lyrkacom

My experience and thoughts from selling XRP coins on EBAY...BEWARE!

On 1/25/2018 at 11:03 AM, pucksterpete said:

screw paypal

I screwed them with my emails and i WON both cases!  They are not safe and it seems that they can be hacked but they are the only ones getting hurt, if someone fights for his money.

On 1/25/2018 at 11:23 AM, tulo said:

Paypal is the worst service in the history. They should burn in hell.

If they get accounts hacked, it's either the user's fault or Paypal's fault, so I don't see why the seller has to pay. I did the same a few years ago, my account went negative of -500€ and I never paid them. They hired a guy who was blackmailing me to get the money but I didn't care. They never sent official documentation asking for money, so they can't for the law ask them back. After a while the guy stopped blackmailing me, and I opened another account. Fu*k paypal.

Read my email and how i wrote it!  I had cases through the last years with a variety of things and if you fight them and you are right, you will get your money back.

On 1/25/2018 at 11:43 AM, will4star said:

DO NOT sell any crypto currency on eBay via PayPal!!!

If you read PayPal's terms and conditions it clearly states that seller protection applies to many things, but NOT to intangible forms of currency , digital money, or anything that represents money such as vouchers. It doesn't say crypto currency specifically, but it would most definitely fit this description. 

So, if you choose to sell on eBay for payment via PayPal, be aware that 1. You are not protected as a seller,so not entitled to a refund, and 2. There are hundreds of hackers, criminals, and cheats out there who have many stolen accounts (phishing), looking to fleece people like just you. 

So be aware, or better still, stay away.

I know they say this but at the same time they offer the category virtual currency, mining contracts so in this case they should know about a category and how it works.

Hacked accounts is ebay and paypal problem so they cannot play smart with me or anyone when something goes wrong to act irresponsibly! 

It's worth a bit of risk, fight with them as the coins can be sold higher than the market.

In my opinion this creates a bigger fuss around coins.

If you see now on ebay.com and search ripple you will see a lot of listings!  

7 minutes ago, marousi said:

I bought all my xrp from bittrex.

I got this from bittrex!

Dear new users:

We have received an enormous number of new account registrations over the past few weeks.  We are excited to have so many new users who want to join the Bittrex community.  Unfortunately, we have to make a few upgrades to our support and backend systems to handle the increased traffic and load.  As such, we have halted new user registrations for the time being.  If you already have an account on Bittrex, you will not be affected by this change.  Please continue to the log in as you normally do.

To our new users, we will keep you posted on when we open up registration.  We apologize for the inconvenience!

The Bittrex Team

PS. I saw this message on another 2 websites. Someone create a website so that people can buy coins!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, marousi said:

There is so much interest in crypto now that the exchanges are drowning in new registrations.

True and this is why ebay purchases rise!

3 hours ago, lyrkacom said:

I know they say this but at the same time they offer the category virtual currency, mining contracts so in this case they should know about a category and how it works.

Hacked accounts is ebay and paypal problem so they cannot play smart with me or anyone when something goes wrong to act irresponsibly! 

It's worth a bit of risk, fight with them as the coins can be sold higher than the market.

In my opinion this creates a bigger fuss around coins.

If you see now on ebay.com and search ripple you will see a lot of listings!  

But there's an important difference between letting people sell something, and covering them for any losses/fraud. Even if yuou can sell something under a proper heading, that doesn't mean you are legally protected as a seller, or entitled to compensation. That's why Terms and Conditions exist, and it's important to read them rather than just assuming something.

But by all means, take it up with PayPal and fight the good fight.

P.S. I know this because I sold ~250 xrp a while ago on eBay -- But I checked all the destination addresses provided (many of which had really dodgy activity, or were even duplicates!), and the T's and C's to see if I was covered (which I wasn't). I had about 12 purchases that were later recalled due to being from stolen accounts, but fortunately didn't send any XRP till I was sure. Only 1 purchase was legit. It seems like a place identity thieves and hackers go to skim up free crypto from unsuspecting sellers - Even if it is a quick and 'easy' way to sell XRP for your native fiat, my advice is to stay away. It's not worth the fuss, or the risk of getting caught out.

@marousi - did you accept payment by PayPal? And what was the public address they sent you for the XRP? (Did you check it first?)

Edited by will4star