Zerpening Part 2: The Sequel

1 minute ago, Benchmark said:

2012: Coinbase supports BTC

2016 July: Coinbase supports ETH (4 yrs after BTC)

2017 May: Coinbase supports LTC (1 yr after ETH)

2017 Dec: Coinbase supports BCH (1/2 yr after LTC)

Extrapolating this very limited amount of data means XRP support in March 2018, 1/4 yr after BCH. :smoke:

To take it a step further I think Charlie Lee announced CB support for LTC in like Feb. Coinbase confirmed in March. I thought support started earlier though, like April.  but I see their official blog post was May

https://blog.coinbase.com/coinbase-adds-support-for-litecoin-720ab0aa3281

• Replies 25.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RegalChicken

• zenkert

• John_Buh

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is not the reason I thought I’d have an erection on Valentine’s Day...

This has got to be the single most bullish community on the face of the earth. Asset dips = "EVERYONE BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY" Asset dips more = "EVERYONE HODL HARD, HODL THE FRONT LINE, GIVE TH

Completely, completely off-topic but since there's so much good news around today, I'm going to share my own that just came in. BMG have offered me a favourable worldwide distribution deal for my musi

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

yeah that's how I see it. Unless Asia comes back to the game just to short everything, they'd have to buy in to play the game. and prior years all indicate that's what happens... so we will see. 

@RegalChicken, I hope you're right. On the other hand: let's assume (no, we're convinced) that XRP makes a pretty damn good flight this year and ends up for  - let's say- 70 dollars eoy. In that case i would not be surprised that from januari or februari 2019, depending of the date of CNY, there will be another bloodbath at the horizon. It would take strong hands to stay and hodl for that period of time. Lets state that someone has 10,000 xrp right now, and survived the januari dip with a paper loss of 50%. That makes about $5000,- paper loss at current price. Now let's fast forward to januari 2019 at $70,- with the same stack: a 50% dip means a $350.000 paper loss.

Ik think many of us (me included) would not take the risk on behalf of CNY, and will sell at $70,- late december, planning to buy back in febr. march 2019. This would mean that XRP price would plunge.

That's why I made myself an exit-strategy, by selling small parts of my stack at different points of gain in price. Most fun would be to hodl with steel balls to at least $100,- though.

OR:  wouldn't the above affect XRP price that much if we reach 70 dollars fe. just by large banks and FI's using XRP? Any thougths?

Edited by DutchTom
typo
1 hour ago, NorCalguy said:

I'm on Kraken and I'm tier 3 verified.  It's a process of submitting a bunch of documents (multiple times) to finally get approval.  After you're tier 3 verified, you can wire fiat to them directly.  It takes about 5 hours from the time you wire the money until the deposit process is completed and your fiat is in your account for trading.  

I don't mind the process, but I mind the #ssn.

1 hour ago, Helleaven said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I can see, most of you must first buy bitcoin to convert it to XRP on other platforms? I found it curious because I was expecting "buying XRP directly with fiat" (fiat: a word I learned here, never heard it before, good to learn new things) to be much more common in other countries in the world. I mean I am from Turkey and I can buy directly with fiat from my exchange site. To be honest that's the only way because you can't trade between other CCs; only from fiat to CC. Why do you think they don't implement the system to buy XRP directly with fiat? 

Yeah, also i’ve been watching a lot of people waiting a few days to get their fiat in their exchange accounts.

I kinda feel a little lucky because here in Mexico We can fund my Mexican Pesos Wallet in seconds and we can buy XRP directly. If I want a coin from Binance or Bitrex I use XRP to send them and then I exchange there. Its Super Fast and A lot cheaper.

I think it wont take long for XRP having a lot of pairs in the biggest exchanges. And then comes the Holy Decoupling from BTC. B)

Edited by LeGonze
28 minutes ago, DutchTom said:

@RegalChicken, I hope you're right. On the other hand: let's assume (no, we're convinced) that XRP makes a pretty damn good flight this year and ends up for  - let's say- 70 dollars eoy. In that case i would not be surprised that from januari or februari 2019, depending of the date of CNY, there will be another bloodbath at the horizon. It would take strong hands to stay and hodl for that period of time. Lets state that someone has 10,000 xrp right now, and survived the januari dip with a paper loss of 50%. That makes about $5000,- paper loss at current price. Now let's fast forward to januari 2019 at $70,- with the same stack: a 50% dip means a $350.000 paper loss.

Ik think many of us (me included) would not take the risk on behalf of CNY, and will sell at $70,- late december, planning to buy back in febr. march 2019. This would mean that XRP price would plunge.

That's why I made myself an exit-strategy, by selling small parts of my stack at different points of gain in price. Most fun would be to hodl with steel balls to at least $100,- though.

OR:  wouldn't the above affect XRP price that much if we reach 70 dollars fe. just by large banks and FI's using XRP? Any thougths?

well, I know of a handful of guys that have already seen their XRP portfolio drop by over $300k since the ATH last month and at least 1 or 2 guys who have seen million dollar dips so I'd say the HODL'ers are here and used to it ;)

4 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

well, I know of a handful of guys that have already seen their XRP portfolio drop by over $300k since the ATH last month and at least 1 or 2 guys who have seen million dollar dips so I'd say the HODL'ers are here and used to it ;)

I'm not quite that bad but had paper losses of just over six figures during the last bloodbath of jan and feb and you know what, it has made me a stronger person and also made me realize that i can do it, over 100k is a lot to drop but over 3mil potential in returns is mind boggling,

Alpa is the one on here who has the biggest balls as far as i'm aware, man he must push his balls around in wheelbarrow lol 

2 minutes ago, Plikk said:

To counter fear of selling to early, I simply plan to get my initial investment out @ 13 USD / XRP. Once i did that, I will be much easier to HOLD for another year or two. I am in it for the big life changing game, nothing else.

Playing with house money is true peace of mind.

I have also experienced great dips since the ATH. But to be honest, it did never bother me. Even when 'calculating' what the staggering amount was in €. The loss felt just as 'digital' as the gains were on the ATH. As long as nothing is sold, nothing is set and done. Neither your profit or loss. 

So couldn't be bothered since we all know it's just crypto volatility. I believe so many people just don't have the ability to think as clear. That makes us - on xrpchat - worthwhile of our zerps and gains! We have made these decisions ourselves.  Here's to the HODL'ers!

Edited by cryptowealth