Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KarmaCoverage

Should there be a specific thread for Regulation?

10 posts in this topic

You cant have Finance without Laws & Regulation. I think one of the things which Ripple has spearheaded is communication with regulators on the subject of Distributed Ledgers. 

Regulation could be a new category like: General, Technical, & Regulation. or maybe Regulation should fall under Technical, just legal  technical instead of technology technical. Someplace to compile links and track the advancements in the regulatory world.

I ran into this article. http://www.coindesk.com/22-us-senators-policy-blockchain-tech/ It is good to see that the subject is getting attention across multiple branches of the govt, although they really need to move faster.  

Here is the actual senate letter which the article is about. https://www.scribd.com/document/319633723/Fintech-Letter-2016-07-21#from_embed?keyword=4417&content=10079&ad_group=Online+Tracking+Link&campaign=Skimbit%2C+Ltd.&source=impactradius&medium=affiliate&irgwc=1

tomxcs, Hodor, MundoXRP and 2 others like this

I agree with the idea presented by the thread title - a specific thread for regulation would help build the community. 

While people shouldn't look to the internet for legal advice and guidance, we are all from different countries, and can share what we know.  If some of the information is incorrect, then so be it, but it's often better than an XRP trader doing things "in the dark" from knowledge of tax or other regulatory information. 

This placement seems to make sense to me as well:

19 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

Regulation could be a new category like: General, Technical, & Regulation. or maybe Regulation should fall under Technical, just legal  technical instead of technology technical. Someplace to compile links and track the advancements in the regulatory world.

Global and xudiannan like this

I think regulation applies to the everything in the crypto scene, not just Ripple, so we could have a sub-forum under "More". But do we actually need a whole sub-forum, or just a thread (i.e. topic)?

Edited by karlos

Hodor likes this

I think there are various perspectives to look at Regulation from.

• There is the perspective of Ripple Inc, running/building a Protocol
    • There could be sub categories here for various types of branch operators. (like KarmaCoverage would need to start up a dedicated ledger, and Connector back to main RCL)
  • There is the perspective of a Gateway, or whatever that role is called now.
    • There could be sub categories here also, Bank, Wallet operator, trading service
  • There is the perspective of consumer/investors, which involves some tax questions also.

20 hours ago, karlos said:

I think regulation applies to the everything in the crypto scene, not just Ripple, so we could have a sub-forum under "More". But do we actually need a whole sub-forum, or just a thread (i.e. topic)?

I was thinking sub-forum, containing many threads with specific, targeted topics.  I prefer it under technical as stated by @KarmaCoverage, but I'm not stuck on that point - it could be in any of the major forums as long as it's on the home page somewhere. 

Maybe @KarmaCoverage or @rippledigital can weigh in on if they have a preference for where the sub-forum would be. 

Edited by Hodor

On 4 August 2016 at 1:47 AM, KarmaCoverage said:

I think this is a really good idea, I've added a new sub-forum under Technical :good:

Hodor, tomxcs and rippledigital like this

15 hours ago, karlos said:

I think this is a really good idea, I've added a new sub-forum under Technical

Thanks Karlos!