Zerpening Part 2: The Sequel

14 minutes ago, CryptoOwl said:

Mmmm, exactly. Mr Chris Larsen is part of their advisory board. Has there been any other links between HSBC and Ripple? 

HSBC apparently going to use R3ś Corda - But their problem appears to be that they need other banks to adopt the tech... Will they or won´t they?

2 minutes ago, zerpsurfer said:

HSBC apparently going to use R3ś Corda - But their problem appears to be that they need other banks to adopt the tech... Will they or won´t they?

If hsbc turn to r3 I’ll be closing my account with them :feminist:

If the market is controlled by whales, is there any sense to Hodl ? Whales do not need high prices, just a little bit of movement in price. Please someone explain, how would it even possible to get rid of this situation ?

Edited by Alffons

Just now, Alffons said:

If the market is controlled by whale, is there any sense to Hodl ? Whales do not need high prices, just a little bit of movement in price. Please someone explain, how would it even possible to get rid of this situation ?

Patience.

2 minutes ago, Alffons said:

If the market is controlled by whale, is there any sense to Hodl ? Whales do not need high prices, just a little bit of movement in price. Please someone explain, how would it even possible to get rid of this situation ?

It' only controlled by whales because the price is cheap. Once xrps are used by Financial institutions it will be harder for them to play with the market. 

Edited by jeromem75

4 minutes ago, jeromem75 said:

It' only controlled by whales because the price is cheap. Once xrps are used by Financial institutions it will be harder for them to play with the market. 

I disagree on that. Big players can play and manipulate any market.

5 minutes ago, zerpsurfer said:

This will be interesting, BoA and Merrill Lynch has been associated with Ripple before? Or was it just through R3? 

Anyhow as far as I am aware Corda is closed blockchain with no native cryptocurrency on the platform? Therefore suggesting that nostro/vostro would be needed?

2 hours ago, cuber said:

This is taken from the Cambridge FX site. Over $20 billion volume processed annually in cross border payments.

http://www.cambridgefx.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/FLT-Cambridge-Ripple-PR_FINAL.pdf

So that could equate to an approximate 54m volume per day if all that was to be settled with XRP.

Just now, zenkert said:

I disagree on that. Big players can play and manipulate any market.

I guess if they own x% of the coins now, even with a bigger price per XRP,  they still own the same x%. Possibly even more if they continue to shake free zerps from non hodlers.

13 minutes ago, Alffons said:

If the market is controlled by whales, is there any sense to Hodl ? Whales do not need high prices, just a little bit of movement in price. Please someone explain, how would it even possible to get rid of this situation ?

The whales may play the small channels a bit to accumulate but I believe their big game is the huge 20-50%+ swings that happen every few months, with the correction always bringing us to a higher low than before. 

Plus, we HODL, expecting XRP to increase in value substantially over time.

Day trading is risky as you never know when the next spike will occur. 

Edited by RegalChicken

17 minutes ago, zerpsurfer said:

I believe Corda will be ILP enabled so it really does not matter whose core tech they are using if they can still settle with XRP over ILP.

Just now, Alffons said:

No Sir, they are greedy, they are not satisfied with little price movements meaning little gains, NO! They love to get 10-15 times on the big jumps. And they will get them.  They are the Masters of Patience.

This is a great read by @galgitron, be my guest: http://galgitron.net/Post/The-Anatomy-of-a-Whale

Just be patient and B&HODL!!... :smoke: