eddiebrock

Zerpening Part 2: The Sequel

Whenever someone who knows you are involved with XRP constantly tells you it is a waste of your money and they look at the charts and price and say that it is going to fail..how should I respond? There are a lot of you on this forum much smarter than I am and can respond to these comments with more substance than I could.

2 minutes ago, Stedas said:

XRP vs GLOBAL TRANSFER MARKETS

Who is afraid of the XRP market cap going to be too high if the price goes beyond $100?

Well, let's put that into perspective. Look at this infographic and think again! XRP have still plenty of room for growth!

Full image (PNG): stedas.hr/pics/png/xrp-vs-money-markets.png

Hodl ! #XRPthestandard

xrp-vs-money-markets.png

Personally I'm not afraid, per se, of a huge market cap. There's already more money in the world than my feeble mind can even process. I don't stress over market cap at all, although I do look at it because when I see companies that have MC's of $100-800 billion I think well yeah, this digital asset can surely surpass that. 

I think where my mind goes, is questioning where the money will come from and trying to understand that. It's not as though the facts aren't there in front of us/me. It's just wrapping my mind around it that's difficult.  I don't have a hard time believing XRP can surpass the $100 point, possibly at lightening speed. Especially if it's true that only 8 billion XRP currently exist in actual circulation. it's just a matter of my mind contemplating where that influx of cash will come from, initially. 

1 minute ago, Volpino said:

Whenever someone who knows you are involved with XRP constantly tells you it is a waste of your money and they look at the charts and price and say that it is going to fail..how should I respond? There are a lot of you on this forum much smarter than I am and can respond to these comments with more substance than I could.

I started buy FB at about $18/share and everyone said the same thing. But at the time I thought wow this company has a billion active users. All they need to do is flip basically any switch at all and start making a huge profit. 

When I look at XRP it's basically the same thing. Add up the investors (SBI, Google, Microsoft) and the partners (Bill Gates, American Express, Santander, Cuallix, The Central Banks, MGI, WU, etc etc etc). Look at the 61 banks trialing xCurrent right now. and to me, it's the same thing. It's like wow, all this thing needs is to flip a switch, and boom. $$

Just now, RegalChicken said:

I started buy FB at about $18/share and everyone said the same thing. But at the time I thought wow this company has a billion active users. All they need to do is flip basically any switch at all and start making a huge profit. 

When I look at XRP it's basically the same thing. Add up the investors (SBI, Google, Microsoft) and the partners (Bill Gates, American Express, Santander, Cuallix, The Central Banks, MGI, WU, etc etc etc). Look at the 61 banks trialing xCurrent right now. and to me, it's the same thing. It's like wow, all this thing needs is to flip a switch, and boom. $$

I mean it's easy to poo poo block chain and to argue that the entire worlds financial system isn't going to migrate over to the software of some San Francisco start up. But the reality is in the financial backing this company has, the partners that are already committed, and the customers that are already using the technology.

There are lots of digital assets on the market place with neat ideas that aren't being used by anyone at all. That isn't the case with XRP.

3 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

1 minute ago, RegalChicken said:

I mean it's easy to poo poo block chain and to argue that the entire worlds financial system isn't going to migrate over to the software of some San Francisco start up. But the reality is in the financial backing this company has, the partners that are already committed, and the customers that are already using the technology.

There are lots of digital assets on the market place with neat ideas that aren't being used by anyone at all. That isn't the case with XRP.

Thank you..I knew I could count on you haha. 

8 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

...it's just a matter of my mind contemplating where that influx of cash will come from, initially. 

Well, to know that we should look for the answers in our dreams. ;)

Edited by Stedas

Just now, RegalChicken said:

I think where my mind goes, is questioning where the money will come from and trying to understand that. It's not as though the facts aren't there in front of us/me.

The great part about bid/ask and settlement utility is that price will not really affect the customers usage.  Whether its $1 or $1,000 per unit the user will still send the same intended value.  There is no, "XRP is too expensive to use" argument here.  The more volume the higher the price and the less you have to send! With instantaneous settlement you are not really buying the asset for speculation and thus the only friction point is the droplets burned for the transaction.  The only cap on price is the volume that will be settled or transferred which could be exponentially greater with each new use case.

8 minutes ago, Volpino said:

Ignore. Even if you could make compelling arguments, why bother? People like that don't want to be convinced, they want to ***** and moan to make everyone as miserable as they are.

Don't let random people influence your state of mind. 

8 minutes ago, John_Buh said:

Don't be shy now - you make sure you put together a list of acceptable phrases and topics and we'll be sure to follow that to the letter.

Well that was not my point... Anyone who has been following this thread / other topics during the few last days can hopefully agree that the following terms are heavily trending and has no whatsoever constructive purpose...

Therefore I personally would like to ignore posts based on keywords instead of users... It was meant to be a joke, to light up the atmosphere. Trying to contribute to the general sentiment in a positive way, you should try it sometimes it's nice change for neverending bearish BS that one likes to contribute ;) ?

11 minutes ago, Volpino said:

That's a tough one.  I would say have a compelling list of arguments ready.  Don't use too much jargon and whatever you do, don't resort to TA.

2 minutes ago, Benchmark said:

Ignore. Even if you could make compelling arguments, why bother? People like that don't want to be convinced, they want to ***** and moan to make everyone as miserable as they are.

I just want people to see XRP and Ripple for what they are worth. I don't care what they think of me and how I handle my money and investments. But I do care about the public view on Ripple's team and XRP...probably is best to ignore at times tho. Especially when people are just trying to argue I guess.

7 minutes ago, Volpino said:

It could fail and it could also surpass our own wild expectations.  If you are only putting in what you can risk to lose then you are making an investment based on the knowledge and information you have acquired.  This could very well turn out to be a waste of money, but so are lottery tickets, and I bet everyone you know has pumped thousands into them during their lifetime.  Ignore them and be humble and gracious with your success if it comes.

3 minutes ago, Benchmark said:

there is a lot of truth to that too. When I told people what I held back in November I was told to sell now, while it's still profitable. I held. By Christmas I remember having a discussion about it with a distant relative and he said it won't go anywhere. a week later my holdings were up from $.20ea to $3.50ea.  I didn't say anything about it though, and I'm a little glad I didn't because even though I'm still green over all, people who don't understand could use the january dip as an argument to support their stance.

Although my lady always asks, are you buying more??? whenever it drops. #HODL'ingTheGirl