https://www.forbes.com/sites/cbovaird/2018/01/26/ripple-drops-more-than-30-in-a-week-as-hype-fades/#523a1c0551fd

While Ripple announced new partnerships on Wednesday, January 24, markets did not react, meaning that the positive news did not provoke any significant change in price.

Charles Thorngren, CEO of Noble Alternative Investments, described this as a "tell tale sign of sentimental trading." 

"Any other coin would have surged on the news of Partnerships," he emphasized, adding that "XRP is making international payments and foreign exchange transactions easy and at a discount on its XRapid platform." 

"There are still a lot of quasi believers in XRP and this price fluctuation is a prime example of that," he added.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/cbovaird/2018/01/26/ripple-drops-more-than-30-in-a-week-as-hype-fades/#523a1c0551fd
While Ripple announced new partnerships on Wednesday, January 24, markets did not react, meaning that the positive news did not provoke any significant change in price.
Charles Thorngren, CEO of Noble Alternative Investments, described this as a "tell tale sign of sentimental trading." 
"Any other coin would have surged on the news of Partnerships," he emphasized, adding that "XRP is making international payments and foreign exchange transactions easy and at a discount on its XRapid platform." 
"There are still a lot of quasi believers in XRP and this price fluctuation is a prime example of that," he added.

Exactly....finally, someone else who can see through the noise.

7 minutes ago, xh3b4sd said:

I am not sure what he means. 

He means, the retail investors with "Large Holdings of XRP" i.e Whales are in for the short term profits(Cant blame them if they have been holding for over a year), and arnt really looking at the bigger picture (Or perhaps are trading wisely at market highs and indirectly moving markets for correction), in time with institutional money at play will make partnership announcements market reckoning event for XRP.

Ripple's Bright Future

Regardless of what XRP does in the short-term, several analysts were optimistic about Ripple's future in the long-term.

"I still believe Ripple has a strong future among mainstream traders who take investment cues" from major media outlets, said Jeff Koyen, CEO of 360 Blockchain USA. 

"Ripple continues to increase it platform use and that will add value to coin," stated Thorngren. "With Ripple being the fastest and most cost efficient of the digital platforms it is no wonder why MoneyGram, IDT Corp and Mercury FX have aligned themselves here." 

As a result of all this, "Serious Investors should take advantage of the prices here while they can," stated Thorngren. 

Ripple is so going to destroy other useless tokens long term it's just ridiculous not even the same league.

I think the writer means that the current holders of XRP are longterm holders and have no reason to buy if they have stocked up at .17. There is no reason to push a bull move at every news announcement, especially when they have been so anti-climactic in the first place. I think there needs to be a whole new population of investors into this space and only an extremely huge piece of news announcing a partnership with Amazon or Uber or any other thing that relates XRP to daily life will bring them in. IMO only ... did not consult a lawyer before typing.  :D

I wonder if this means we're headed below a dollar again short term, great opp to buy.  I did find it weird though that we haven't gotten a little bump from all the good news.  It just goes to show you how different this is compared to stocks.  It's unfortunate the whales can really F things up.

"XRP will continue to float between $1-$2 until they deliver earth shaking news," stated Garcon. 

What's earth shaking news then?

A big bank? Bank of England?

Big company? Amazon?

Edited by Guest

well we're following btc price, I believe we went down too hard too fast, we'll have a huge rebound and it's hard to time it but easy to miss it (if you're a day trader I mean)

Edited by kenrino

9 minutes ago, Trusty86 said:

"XRP will continue to float between $1-$2 until they deliver earth shaking news," stated Garcon. 

What's earth shaking news then?

A big bank? Bank of England?

Big company? Amazon?

Like an earthquake

?