TheHoff

Transactions per second - Ripple´s own statistics

30 minutes ago, Baelish said:

My interpretation is that x/1500+ where x gives an estimate on how many TPS there are right now.

It's written kind of funky, but yes, that's my understanding as well.  Basically, that this is reflecting how much bandwidth is currently being used. 

As xRapid and other applications come online (and as XRP volume increases over time), we expect this number will increase. 

There are probably a lot of factors at play. One of them is that there are a lot of transactions that seem, at least to me, to be basically junk. With transaction fees so low, there's no real disincentive to submit lots of junk transactions, and people do. The legitimate volume is somewhat lost in that junk.

To get more useful numbers, you can limit yourself to just Payment transactions or OfferCreate transactions that crossed other offers. And then you can filter out Payment transactions that just seem to be moving assets for no particular reason (we used to see a lot of those, but not so much anymore). Our XRP Charts site and XRP site has metrics like that, and they're probably more useful than raw transaction volume.

5 minutes ago, XRPeteSampras said:

Wonder if we will see a significant increase in this raw TPS as Cuallix, MoneyGram, MercuryFX, and IDT really get rolling with their pilots.  Or are the pilots not going to move amounts that significant?

Would look more at changes in interexchange XRP payment volume than TPS to get a sense for payment company usage of xRapid.

3 hours ago, Sukrim said:

How many transactions do you imagine are done via xRapid per day?!

I imagine many will be done as we move from small number of users in pilot stage to many users in production. Regardless of the noisy data and inconsistent volume, we know where this is headed....

B2EFACFA-5444-4544-9B4B-AE092A1748F3.thumb.png.281d677044fb8632430c4a2f0caaebfd.png