Zerpening Part 2: The Sequel

Just now, CaptainCorningware said:

I mean, when BTC hits 30k he'll be sittin pretty.

Yes sure, but let's say you earn 50k and you take a mortgage of 300k to buy BTC at 19K and BTC sinks to 1K he might be screwed, depends on his income obviously, but that would be too much risk for me personally. Everybody's got a different risk tolerance level and need to assess individually how much they are willing to put up knowing you can win or lose it all.

My end goal is to just accumulate as much XRP as I can this Spring and then sit on it and forget about it until the last semester of my senior year. Then I'd like to be able to cash enough in to pay off undergrad. Then ignore it until finishing grad school and re-asses, pay off grad school, then decide what to do with the rest. Maybe hodl, maybe liquidate, who knows. 

I would never recommend taking out a loan to invest in crypto. But if you think 5k is something you can pay back, take a loan for 5k, invest half of it and keep the rest in a bank account. So if things go belly up, you can pay back at least half of the loan without trouble.

and yes, when zerps go up in price to a point where you can sell a small amount to cover your debt, do it.

*This is not financial advise, I am not a financial advisor, do your own research, etc. etc.

1 minute ago, CaptainCorningware said:

My end goal is to just accumulate as much XRP as I can this Spring and then sit on it and forget about it until the last semester of my senior year. Then I'd like to be able to cash enough in to pay off undergrad. Then ignore it until finishing grad school and re-asses, pay off grad school, then decide what to do with the rest. Maybe hodl, maybe liquidate, who knows. 

you´ll end up watching this thread and checking LCW until you sell. Worth it?

6 minutes ago, zenkert said:

But what if it does not happen . . . @xrp-pat? One has to be very careful giving advice.

Then he's lost 5k. If he can afford to lose that, then happy days. Not everyone has stacks of money lying around waiting for an investment opportunity. If losing 5k will cause dire financial straits then yes that is foolish. 

1 minute ago, HodlOnASec said:

I would never recommend taking out a loan to invest in crypto. But if you think 5k is something you can pay back, take a loan for 5k, invest half of it and keep the rest in a bank account. So if things go belly up, you can pay back at least half of the loan without trouble.

and yes, when zerps go up in price to a point where you can sell a small amount to cover your debt, do it.

*This is not financial advise, I am not a financial advisor, do your own research, etc. etc.

I like your idea of splitting it in half. That seems like the safest bet. Having to pay back 2500 over 10 years as an NP won't even be noticeable, and that's assuming XRP becomes worthless, which is irrational. 

Just now, bachmama said:

you´ll end up watching this thread and checking LCW until you sell. Worth it?

I have had three target amounts for zerps. Overshot then all and set new targets. The plan was always to reach the target and then “forget about it until it’s time to sell”.

...and yet here I am, waking up in the middle of the night, checking the Bitfinex app for current price. Then the zerpening thread. Not always in that order. :D

1 minute ago, bachmama said:

"if" and "when" are the words that make either impressive stories or desasterous stories.

"if i had bought - if xrp reaches $xxx - when moon ..."

Like that @bachmama IF I had only had known about XRP in february 2017 I would have bought a lot.
But I discovered it in September 2017 and been buying since then.

If is hindsight and that is not a good view on anything, it has passed, it is a dead Parrot (Sorry @John_Buh LOL) It has ceased to be.
But you can learn, from the past and use that knowledge NOW and in the Future.

Just Bull Talk :focus:

1 minute ago, CaptainCorningware said:

I like your idea of splitting it in half. That seems like the safest bet. Having to pay back 2500 over 10 years as an NP won't even be noticeable, and that's assuming XRP becomes worthless, which is irrational. 

Splitting it up in half is a waste of time, just borrow half the amount instead. 

3 minutes ago, xrp-pat said:

Then he's lost 5k. If he can afford to lose that, then happy days. Not everyone has stacks of money lying around waiting for an investment opportunity. If losing 5k will cause dire financial straits then yes that is foolish. 

So basically what you are advicing him is to lose 5K $ on a loan. Me not like that. No.

Edited by zenkert

Just now, zenkert said:

So basically what you are advicing him is to lose 5K $ on a loan. Me not like that. No.

No, he's advising me to invest what I can afford to lose. If I can afford to lose $5k and have to pay it back after school over the course of 10 years, then he's advising me to do it; and if not, don't do it.