lyrkacom

My experience and thoughts from selling XRP coins on EBAY...BEWARE!

9 minutes ago, marousi said:

So what?

So what? People used to help eachother around here. I am just pointing out that if you want to sell through ebay (which i do not recommend at all), always check the address where you should send the funds to. 

If it is activated by https://bithomp.com/explorer/r9LFPRCT4jRHqeHcgiRGjGMHWkA76nE4Fb, do not sent!

But anyways, thanks for your great reply and help in building this community. Now i get why a lot of the oldtimers do not come here anymore.

Paypal is the worst service in the history. They should burn in hell.

If they get accounts hacked, it's either the user's fault or Paypal's fault, so I don't see why the seller has to pay. I did the same a few years ago, my account went negative of -500€ and I never paid them. They hired a guy who was blackmailing me to get the money but I didn't care. They never sent official documentation asking for money, so they can't for the law ask them back. After a while the guy stopped blackmailing me, and I opened another account. Fu*k paypal.

DO NOT sell any crypto currency on eBay via PayPal!!!

If you read PayPal's terms and conditions it clearly states that seller protection applies to many things, but NOT to intangible forms of currency , digital money, or anything that represents money such as vouchers. It doesn't say crypto currency specifically, but it would most definitely fit this description. 

So, if you choose to sell on eBay for payment via PayPal, be aware that 1. You are not protected as a seller,so not entitled to a refund, and 2. There are hundreds of hackers, criminals, and cheats out there who have many stolen accounts (phishing), looking to fleece people like just you. 

So be aware, or better still, stay away.

Just now, HenryHole said:

@John_Buh - Any names you know of to avoid in the Financial Press (Columnists or News Sites)

Well, don't avoid any of them at first - gives you some solid grounding for separating the wheat from the chaff.

6 hours ago, John_Buh said:

Very sound advice. Especially the research.  I am not a fan of Twitter at all, it is pure emotion.

I agree, but I divide resources into those that are appropriate for:

• Day traders  (Twitter / Discord / Exchange Charts)
  • Swing traders (Reddit / XRPChat / Quorra / Official Ripple Twitter Account(s))
  • Long-term investors (XRPChat / Official Ripple Website collateral / Quorra / Podcasts - Interviews / Bloggers / Reddit / books)

Of course, my favorite are resources for the LT investors, because I like to read and really absorb things. 

On 1/25/2018 at 10:02 AM, Kiir said:

I'll admit I haven't read the post cause I'm actually curious why would one buy/sell coins on ebay or anywhere else other than on exchanges :JC_thinking:

The reason is that it is easier for people to purchase coins to either activate their wallet or either because is a long waiting procedure to be approved in some market places or because in some countries websites like coinspot.com is offered only for Australians!

On 1/25/2018 at 10:02 AM, Fleshmeister said:

Just don't, sketchy people selling and sketchy people buying. What did you expect?

I won both cases btw. There are sketchy people but in my case i also bought coins from ebay and i was not sketchy!

On 1/25/2018 at 10:25 AM, Benchmark said:

Why all this shady stuff on Ebay though?

I would never even consider buying or selling cryptos on anything but a well-known exchange. Maybe that wasn't so easy 3 years ago but now it is.

So where do you buy your coins from?

On 1/25/2018 at 11:01 AM, smoothy said:

So what? People used to help eachother around here. I am just pointing out that if you want to sell through ebay (which i do not recommend at all), always check the address where you should send the funds to. 

If it is activated by https://bithomp.com/explorer/r9LFPRCT4jRHqeHcgiRGjGMHWkA76nE4Fb, do not sent!

But anyways, thanks for your great reply and help in building this community. Now i get why a lot of the oldtimers do not come here anymore.

You are right!  That wallet seems to be a hacker.  In this case shouldn't ripple as a company offers investigation in case a lot of parties / websites / people file a claim for that wallet? There should be some sort of control?!