eddiebrock

Zerpening Part 2: The Sequel

5 minutes ago, bachmama said:

Meanwhile, BTC sneaked passed EMA50 and is attacking EMA200 now (hourly)...

How about the EMA198 (37 minute-ly) ? :P

Edited by Boblemoche
Making my joke even less funny...

3 minutes ago, Boblemoche said:

Actually it might not be complete non sense.

I was always wondering, if the crowd looks at the EMA200 for a breakout, why not looking yourself for the EMA195 or so in order to react just a little faster ?

Well, that would mean 195 days which sets the moving average higher (lower depending on where u come from). So while u think "time to buy" each and everyone blocks at 200. u understand EMAs?

Edited by bachmama

12 minutes ago, CryptoOwl said:

Have we been discussing about any community initiatives to support Ripple growth? I mean we can't effect too much on Ripple strategy and we don't need to. But we could help by growing the community, provide ACCURATE information, speed up decentralization with our own validator? 

I admire people like @Hodor, @buckorand @XRPTrump who are really putting time and effort to support their investments.

Here is some ideas we could do to support the community:

1. Start our own validator, funded by community members to support decentralization. 

2. Promote xrpchat to new investors and provide support for weak hands. 

3. Open up legit, multilingual Ripple related news channel / blog where published articles would be democratically voted within the community members to ensure only the legit information is published. 

4. Start Ripple meetings within local communities :D

What do you guys think? I'm up for running the validator and can even set it up, would just need someone to split the costs with ?

Maybe you should turn this into an actual thread so people don't miss it? I like the idea :) 

Just now, bachmama said:

Well, that would mean 195 days witch sets the moving average higher. So while u think "time to buy" each and everyone blocks at 200. u understand EMAs?

Well now do we buy or we sell if we break the EWMA on the upside ? If we think it's a breakout and the price will now move much higher then better use a smaller window to be more reactive.

Hmm, BTC futures expiring in less than 2 hours. How did they let the price go over $10k already? ? Bull trap or intentionally misleading the last traders on the futures ?

Can someone clarify something to me, today is the last TRADING day of futures, but settlement seems to be in a week? So which date actually matter more? Settlement day? 

9 minutes ago, Boblemoche said:

Well now do we buy or we sell if we break the EWMA on the upside ? If we think it's a breakout and the price will now move much higher then better use a smaller window to be more reactive.

I know what mean now. Ok, when a breakout to the upside is confirmed you CAN buy. BTC hasn´t moved significantly higher for a confirmation (>10400). But also watch other time windows and especially the volume. The volume is still low. Remember the whales? 

About reaction time. I´d rather look at longer time frames. 4h is my most used. And I stick to the EMAs everyone uses. For faster reaction time you have the 50 EMA. 195 doesn´t give you a real advantage.

Edited by bachmama
my english sucks, always deleting typos

6 minutes ago, CryptoOwl said:

Hmm, BTC futures expiring in less than 2 hours. How did they let the price go over $10k already? ? Bull trap or intentionally misleading the last traders on the futures ?

Can someone clarify something to me, today is the last TRADING day of futures, but settlement seems to be in a week? So which date actually matter more? Settlement day? 

It's quite odd indeed that CME futures settle (in cash) a week after the last tradeable date.

Anyway the most important date of the two is definitely the last trade date (today in that case) cause after that, whatever happens you are stuck with it anyway.