactions possible, but it's limited and will forever be limited. Bitcoin allowed a world of illicit trade via the internet to take off, but has since lost that role to other coins focused on privacy. I believe its value is now purely based on being the first and most well-known cryptocoin out there, with the benefit of having lots of trade pairs and exchanges offering it.

Bitcoin is becoming the Andy Warhol of the cryptosphere - it is famous for being famous.

2 minutes ago, zenkert said:

Soon they had their 15 minutes of fame :D

Bitcoin's longevity is a testament to the power of a brand - even now, in conferences where the attendees know better, all you hear about is Bitcoin.  That is why Ripple's brand building with XCurrent is so important.  Have to get that name out there.

Edited by John_Buh

2 hours ago, Chewiecoin said:

Where are you @Tinyaccount in Qld they are fairly common 

Sorry...   it's my faulty sense of humour...    

Yeah they are found all over....     not rare at all.  (Unlike Rockinghorse Cleanup Crews.....     :) )

Even our old outhouse in the back yard when I was a kid used to get them...   just look before sitting.   :) 

But you do have to be a bit unlucky to get bit....   most folk live their whole lives without getting bit by a significantly poisonous spider.   When I typed it in I thought everyone would get that I was joking because I put a smiley....   Oh well...   oops.   Sorry....   :) 

4 minutes ago, John_Buh said:

Bitcoin's longevity is a testament to the power of a brand - even now, in conferences where the attendees know better, all you hear about is Bitcoin.  That is why Ripple's brand building with XCurrent is so important.  Have to get that name out there.

I still laugh at the Bitcoin conference that was held just before Xmas last year that stopped accepting Bitcoin as payment due to the high fees and time taken to process. 

That is irony at its best. 

6 minutes ago, John_Buh said:

A serious answer to my somewhat bad joke @John_Buh and I agree on what you say.

1 minute ago, Tinyaccount said:

Sorry...   it's my faulty sense of humour...    

Yeah they are found all over....     not rare at all.  (Unlike Rockinghorse Cleanup Crews.....     :) )

Even our old outhouse in the back yard when I was a kid used to get them...   just look before sitting.   :) 

But you do have to be a bit unlucky to get bit....   most folk live their whole lives without getting bit by a significantly poisonous spider.   When I typed it in I thought everyone would get that I was joking because I put a smiley....   Oh well...   oops.   Sorry....   :) 

I thought the smiley was due to the pooing rocking horse. My bad lol!!

That first sentence is one I never thought I would say in my entire life!!!

XRPChat - full of firsts for me.