eddiebrock

Zerpening Part 2: The Sequel

1 hour ago, teddybear said:

That's interesting. Same here, will let approx 30% of my XRP stash run until, as you said, it goes intergalactic. Real Estate is on my agenda, too. I'd like to use it to generate a steady cash flow to finance my normal expenses. I guess they will be around $25k per month (yes, per month. I live in Switzerland and do already consider private schools for when I have kids one day. Think of 2k per child per month).

25k are around 8 rental properties at 3k per month, so, as I have to assume a net of interest, after tax return of 2% p.a., the whole portfolio should be around 15 million. I plan on using some leverage, like 60% own capital, the rest financed through mortgages. Makes 10 mio net own cash invested. Already have a good property management contact.

What RE are you into? Do you consider doing some junk property? Some worn down student housing is a great rental property, because the return is great and nobody complains about the quality, because they know it's trash. Let me know your thoughts.

The other proceeds I will place with alternative investments, two managers are on my Radar: Universa Investments LP and Artemis Capital Management LP. They provide fantastic returns. Outperformance vs S&P500, both in terms of relative performance and in terms of risk adjusted performance.

Anything else I might go boring and just have cash plus some small opportunistic bets here and there, if any

remind me never to let any of my kids rent a student property if I see your name on the Lease Agreement.  It's Landlords like this that give the genuine ones a bad name. 

2 minutes ago, CryptoOwl said:

So basically we would need banks, merchants and POS / payment terminal providers to give their support? There's no need to ask from MC/Visa how they would feels about it ?

If a whole bunch of Banks issue a "Ripplecard" and the merchants agree to accept it, yes.

Maybe SBI might do something like that. Who knows!

2 minutes ago, bachmama said:

si.gif

The number of hours I have wasted on that thing is only dwarfed by what I am currently spending on XRP Chat :D

1 minute ago, xrp-pat said:

Where did that gif come from?

Space. To Invade us.

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

remind me never to let any of my kids rent a student property if I see your name on the Lease Agreement.  It's Landlords like this that give the genuine ones a bad name. 

Well, one just plays the game. Sorry, that's how it is. I can play the moral guy and offer the best and nicest apartments to students at zero profit, but frankly, I prefer asking the more uncomfortable question of why governments consider obscene spending on stupidities like the war on drugs/terror or like spending on an inefficient healthcare system more important than investing in the very future, that is the intellectual minds of its young children.

So yes, hate me and my thinking, but if can make money somewhere, I'll go for the opportunity. Sure I have a moral red flag too, but it doesn't light up when providing cheap garbage-tier shelter. Before you point fingers at me, better look at your pension fund's portfolio and ask yourself if there are not morally hard-to-defend positions in there which finance your future.

It could be Ripple, Tripple, Dipple, or tomato juice. I'm in for the money.

Just now, teddybear said:

Well, one just plays the game. Sorry, that's how it is. I can play the moral guy and offer the best and nicest apartments to students at zero profit, but frankly, I prefer asking the more uncomfortable question of why governments consider obscene spending on stupidities like the war on drugs/terror or like spending on an inefficient healthcare system more important than investing in the very future, that is the intellectual minds of its young children.

So yes, hate me and my thinking, but if can make money somewhere, I'll go for the opportunity. Sure I have a moral red flag too, but it doesn't light up when providing cheap garbage-tier shelter. Before you point fingers at me, better look at your pension fund's portfolio and ask yourself if there are not morally hard-to-defend positions in there which finance your future.

BS teddy - I would have gotten my ears boxed when I was young by offering my old man the excuse that the other kids were doing it - that's why I tossed a rock through the window.

Don't get your feathers ruffled - you put that original note out there thinking it would get winks and attaboys.  I think you have better potential than that in you.

7 minutes ago, teddybear said:

Are you from Swiss? Because thats exactly how I imagine you guys :D. No offence though, everybody can do as he likes :), and you are right about many things

Edited by Zerp_Legend

Just now, John_Buh said:

BS teddy - I would have gotten my ears boxed when I was young by offering my old man the excuse that the other kids were doing it - that's why I tossed a rock through the window.

Don't get your feathers ruffled - you put that original note out there thinking it would get winks and attaboys.  I think you have better potential than that in you.

Thanks for the confidence in me. I appreciate it. 

I'd have to quit my job though if I were to stick to morals and what I could do best with my potential. But, ah... I like the fat paycheck every month much more that the overdrawn credit card I used to live with when I was cooking delicious food for other people. So there you have it. Money is a factor for me.