eddiebrock

Zerpening Part 2: The Sequel

2 minutes ago, ReformedEquityTrader said:

Volume analysis is tougher in crypto because retail money is the majority, not the minority.

So a steady price and low volume is not the setup for a fall that it is in equities.  At least not necessarily.  It could just mean that the public has lost interest temporarily because they are chasing other things like Litecoin.

Or a whale could come in at any point....

My guess is on the former and that as a few bots play the technical bounce, you'll see Asia take notice and the volume will become self reinforcing, at least until a whale takes some profits and knocks us back.

If the whole cycle lasts long enough for SBI to gain traction, all bets are off re: volume.  We'll be in a different paradigm.

I Definitely agree. But the current priceline along with a lower volume tells me right now that the hodlers of XRP are the majority. I think that people are starting to move in for the long term is what i'm saying and we will see low volumes in the future once it matures

2 minutes ago, Old-Gregg said:

FINALLY the first paragraph is the most honest thing i've read about XRP not posted by a proponent of ripple. " Its blockchain-based services try to make money transfers cheaper, offer cross-market liquidity, and transition banks and other service providers to the XRP asset. " Thats great. Once we can get people to understand the value of XRP in the network then we will start to see success

Yeah we need that understanding and promotion of XRP's use case to succeed

4 hours ago, jcdenton said:

The stuff the Artemis guy puts out there is intensely interesting. I spent all Sunday reading his publications. 

Understandable for the layperson as well. He's good at finding metaphors to explain very complex concepts. 

When I grew up, I thought finance was boring. Coming around on that view, but boy I have a lot of catching up to do. 

Capture.PNG.36cfbb3e11f44e3e6921ac25db390cfb.PNG

They are fantastic aren't they???

I'm happy you took a look.

You know, I find it amazing, that 50/50 long vola + equity portfolio... it outperforms sooo nicely. Here it holds true, that the sum of both is better than each component. You CANNOT say that about a standard equity+bond portfolio.

Equity-Bond-Diversification is nonsense. And Artemis show exactly why.

Again, I'm really happy that you took a look and found it useful. Please also read the four parts on Safe Heaven Investing from Mark Spitznagel at Universe Investments.

52 minutes ago, mariusthegreat said:

I held out too long, I too was waiting for the price to drop further... Dammit

Does look like XRP is turning a corner

Same here. But will never give in, hodl till your last breath.

0F766CD0-E5F4-4B04-A37E-14DFE6E2F657.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Volpino said:

I have a group chat with a couple friends irl who own XRP and one of them just sent screenshots of our conversation when we broke $3 on US exchanges....brought a tear to my eye:dash1:

I reflected on that as well reviewing my screenshot convos. Except mine was even sadder because it was from my AA sponsor who fired me soon after the jump:dthinking::(

25 minutes ago, teddybear said:

You know, I find it amazing, that 50/50 long vola + equity portfolio... it outperforms sooo nicely. Here it holds true, that the sum of both is better than each component. You CANNOT say that about a standard equity+bond portfolio.

Again, I'm really happy that you took a look and found it useful. Please also read the four parts on Safe Heaven Investing from Mark Spitznagel at Universe Investments.

Sorry if I missed it, but is there a link to this information?  

37 minutes ago, Old-Gregg said:

I Definitely agree. But the current priceline along with a lower volume tells me right now that the hodlers of XRP are the majority. I think that people are starting to move in for the long term is what i'm saying and we will see low volumes in the future once it matures

It would be amazing to have estimate how much xrpchat user are hodling from the total available supply, which is another unknown factor ?

6 minutes ago, Zerp_Legend said:

That would be cool too know :D.

I must say I was feeling like a king during the december bull run, I regularly gave 20-30% tips to the waitress / hairdresser. I didnt mind, they looked happy.

Yay, im from sweden so thats makes me glad :)

1 hour ago, John_Buh said:

$10?  by that time they will have the flying cars available.

hmmmmm , you're the only bear i really like being around in this community , maybe thats because bear's skin cant hide the beautifully colored feathers of a completely bullish parrot

45 minutes ago, teddybear said:

Thanks a lot for mentioning it in the first place. This stuff is likep orn for the brain. A massive IQ meets worldly common sense and I get to read the result. 

Wildly off topic, but this is a quality of thought that reminds me of Chesterton. I don't love his writing because I have any interest in 19th century Christian Apologetia at all, I love it because the writer is a genius and it shows on every page. Guy is running circles around his peers. 

"Orthodoxy" is free online or download on Kindle for better formatting. Offering you this as a thank you on the off chance that you like it as well. And here's a cool profile of the guy

I'll make sure to do Spitznagel next weekend. 

Edited by jcdenton