eddiebrock

Zerpening Part 2: The Sequel

1 hour ago, Snoopy said:

Sorry, wasn't a key date for the market, just for me.  I absolutely am a true believer of our zerps, and WANTED to buy at the insane lows of February, but kept banging my head against the wall because I just did NOT have the money and am only paid once a month at the end of the month since I'm considered a "contract employee".

I am happy to report that because of the low prices my kangaroo dreams are closer to becoming a reality...  When I had been planning I had been thinking I would have to make this last big purchase at prices closer to $1.80'ish... and I would have to cash out at $800.  My cash out point is now $400 to $500 (being fair I also trimmed some of my frivolous purchases). 

For those of you that don't know / remember the kangaroo dream is this...

Buy a property where I am able to have a building there to be used as a women's shelter - even if I am only able to help out 2 to 3 families that would be enough for me.

On the property even if it is only run out of a trailer have a few horses, a pet kangaroo, an alpaca, and a camel.  From there hire some Occupational / Physical therapists and do equine therapy for kids with autism / kids with sensory / other special needs.  The alpaca and camel would also be great for them for sensory needs.  Because everything would be paid for I wouldn't care about making a single cent.  All I would charge would be enough to cover the costs for paying the therapists, insurance, and care of the animals - and since the costs would be lower that would also allow more kids to be able to get the help they need.  

To top it all off the whole facility would be named after my brother who died from ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) / Cancer.

Thank-you to everyone for your advice, for your help, and support... for any of the whales that I begged to get the price low THANK-YOU... but now.... when moon?

Top top man, all the best mate :)

1 minute ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Since XRP is stabilizing ( haha!) and everything else is already said for a 1000 times, I have a question for you all.

In which extend is your mood coupled to XRP’s price? 

Asking this question because in the very first months the relation between my mood and XRP’s price was almost lineair. Price 1 cent up? Good mood. With 5 cents; best mood! Few cents down? The dog had better stay in his corner.....

But lately I just laugh when there is a big dip. This could mean that my mental health is worrying or.......that my trust in Ripple is (way too?) big, so big that my mood is decoupled from XRP. 

And yours? 

Getting used to something is our strongest speciality as a species. So it's completely normal to get used to these ups and downs, rocketting and dipping. Like I said, I feel a little sad when it goes down but not so much. I don't know how I will feel when we pass $5 or $10; I think I will be screaming and running around in the house like a crazy chicken. For now, it's just an addictive feeling that I cannot name.

7 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Since XRP is stabilizing ( haha!) and everything else is already said for a 1000 times, I have a question for you all.

In which extend is your mood coupled to XRP’s price? 

Asking this question because in the very first months the relation between my mood and XRP’s price was almost lineair. Price 1 cent up? Good mood. With 5 cents; best mood! Few cents down? The dog had better stay in his corner.....

But lately I just laugh when there is a big dip. This could mean that my mental health is worrying or.......that my trust in Ripple is (way too?) big, so big that my mood is decoupled from XRP. 

And yours? 

The money I invested in XRP has been out of my bank account for so long that I just consider it lost. Thus, the dips don't really register. It feels like,

"Yeah, it sucks I lost xxxxxx amount of money last summer on a bad hand in Blackjack. But that was last summer, so who cares?"

I guess that's the benefit of investing only what I could afford to lose, and getting in relatively early.

Edited by DanB

24 minutes ago, Helleaven said:

Never been there but visiting Hallstatt is on my bucketlist.

Hallstatt is brilliant. Go there in peak winter.

its like a fairy tale.

3 minutes ago, DanB said:

and getting in relatively early.

This is an important factor. I’m still in the green with an avg of €0.20. Got my investment back when it hits €2.50. So this is “play money” ( but I have big dreams with it and gives me hope for the future. Its not “just an investment” for me!).

Kudos for those who are at a (virtual) loss atm and still joking around on this forum. But I said it 100 times already: $ 40 june, $ 100 december 2018.  I know, I know, you’re not the first calling me a pessimist! 

7 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

This is an important factor. I’m still in the green with an avg of €0.20. Got my investment back when it hits €2.50. So this is “play money” ( but I have big dreams with it and gives me hope for the future. Its not “just an investment” for me!).

Kudos for those who are at a (virtual) loss atm and still joking around on this forum. But I said it 100 times already: $ 40 june, $ 100 december 2018.  I know, I know, you’re not the first calling me a pessimist! 

4UNiAUxU-picsay.jpg

Edited by CryptoOwl

5 minutes ago, NewtonsOyster said:

True, it is still on the cold side here in blighty.

I can't be doing with all this stressing over the price drop. It will all come right in the end. I was in the red for six months last year after I first bought XRP and I hodled through it. Patience is a virtue as they say.

We run watersports in Wales....and yeah, sea temps on the low side but THAT wind - The Beast from the East. Blimey, it'd cut you in half!

Ouch.....6mths? That must have been a tad demoralising!
Yeah, price drop = buying opportunity if one's lucky enough to have sidelined some fiats. :)

1 hour ago, NewtonsOyster said:

If you're going with The Waterboys surely it has to be this?

Beautiful song.  "I saw the rain dirty valley, You saw Brigadoon"  (Brigadoon is a mythical village that appears only once in a hundred years )

Our' XRP is that once in a century opportunity we're all into:)

Edited by DutchTom
typo