eddiebrock

Zerpening Part 2: The Sequel

7 minutes ago, DarkHorseXRP said:

@CNBCFastMoney is teasing!

Do you think the people at CNBC realise that they are showing a graph of XRP and not Ripple?

Just now, stvv said:

Do you think the people at CNBC realise that they are showing a graph of XRP and not Ripple?

I hope they do, because that means Brad's interview would contain news specific to XRP and not just Ripple.

1 minute ago, HodlOnASec said:

It's a legit step towards getting XRP some Wall St. cred, no?

yeah I think the big money is finally finding ways to get crypto into funds. The Winklevoss twins probably deserve credit for the initial big pushes, but Grayscale and Arrington are the two biggest successes I've seen in the field so far. 

the Grayscale investment trust requires a minimum 25k investment and they only own $500k XRP, so at MAX, all they could have is like 20 investors... which is weird for a multi-billion holdings company. I'm disappointed their XRP holdings aren't more like $2.5-5 million, but I bet they go up.

Each share is worth 100 XRP, so I'm guessing they're about $110 each (with premiums) right now. Whomever makes the hop to buy in will likely be rewarded handsomely when their one year holding period is up. 

Just now, HodlOnASec said:

I hope they do, because that means Brad's interview would contain news specific to XRP and not just Ripple.

Yeah that's what I was getting at. I can see it happening, they show this graph while Brad announces something about xCurrent...

2 minutes ago, stvv said:

I think slowly as the cryptosphere opens up more people are using "XRP" as the correct term for XRP, vs "Ripple". But to be fair there is a lot of confusion. In the top coins, almost all the rest have a name.... Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash, etc. so people think RIpple's ticker is XRP... basically. rather than just saying "Bitcoin, Ethereum and XRP". 

Just now, RegalChicken said:

I think slowly as the cryptosphere opens up more people are using "XRP" as the correct term for XRP, vs "Ripple". But to be fair there is a lot of confusion. In the top coins, almost all the rest have a name.... Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash, etc. so people think RIpple's ticker is XRP... basically. rather than just saying "Bitcoin, Ethereum and XRP". 

We should petition Ripple to officially name the coin "Zerp".

4 minutes ago, HodlOnASec said:

We should petition Ripple to officially name the coin "Zerp".

Yes 

7 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

Agreed, but a media-outlet focusing on 'fast money' should be able to make this distinction, no? It should be their role to help overcome this confusion, not to keep it going. We will see tonight, I guess.

Edited by stvv

1 minute ago, Zerpinator said:

Yes 

I’ll have a latte please,

that will be 0.00006 zerps please