Zerpening Part 2: The Sequel

2 minutes ago, CaptainCorningware said:

Real question guys..

I'm a 25 y/o full-time student on track to hopefully start Nursing school this Fall. I'm a GI Bill recipient, which means I get a living stipend to help with bills while my GI Bill takes care of tuition costs. My question is: Would it be worth taking out a small student loan of, say, $5,000 to invest in zerps? I've read from some investment books that the best way to use debt is to buy assets with it, and we all believe XRP will at least break $10 this year, which would make the ROI worth it even after paying back the loan. 

Do any of you think this is a smart idea?

Simple answer:
 - No!
invest only with money you have and can afford to lose @CaptainCorningware

1 minute ago, CaptainCorningware said:

Real question guys..

I'm a 25 y/o full-time student on track to hopefully start Nursing school this Fall. I'm a GI Bill recipient, which means I get a living stipend to help with bills while my GI Bill takes care of tuition costs. My question is: Would it be worth taking out a small student loan of, say, $5,000 to invest in zerps? I've read from some investment books that the best way to use debt is to buy assets with it, and we all believe XRP will at least break $10 this year, which would make the ROI worth it even after paying back the loan. 

Hard to say. The moment to step in is better than a month ago. However, you need to determine if $5000 is an amount you will be able to pay back should XRP hit rock bottom. I don't think that will happen, but you should consider each and every option. If you think you can't, don't do it. 

5 minutes ago, CaptainCorningware said:

Real question guys..

No. It's not a smart idea at all.

1 minute ago, CaptainCorningware said:

5000 is definitely feasible to pay back. Loans get deferred until 6 months after you graduate, and I'll be in school until I'm a NP.

Well then, go ahead and do it. It might pay off, and it might not.
You asked for advice and you got advice, sound advice.
If you do it, please report back here and tell us if you made a gain.

9 minutes ago, CaptainCorningware said:

Real question guys..

Personally I think that'll be the smartest move you ever make. 5k won't bankrupt you, but will very possibly change your life in years to come with the very likely substantial rise in the price of xrp. 

12 minutes ago, CaptainCorningware said:

Real question guys..

This is the worst possible idea you could have.

There is a serious risk XRP can go down, do you really understand that and what it implies?

Always always invest what you can afford to lose.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, CaptainCorningware said:

5000 is definitely feasible to pay back. Loans get deferred until 6 months after you graduate, and I'll be in school until I'm a NP.

I did something similar during the gold bull run a few years back. Student loan interest rates were a joke and I made a decent profit. However, losing was an alternative but possible scenario. I took a controlled risk and the money I put in was an amount I knew I could pay back should things go south. Generally speaking, I do agree though that it isn't wise to use money you cannot afford to lose and you should determine that yourself. I read a story of this guy who took a second mortgage on his house to buy BTC at 19K, that wouldn't be a controlled risk for me.

1 minute ago, xrp-pat said:

Personally I think that'll be the smartest move you ever make. 5k won't bankrupt you, but will very possibly change your life in years to come with the very likely substantial rise in the price of xrp. 

But what if it does not happen . . . @xrp-pat? One has to be very careful giving advice.

1 minute ago, DQA said:

I did something similar during the gold bull run a few years back. Student loan interest rates were a joke and I made a decent profit. However, losing was an alternative but possible scenario. I took a controlled risk and the money I put in was an amount I knew I could pay back should things go south. Generally speaking, I do agree though that it isn't wise to use money you cannot afford to lose and you should determine that yourself. I read a story of this guy who took a second mortgage on his house to buy BTC at 19K, that wouldn't be a controlled risk for me.

I mean, when BTC hits 30k he'll be sittin pretty.