eddiebrock

Zerpening Part 2: The Sequel

11 minutes ago, Volpino said:

Whenever someone who knows you are involved with XRP constantly tells you it is a waste of your money and they look at the charts and price and say that it is going to fail..how should I respond? There are a lot of you on this forum much smarter than I am and can respond to these comments with more substance than I could.

That's a tough one.  I would say have a compelling list of arguments ready.  Don't use too much jargon and whatever you do, don't resort to TA.

2 minutes ago, Benchmark said:

Ignore. Even if you could make compelling arguments, why bother? People like that don't want to be convinced, they want to ***** and moan to make everyone as miserable as they are.

Don't let random people influence your state of mind. 

I just want people to see XRP and Ripple for what they are worth. I don't care what they think of me and how I handle my money and investments. But I do care about the public view on Ripple's team and XRP...probably is best to ignore at times tho. Especially when people are just trying to argue I guess.

7 minutes ago, Volpino said:

Whenever someone who knows you are involved with XRP constantly tells you it is a waste of your money and they look at the charts and price and say that it is going to fail..how should I respond? There are a lot of you on this forum much smarter than I am and can respond to these comments with more substance than I could.

It could fail and it could also surpass our own wild expectations.  If you are only putting in what you can risk to lose then you are making an investment based on the knowledge and information you have acquired.  This could very well turn out to be a waste of money, but so are lottery tickets, and I bet everyone you know has pumped thousands into them during their lifetime.  Ignore them and be humble and gracious with your success if it comes.

3 minutes ago, Benchmark said:

Ignore. Even if you could make compelling arguments, why bother? People like that don't want to be convinced, they want to ***** and moan to make everyone as miserable as they are.

Don't let random people influence your state of mind. 

there is a lot of truth to that too. When I told people what I held back in November I was told to sell now, while it's still profitable. I held. By Christmas I remember having a discussion about it with a distant relative and he said it won't go anywhere. a week later my holdings were up from $.20ea to $3.50ea.  I didn't say anything about it though, and I'm a little glad I didn't because even though I'm still green over all, people who don't understand could use the january dip as an argument to support their stance.

Although my lady always asks, are you buying more??? whenever it drops. #HODL'ingTheGirl

1 minute ago, John_Buh said:

That's a tough one.  I would say have a compelling list of arguments ready.  Don't use too much jargon and whatever you do, don't resort to TA.

haha I have made the mistake of saying what I think I will cash out with and they laughed at me even more

1 minute ago, Archive said:

It could fail and it could also surpass our own wild expectations.  If you are only putting in what you can risk to lose then you are making an investment based on the knowledge and information you have acquired.  This could very well turn out to be a waste of money, but so are lottery tickets, and I bet everyone you know has pumped thousands into them during their lifetime.  Ignore them and be humble and gracious with your success if it comes.

Many people tell me to take out my initial investment, and even though I see how that can be smart...I am weighing the risk and rewards...and the rewards FAR outweigh the risk of my initial investment :biggrin: 

3 minutes ago, Volpino said:

Many people tell me to take out my initial investment, and even though I see how that can be smart...I am weighing the risk and rewards...and the rewards FAR outweigh the risk of my initial investment :biggrin: 

same. My final decision on it always comes down to this:

losing my investment would change my life far less than should XRP reach $7, 10, or $30+

1 minute ago, Volpino said:

Well, that depends on your entry point.  If you got in early, then pulling the initial investment out may be a relatively small percentage

of what you own now.  Playing with house money has the benefit of peace of mind.

2 minutes ago, Volpino said:

I just want people to see XRP and Ripple for what they are worth

If they cannot understand or see the value proposition within 5 minutes then you will never convince them of anything.  I've sold a very high level investment manager on XRP in under 2 minutes and I've also alienated my financial adviser in over 10.  It's almost like politics, they either have a similar vantage point or they don't.  Just be civil and gracious with all discussion to try to maintain your relationship.

11 minutes ago, Stedas said:

XRP vs GLOBAL TRANSFER MARKETS

Who is afraid of the XRP market cap going to be too high if the price goes beyond $100?

Well, let's put that into perspective. Look at this infographic and think again! XRP have still plenty of room for growth!

Full image (PNG): stedas.hr/pics/png/xrp-vs-money-markets.png

Hodl ! #XRPthestandard

xrp-vs-money-markets.png

Look at that!... And now people are whining that we will never ever ever ever ever get to $100.00.

Great post man!  :drinks:

Almost every company wants to launch their own Crypto token in a year or two.. We need new regulations to regulate ICO pretty soon.. 

Lot of my colleagues and friends are interested in XRP but they are not interested in buying at this price.. Because they say that XRP has already raised a lot, so most of them are trying their luck with other ICO's in recent days.. ICO is hurting a lot in recent days.. Once ppl get scammed in a ICO, they turn hatred against the entire crypto.. 

Most of the ICO's are scam (99%).. 

But provided that XRP has a real utility., its going to sustain in long term. I am just ALL in on XRP.. going to hold through the storm.. #Hodl 

Just now, John_Buh said:

Well, that depends on your entry point.  If you got in early, then pulling the initial investment out may be a relatively small percentage

of what you own now.  Playing with house money has the benefit of peace of mind.

I was lucky to get in at an average of $0.2 and although I got in cheap I am in college and basically live a more conservative lifestyle now because I would rather struggle a little more now if it means large success later

2 minutes ago, John_Buh said:

That's very true. Personally, I'd like to pull out at no less than $5-10.  at $5 I could pull out just about 8% of my stash and leave the nano untouched for another couple years if I really needed too. It would be nice to see that $5,7, or 10+ price this year so I could do that and enjoy a small bonus but if I have to let it ride...so be it. 

Just now, Volpino said:

I was lucky to get in at an average of $0.2 and although I got in cheap I am in college and basically live a more conservative lifestyle now because I would rather struggle a little more now if it means large success later

That's a very wise approach.  Don't let a little money go to your head. You will do fine.