Coinsquare Crypto Exchange Eyes $120 Million IPO in Canada

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-24/coinsquare-crypto-exchange-eyes-120-million-ipo-in-canada

They're adding Ripple...also a quote from the article. 

“We believe that we will be a strong competitor to Coinbase and other exchanges in the U.S. by the end of the year.”

Sweet. 

Edited by Hodlezerper
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-24/coinsquare-crypto-exchange-eyes-120-million-ipo-in-canada They're adding Ripple...also a quote from the article.  “We believe that we will

A very interesting part is these guys will be listed on the stock market. They decided to go the IPO route not the RTO route...IPO is wayyy more costly, yet much much more compliant This exchange

Finally some legitimate competition.  Even more importantly, if they are a publicly traded Canadian company it makes them all the more legitimate from a funds transfer standpoint. They will obvio

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-24/coinsquare-crypto-exchange-eyes-120-million-ipo-in-canada
They're adding Ripple...also a quote from the article. 
“We believe that we will be a strong competitor to Coinbase and other exchanges in the U.S. by the end of the year.”
Sweet. 
Additions to any exchange that can operate in the States will be a big plus....looking forward to seeing this happen.

The Toronto-based crypto exchange also plans to offer Ripple, one of 2017’s best-performing cryptocurrencies, starting in February on its platform and “will be launching one digital currency per month for the foreseeable future,” Diamond said. At present, it supports trading of Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Dash and Squarecoin. 

Ripple's XRP will be listed in February, hooray.  Expect expansion to the UK and US in 2Q and big competition to Coinbase and other exchanges by the end of year following IPO via TSE ...

A very interesting part is these guys will be listed on the stock market. They decided to go the IPO route not the RTO route...IPO is wayyy more costly, yet much much more compliant

This exchange could end up being the Coinbase-killer we all desperately want. They’re adding US and UK trading by Q2 2018. Even more awesome.

This is definitely going to light a fire under Coinbase to add XRP before CoinSquare goes operational. 

Recap: We’re winning no matter what!

Edited by Atomic1221

Coinbase will add XRP they have no choice other exchanges will trounce them if they don't.. I'm not holding my breathe but I would not be surprised to see the fidget spinner on there soon.  If they don't who else will they have to blame for the market share they are positioning themselves to loose.

Finally some legitimate competition. 

Even more importantly, if they are a publicly traded Canadian company it makes them all the more legitimate from a funds transfer standpoint. They will obviously comply with all of the complex KYC/AML and may very well be a viable bet from crypto to fiat bank transfers. 

I think this, if it goes through, is a bigger deal than meets the eye. 

I think Canada is a dark horse coming up fast. Here in oilsands i know for a fact Chinese are scouting to move huge btc mining ops. Cold climate and extremely cheap electrical. All oilsands projects generate there own power. CNOOC had huge presence here with Nexen. Let China close its miners. RBC,CIBC And ATB Alberta Treasury Branches were the first on the XRP express!!!!

1 hour ago, Hodlezerper said:

Even more importantly, if they are a publicly traded Canadian company it makes them all the more legitimate from a funds transfer standpoint. They will obviously comply with all of the complex KYC/AML and may very well be a viable bet from crypto to fiat bank transfers. 

You can convert and withdrawal upto $300,000 a day I believe. This is in CDN$ but once they establish in the US and UK I would think they would be able to convert to those base fiat as well €, £, $.   They are fully AML compliant and also offer cold storage of your CC. Not sure if there’s a minimum.  This is a professional Crypto exchange. 

1 hour ago, Kaidan said:

You can convert and withdrawal upto $300,000 a day I believe. This is in CDN$ but once they establish in the US and UK I would think they would be able to convert to those base fiat as well €, £, $.   They are fully AML compliant and also offer cold storage of your CC. Not sure if there’s a minimum.  This is a professional Crypto exchange. 

You're correct. You can withdraw 300k/day. The number of people here in Vancouver that are talking about and investing in xrp, or trying to, has increased immensely since Christmas. We will now have an xrp/cnd pairing. Awesome news! 

6 hours ago, Hodlezerper said:

^^^ This! 

Coinbase have had the run of the US and the Crypto Mobile space for too long. I agree regarding the size of the deal... We need more positive MSM surrounding Crypto and hopefully this can bring that to the fore in Canada