eddiebrock

Zerpening Part 2: The Sequel

30 minutes ago, RippleDrifter said:

Is it at all possible that ripple wants the price of each XRP to stay close in value to 1 US dollar right now while xRapid is still in the early adoption phase? 

I wonder if there is strategy in keeping XRP price relatively low and controlled while they're in the early selling phase. (*Crazy thought with no factual basis)

No, I don't believe there is any benefit for Ripple to see XRP devalued. I think the higher the better for many many reasons.

For one; the higher the XRP, the less XRP they have to sell out of escrow each month to partners to generate both partner value and equity in their own company. 

For another, a higher XRP value will create the appearance of stability and value

If you go back through Ripples tweets from December, they were super busy and active posting many versions of how great XRP is compared to alternatives during the bull run. They got super excited about it like everyone else.    I'm 100% certain they want a high XRP valuation. 

4 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

I'm only just reading it now, but this first reply cracked me up as it was posted 3 days before the Zerpening. 

price never changes.PNG

the next 26 or so days were the coolest 26 or so consecutive days of my life.. The next 26 not so much lol

1 minute ago, RippleDrifter said:

the next 26 or so days were the coolest 26 or so consecutive days of my life.. The next 26 not so much lol

When it hit $3 I remember I started to wonder if I was going to hyperventilate on my way to work, lol. I think I actually feel more balanced and comfortable at $.90 lol

I mean... dude. bro... dude-bro.. it was all memes and rockets for days in the Zerpening. Even the Ripple Twitter feed was just soaked in excitement. so cool!

Edited by RegalChicken

3 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

When it hit $3 I remember I started to wonder if I was going to hyperventilate on my way to work, lol. I think I actually feel more balanced and comfortable at $.90 lol

I mean... dude. bro... dude-bro.. it was all memes and rockets for days in the Zerpening. Even the Ripple Twitter feed was just soaked in excitement. so cool!

i could use some rocket lambo feeling :D working in the office is much easier when XRP is more then 3$ :dance4:

edit: At least i am not that frustrated when i dont get a raise i have been asking for :)

Edited by Jafabibe

14 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

No, I don't believe there is any benefit for Ripple to see XRP devalued. I think the higher the better for many many reasons.

For one; the higher the XRP, the less XRP they have to sell out of escrow each month to partners to generate both partner value and equity in their own company. 

For another, a higher XRP value will create the appearance of stability and value

If you go back through Ripples tweets from December, they were super busy and active posting many versions of how great XRP is compared to alternatives during the bull run. They got super excited about it like everyone else.    I'm 100% certain they want a high XRP valuation. 

Bingo.

Higher price = more desire = more adoption = more liquidity. Ripple needs all the liquidity they can get.

1 minute ago, RegalChicken said:

Same here. I went to see the latest starwars movie the night we ran up to 1.92 and I couldn't sit still or focus on the movie. I had my phone screen dimmed as much as possible on my lap the whole time and girlfriend didn't talk to me for the rest of the night. haha

Just now, RippleDrifter said:

Same here. I went to see the latest starwars movie the night we ran up to 1.92 and I couldn't sit still or focus on the movie. I had my phone screen dimmed as much as possible on my lap the whole time and girlfriend didn't talk to me for the rest of the night. haha

I got into trouble for looking at my phone in the middle of the night.  She didn't say anything till the next day (i'm talking like three checks a night after midnight lol) but she was starting to get paranoid about what i was doing... poor girl, lol. 

4 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

I got into trouble for looking at my phone in the middle of the night.  She didn't say anything till the next day (i'm talking like three checks a night after midnight lol) but she was starting to get paranoid about what i was doing... poor girl, lol. 

Same. Had to reassure her a few times that it's XRP research and not an affair. Although Ripple has kinda been my side chick for the last 3 months. 

4 hours ago, Bladerino said:

For all those who might think that the prize does not rise again or those who feel uncomftable with the prize behaviour now - just sell. It's so important to not listen to all this guys who say all the time "Just hodl" and so on. All these guys have bought for a prize lower then 0.40, they don't lose nothing, so that's why they tell you that all the time.

I made this fault for myself and listened to them. I buyed my xrp for around 1.35 Euro, just a few days before the bull run. I made like 6k unreliazed profit and thought of exit because I had a really bad gut feeling. Now I lost all this profits and made over 2,5k losses. 

Just make your own decissions, it's probably the best way.

REALLY?  ALL I CAN SAY IS

Those people hoping to get rich quick without doing their HOMEWORK

Actually researching something before they put their money into it. I don't really feel sorry for you.

I bought in JULY and have been down half my investment at times.  I was never really worried.

I knew what I had put my money into and I believed in the tech and the team behind it. you lost 6k unrealized?  Cry me a river.

I've lost 60k on paper. and that's nothing on some of the balls of steel HODLERS we got here.

talk to @alpha6164 and hear how much he's lost.  You only lost because you sold.  And I'll tell you a little secret.

If you think you've lost now, wait until December 2018 then look at the XRP price again.  You really won't be happy then.

dawsons-creek-tears-how-to-cry-acting-advice-interview-backstage.jpg.644x593_q100.jpg

10 minutes ago, dabaker56 said:

Those people hoping to get rich quick without doing their HOMEWORK

I've lost 60k on paper. and that's nothing on some of the balls of steel HODLERS we got here.

Homework + HODL'ing. this is a tough tough tough market with wild swings. Gotta HODL hardcore.  A lambo drove past us on the road today and I looked at a buddy of mine and said, at the ATH for XRP I could have bought that with cash, lol. 

Edited by RegalChicken

21 minutes ago, RippleDrifter said:

Are you sure it wasn't because the movie was just garbage?