eddiebrock

Zerpening Part 2: The Sequel

1 minute ago, xSODAx said:

Goldman Sachs Backed Circle Acquires Poloniex Cryptocurrency Exchange

https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/02/26/goldman-sachs-backed-circle-acquires-poloniex-crypto-exchange/

and now big money comes in. 2018 will be the year of wall street in Crypto. 

19 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

and now big money comes in. 2018 will be the year of wall street in Crypto.

Think Goldman is opening a trading desk this summer.  The Circle news is good but I don't see this as a direct channel to Wall Street funds quite yet.  Brad said timeline for institutional investment is still a ways away at the Yahoo conference and stated 6-18 months as a realistic time frame.

4 minutes ago, xSODAx said:

Last sentence: The acquisition will put Circle in direct competition with Coinbase which has essentially monopolized on crypto in the US over the past year.

Think the Baidu involvement is the most interesting part as they have a strategic partnership with PayPal.

PayPal has continued its strategy of expanding its presence on mobile after it revealeda tie-up with Baidu. The arrangement will allow the Chinese firm’s 100 million mobile wallet users to make payments to PayPal’s 17 million merchants through the Baidu service.

The news is the latest in a series of recent partnerships from PayPal, which this month expanded its integration with Apple and become a payment option with Samsung Pay. PayPal also inked extended agreements with Citi and Chase, added instant bank transfers, and made it easier for its merchants to sell worldwide.

“Important strategic partnerships are broadening the relevance of PayPal’s platform and increasing PayPal’s addressable market,” the firm said in a filing for its latest financial results.

6 minutes ago, John_Buh said:

The window of opportunity for Coinbase is beginning to close.

For me it is closed. I wont be able to use coinbase anymore to instantly buy dips. They say my bank is declining the transactions). It happened this weekend.

one is TD Bank CAnada and the other is Visa Desjardins. Both are now declining coinbase transactions. 

:( thats OK. I have to stop spending on XRP anyway lol. I was close to reaching my 5K Zerps objective though. but I'll settle with what I have for now. Who knows... we could have more good news and the price may drop to 0.45 cents or something. Damned good news....