eddiebrock

Zerpening Part 2: The Sequel

Just now, jtusa said:

Possible, but I read somewhere the other day that they "printed" $800m Tether in January.

Where did that billion in cash come from if true?

just because they say every tether is back by 1 usd doesn't mean they don't have lots more usd in the bank reserved for tether expansion...I assume bitfinex is making hand over fist profit.  I will admit though, I am nervous about this.  Media is attacking the situation.  

@jtusa I agree.  I'm just thinking that maybe it's a timing thing.  Is it possible that they are "printing" in "steps & stairs".  Now, I could be way off and completely wrong also but they can't be expected to run off a new USDT each time they get an extra $

with all this red what do we think will happen when Korea wake up?

will they Buy or Sell?

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, brettmgs said:

with all this red what do we think will happen when Korea wake up?

will they Buy or Sell?

Depends on the question if BTC manages to hold the 10k. Actually I think it will test 10 as long as it takes to go lower. Market wants BTC lower. You can smell that.

Just now, Pete said:

@jtusa I agree.  I'm just thinking that maybe it's a timing thing.  Is it possible that they are "printing" in "steps & stairs".  Now, I could be way off and completely wrong also but they can't be expected to run off a new USDT each time they get an extra $

Yeah, I would imagine that's how it's done. They're issued as needed to keep the $1 value.

This was going to happen eventually, better to have this shake out now at the beginning of the year.

11 minutes ago, JoelQuinn said:

Always something to drown out our great news....

The end result can be positive if nothing worrisome is found. Still think that the Bitfinex-team is not that stupid to commit fraud with billions of dollars and think to get away with it.

2 minutes ago, bachmama said:

Depends on the question if BTC manages to hold the 10k. Actually I think it will test 10 as long as it takes to go lower. Market wants BTC lower. You can smell that.

BTC went down to $9731.20 on bitstamp and is still below now 

1 minute ago, Benchmark said:

The end result can be positive if nothing worrisome is found. Still think that the Bitfinex-team is not that stupid to commit fraud with billions of dollars and think to get away with it.

Murderers always seem to think they get away with their crime, so do robbers. Let´s hope the best.

Why doesn't the whole world just move their money from tether to their favorite tether trading pair and we will all go on our merry way.  Bitfinex will have to buy back all their useless tether and go out of business.

I hate that I didn't stick to the promise I made last week that I wouldn't look at any of my crypto's for 6 months.  I knew that would be impossible to do.  I still stick to the premise though; I'll own them at the end of 2018, whether they increase or decrease or cease to exist, and evaluate my choices then.  Still though, things don't look good IMO, for sure in the short term, which is why if I'm long there really is no point on following this crap on a daily basis...except it's become like crack to me and I just can't stay away.

Just now, jtusa said:

Yeah, I would imagine that's how it's done. They're issued as needed to keep the $1 value.

This was going to happen eventually, better to have this shake out now at the beginning of the year.

Hopefully alright, or it could turn in to a complete and utter $h1t $t0rm !  The only thing that I keep thinking of is that it should\would have been exposed earlier.  Maybe there's a bit of a difference in what's 'printed' and what's in the Bank to cover but I hope that difference isn't too much