Zerpening Part 2: The Sequel

1 minute ago, DutchTom said:

Just loaded up another couple of t.......nd zerps. Good time to buy though?

If I can’t earn any money, at least i can try to increase my stack, enhancing my position..

And for sure I’m in for the long haul, but still it’s annoying?

I have the same sickness. Buying more almost every day :JC_doubleup:

• Replies 25.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RegalChicken

• zenkert

• John_Buh

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is not the reason I thought I’d have an erection on Valentine’s Day...

This has got to be the single most bullish community on the face of the earth. Asset dips = "EVERYONE BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY" Asset dips more = "EVERYONE HODL HARD, HODL THE FRONT LINE, GIVE TH

Completely, completely off-topic but since there's so much good news around today, I'm going to share my own that just came in. BMG have offered me a favourable worldwide distribution deal for my musi

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, WrathofKahneman said:

It is possible; there are some exchanges for US citizens that allow a direct purchase of XRP, but, for example Kraken, many require you to submit your social security # to get verified.  This is a significant barrier, I think.  There are more hoops to jump through than there are for starting an account to purchase stocks.

I'm on Kraken and I'm tier 3 verified.  It's a process of submitting a bunch of documents (multiple times) to finally get approval.  After you're tier 3 verified, you can wire fiat to them directly.  It takes about 5 hours from the time you wire the money until the deposit process is completed and your fiat is in your account for trading.  

I am just thinking out loud here.
If more exchanges will add XRP, like Coinbase that is always a big topic and has been as long as a Bull can remember. Here are my 4 points and thoughts on that.

1. Some say It will drive the price up, short-term, will it?
  2. Nopplies with with weak hands will enter, and mess things up?
  3. Or will they become strong Hodlers?
  4. In the end, is it good for XRP?

So let´s share your opinions on this. All opinions are welcome. But of course I would like the Zerper Brothers to share their view too.
@RegalChicken @cuber @teddybear @Ripple-Stiltskin @PickleRick and I would not mind the view of our guide in the Crypto Jungle either, the Mighy @Hodor

Edited by zenkert
20 minutes ago, CryptoOwl said:

Chinese New Years would be your best bet ?

Edit: I hope that @RegalChickenthought about Asia selling of their holdings is correct. As when they return, they will be on the buying mode ? This should happen in 1-2 weeks. I think many people are expecting March to be something. 

yeah that's how I see it. Unless Asia comes back to the game just to short everything, they'd have to buy in to play the game. and prior years all indicate that's what happens... so we will see. 

1 minute ago, zenkert said:

If more exchanges will add XRP, like Coinbase that is always a big topic and has been as long as a Bull can remember. Here are my 4 points and thoughts on that.

So let´s share your opinions on this. All opinions are welcome. But of course I would like the Zerper Brothers to share their view too.
@RegalChicken @cuber @teddybear @Ripple-Stiltskin @PickleRick and I would not mind the view of our compass in the Crypto Jungle either, the Mighy @Hodor

1. i think some exchanges will. Everyone gives CB a lot of credit for ETH and LTC's rise and there is psychological value to that. 14 million or more customers at CB who have very few coins to choose from will see the very inexpensive XRP.

2. I think the new investors are not keen on day trading or shorting and will likely be HODL'ers

3. hard to say, I've been impressed by the ability of a lot of new investors to HODL the storms. but I think people are generally understanding that Crypto swings hard and when it dips hard even new investors expect recovery.

4. I think so...

1 minute ago, RegalChicken said:

yeah that's how I see it. Unless Asia comes back to the game just to short everything, they'd have to buy in to play the game. and prior years all indicate that's what happens... so we will see. 

Prior years indicates shorting + buy to dump? Or just to buy in to get back into game? ?

Just now, RegalChicken said:

2. I think the new investors are not keen on day trading or shorting and will likely be HODL'ers

I think that newer tax regulations in the US might keep people from doing a bunch of day trading.  Even when I could see the market dropping I wasn't willing to risk any of my precious and small stack - but even if I had a larger stack I don't know that I would have because of taxes.

2 minutes ago, zenkert said:

@RegalChicken @cuber @teddybear @Ripple-Stiltskin @PickleRick and I would not mind the view of our guide in the Crypto Jungle either, the Mighy @Hodor

I think....

1. The price will increase which was proven in December / January last year based on the rumour.
  2. Investors / traders will enter the XRP market where they possibly weren't before resulting in a higher price due to the increased volume associated with additional purchasing of the asset. I think that this will most likely be people interested in trading as opposed to holding as anyone interested in holding will have already found alternative exchanges to facilitate their buys on.
  3. See point 3 above.
  4. It can be good but depends what pairing is offered. If FIAT / XRP is offered then this will help the disconnect between XRP and Bitcoin however if BTC still requires to be purchased prior to buying XRP then we just have one more exchange doing what many others are doing.
  5. Time will tell. Coinbase will list XRP sooner or later.
12 minutes ago, zenkert said:

I honestly don’t dare to give a prediction. Looking at the patterns in the past XRP should go up on the announcement of listing on CB and again at the date of the actual listing. So much new investors having easy acces to XRP.   That and according to historical patterns BTC goes up after CNY.  ( note: the chart of XRP was flat from december 1 , 2016 till march 22, 2017.....so....). 

What caused the big rise from march 22 till early april ( 1000%, dip back to 500%) and from april 28 till may 19 ( 1000% and dip back to 500%)? Total ; + 2500%. And not only XRP, but almost all coins. An enormous inflow of new money? 

Well, if you believe that the same patterns will repeat themselves, then you know roughly what we can expect.

But I’m not so sure. Not about the timing anyway. I am however convinced that there will be runs up to $ 10 , $ 20 and $ 40 this year. Just a feeling though, no special system or crystal ball.  I’m holding at least until summer 2019 and “ counting” on a high ROI. 

1 hour ago, CryptoOwl said:

Holding account for assets that does not exist... What would happen if in theory these tokens would leak out to exchange? 10 million imaginary BTC tokens could be traded ? 

I could easily be used as an opening account balance.

It could also be used as a record holder as they physically use the btc traded in the background.

similarly, the money in your bank account is a place holder. Your bank is using your money to fund loans and other items in the background.