Jump to content
eddiebrock

Zerpening Part 2: The Sequel

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, DutchTom said:

Hi Guys,

Some advice needed, since I'm a bit confused about my xrp's on the ledger nano:

If, for instance, during my drive home suddenly a Tree decided to cross the road sending me to other places (xrp-chat heaven i would like) I want my family to keep acces to my wallet. No sense at this point learning my Wife and Daughter how to use the nano, how to withdraw XRP's , move XRP's, use send and receive adresses, etc. 

The thougth not being around here anymore, and my family being left with a vast amount of money on my Ledger (as in the near future:D) not knowing what to do freaks me out a bit I must confess. Would the 24 word phrase which is in a Vault be enough to acces the xrp's and sell them if they would so?

In that case, i just have to make sure that I make some instructions what they should do. What would be wise when they wanna cash out, since when we are talking big numbers, and when it's all about the money, no one could be trusted with the 24 word phrase:huh: Any thougths, what would be easy and safe for them to do?

Like to hear some simple advice from you guys, bearing in mind that they would be noobs and have no clue at all what to do.... 

 

Start a "National Treasure" type scavenger hunt. put each word in a safety deposit in a bank all over the world. Then setup clues for your wife and daughter to which only they would know how to decypher....and when you peg someday have some money set aside with a curator of your will sothat they can complete the hunt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ElChupaThingy78 said:

Start a "National Treasure" type scavenger hunt. put each word in a safety deposit in a bank all over the world. Then setup clues for your wife and daughter to which only they would know how to decypher....and when you peg someday have some money set aside with a curator of your will sothat they can complete the hunt

Great idea! Probably they passed away long before finding the last word,, but they probably would have a good time hunting the words...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DutchTom said:

Hi Guys,

Some advice needed, since I'm a bit confused about my xrp's on the ledger nano:

If, for instance, during my drive home suddenly a Tree decided to cross the road sending me to other places (xrp-chat heaven i would like) I want my family to keep acces to my wallet. No sense at this point learning my Wife and Daughter how to use the nano, how to withdraw XRP's , move XRP's, use send and receive adresses, etc. 

The thougth i could be  not longer around here anymore, and my family being left with a vast amount of money on my Ledger (as in the near future:D) not knowing what to do freaks me out a bit I must confess. Would the 24 word phrase which is in a Vault be enough to acces the xrp's and sell them if they would so?

In that case, i just have to make sure that I make some instructions what they should do. What would be wise when they wanna cash out, since when we are talking big numbers, and when it's all about the money, no one could be trusted with the 24 word phrase:huh: Any thougths, what would be easy and safe for them to do?

Like to hear some simple advice from you guys, bearing in mind that they would be noobs and have no clue at all what to do.... 

 

The simplest method is to give them the pin for your existing nano. That assumes the original Nano is available. If it is not then they can buy a new Nano and use the 24 word phrase to initiate it to access to your zerps. More complex so definitely not the preffered option for technophobes. I believe you can use the phrase to initiate other wallets as well and it will access your stash (80% certain)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DutchTom said:

Great idea! Probably they passed away long before finding the last word,, but they probably would have a good time hunting the words...

Definately, and it have it be symbolic so it shows the love for family

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

I suggest you contact Ledger and ask them.  It is indeed a non-trivial problem.  In some ways having just a paper wallet makes it easier because it's just one secret key.  But essentially the problem is not so much the mechanics as the noobness of our loved ones.

With luck the banks will be on board by the time this is needed and you just take it to the bank and they can handle it for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally think the safest and easiest way to give them access to your wallet is to just use a paper wallet that was never exposed to the internet.

Put your public key and private key in your vault.

If you are gone. They can always access very easily your treasury.

Edited by Boblemoche

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I suggest you contact Ledger and ask them.  It is indeed a non-trivial problem.  In some ways having just a paper wallet makes it easier because it's just one secret key.  But essentially the problem is not so much the mechanics as the noobness of our loved ones.

With luck the banks will be on board by the time this is needed and you just take it to the bank and they can handle it for them.

Agreed, this has to become much easier if there should be wide adoption.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something big in the air. Feel this with my butt.
Such low volumes, good news, but nothing good for xrp price.

Last month i was travelling to India, and there all decisions make after consulting with astrologist, because they believe in planet influence.
As example, weddings started after Venus exited from their negative position.
Maybe because of a lot of volume came from India and China, they are waiting for one planet to came? Is there any Bramins from India to explain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
13 minutes ago, mediator_mba said:

Something big in the air. Feel this with my butt.
Such low volumes, good news, but nothing good for xrp price.

Last month i was travelling to India, and there all decisions make after consulting with astrologist, because they believe in planet influence.
As example, weddings started after Venus exited from their negative position.
Maybe because of a lot of volume came from India and China, they are waiting for one planet to came? Is there any Bramins from India to explain?

I don't think the same kind of people that believe in astrology, invest in XRP. In Buttcoin, sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, icebreath said:

I don't think the same kind of people that believe in astrology, invest in XRP. In Buttcoin, sure.

Yes, sure, but now we need some trading volume, and i'm looking for explanation of this low volume.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...