eddiebrock

Zerpening Part 2: The Sequel

14 minutes ago, Tribble said:

And this March was?

.90 cents all month ?

When do you think XRP Ledger and XRP will become fully decentralized? Would it be possible in the future that XRP becomes fully independent and taken forward by the community instead of just the company?

The XRP Ledger is open source and decentralized. Exchanges, institutions, and other users of XRP run the open source software and process independently every transaction.

We're on track for the XRP Ledger to be more decentralized than either bitcoin or Ethereum is now by the end of 2018. The XRP Ledger's distributed agreement technology doesn't have the inherent centralization that proof of work creates.

Ripple has no special powers over the XRP Ledger. We cannot force people to run software that has features or capabilities they don't want.

We welcome community involvement and other uses cases for XRP.

This response from David is the best thing to copy paste everywhere you see FUDers spreading their poison.

Edited by Boblemoche

3 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

unless I'm mistaken, or this chart is wrong... the amount of XRP required to be a 1%'er dropped by nearly 30,000xrp. 

https://xrpstats.xrptipbot.com/rich-stats#percentage 

XRP required to be in top 1%

By Oct 2017 :  200,000

By Nov 2017 : 185,000

By Dec 2017 : 161,000

By Jan 2018 : 100,000

By Feb 2018:  70,000

1 minute ago, Archive said:

First mover to nudge Amazon?

https://www.coindesk.com/e-commerce-giant-rakuten-launching-cryptocurrency/

Rakuten unveiling coin launch to make cross-boarder purchases easier.

This is always my worry when Crypto’s do get mainstreamed 

The big boys will just make their own coin instead of adopting one. They have the money and resources to create their own. 

20 minutes ago, Boblemoche said:

Yeah I saw this link this morning too, seems like a lot of new small investors then, or people splitting their wallets.

I would go with new investors.  Hard to believe 1% would be unloading during a big bear run.

1 minute ago, DJsmurf45 said:

The big boys will just make their own coin instead of adopting one. They have the money and resources to create their own. 

They can make their own but it will still be isolated to their designated ecosystems.  Not super concerned as it's more of some gimmicky rewards point scheme.