Liquidating XRP When It's Time

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We cant even break out of $1.50 and you guys are planning for when and if it gets to $100? LMAO   Not trying to be offensive but come on guys. Put the crack pipe down for now.  This is a que

I am pretty much all in or nothing on my investment. My plan is to HODL till $100 (maybe $99 ) and re-evaluate. Maybe take out 50% I'm hoping to never take all my xrp out. I love them all too muc

I think as long you get up every morning and go to work you should dream a bit. Specially when you invest in crypto.It's a new world and it's crazy.Things can happen faster than we think.Enjoy the tri

I can't imagine this crypto space lasting for more than a few years so once XRP reaches $10 I will cash out most of it, retire, and trade my remaining XRP to accumulate more until everything dies. As the days go on, I continue to ponder on the idea that blockchain technology is, perhaps unknowingly, just the first step in a truly digital economy and that this is just the test phase. Everyone should remember that, at any point in time, governments around the world could come to a mutual agreement to shut down ALL of the crypto exchanges and website wallets. After which, they will then utilize this new technology to power future commerce and this whole crypto craze will just be a story we tell to younger generations. Call me a pessimist but the fact that average people like us are making this much stupid money is too good to be true so it will not be around much longer.

Edited by Toroth

Someone I know made tens of millions off Tron and he is still in the process of liquidating. Yes it  sucks watching your earnings shrink by one third (Tron dropped from 24 cents back to 8 cents) and then another 40% or so from Uncle Sam. Knowing the money was not yours to begin with helps a bit.

I'm not sure if the market would move much with people selling off at $100 - XRP will only get to $100 with adoption of Ripple's technology by FI's and they aren't using it because of XRP's unit value. I think only a small percentage would actually be held by private investors that would have actual motivation to sell.

My main concern about cashing out is the liquidity of the exchanges - at least here in Australia. But assuming if it did make it to $100, the exchanges will be much more liquid in the years to come.

38 minutes ago, Toroth said:

I can't imagine this crypto space lasting for more than a few years so once XRP reaches $10 I will cash out most of it, retire, and trade my remaining XRP to accumulate more until everything dies. As the days go on, I continue to ponder on the idea that blockchain technology is, perhaps unknowingly, just the first step in a truly digital economy and that this is just the test phase. Everyone should remember that, at any point in time, governments around the world could come to a mutual agreement to shut down ALL of the crypto exchanges and website wallets. After which, they will then utilize this new technology to power future commerce and this whole crypto craze will just be a story we tell to younger generations. Call me a pessimist but the fact that average people like us are making this much stupid money is too good to be true so it will not be around much longer.

Such free movement of wealth and capital is not something the ones in power like to see. I have been researching lots of ICOs lately and see what kind of dreams they are trying to sell. Most utilize Blockchain because it is away from governments restriction. You can transfer money among any two parties in the world in a secure manner, away from prying eyes of the big brothers and their protection fees. This is something those people will not allow.

41 minutes ago, Toroth said:

interesting  point..but is not more probable a regulated crypto instead of shut down all ?(if that is possible)

i think too that the the sistem don't like how average people make money that easy but if you consider yourself as an early investor that got in before regulations there is nothing wrong that also a "small fish" can take advantage from that,who are making the real money are not us..i also agree that thys period will not continue forever,but for now I think we are in the good place at the right moment and that's not bad! ;)

14 hours ago, alpha6164 said:

We cant even break out of $1.50 and you guys are planning for when and if it gets to $100? LMAO

Not trying to be offensive but come on guys. Put the crack pipe down for now.  This is a question that should be asked when XRP is $30+ and you ask about $100.  

This is like me asking and discussing what med school my kid should attend to when he is 14 monthls old lol

once it reaches $100 I would wait for $1000 which would be just around the corner really. Weak hands here at $100 I see

15 hours ago, alpha6164 said:

We cant even break out of $1.50 and you guys are planning for when and if it gets to $100? LMAO

Not trying to be offensive but come on guys. Put the crack pipe down for now.  This is a question that should be asked when XRP is $30+ and you ask about $100.  

This is like me asking and discussing what med school my kid should attend to when he is 14 monthls old lol

Fair enough, but it's fun to dream. Also you could replace $100 with any round number and repeat that plan depending on your goals, 10, 25, 50. The process could be the same.

It's an interesting point about crack pipes though. Normally I would agree, but serious people with a great deal of knowledge believe 100 is very possible. I've seen Hodor himself say that he will only start to cash out when XRP is well into 3 figures. Is he just a moonkid? Is he so blinded by bias that his expectations are off by many orders of magnitude? Of course large numbers of smart and informed people can be totally wrong, but to dismiss it as ridiculous talk just because it is far away and improbable seems premature to me. 

I think it is worth having plans in place for 5, 10, 30, 50, 100, and more price points. Why? Not because you necessarily expect it but because when the time comes the variables will look very different and suddenly you will not be thinking straight. I got into XRP at .24 and let me tell you, I was shocked by how easily and subtly my thoughts began to change when we went past 3 bucks. I realised then I needed to make a solid plan when I was sober, so I didn't make rash decisions if and when I got drunk. 

Finally, nothing wrong with pleasant fantasies in my opinion. As long as they don't direct your life and make you do stupid stuff like taking out a mortgage and credit cards and throwing it all into Dogecoin. :biggrin:

I remember reading a near identical thread years ago about what people were going to do once it hit $1. The exact same assumptions were made that everybody would likely be looking to sell/take profits at $1 and that $1 would be a psychological wall that would be tough to break.

As we saw in December, this was not the case. If we’re lucky enough to see $100, I don’t imagine it will be any more of a psychological, profit taking barrier than $1 was.

3 hours ago, Toroth said:

Everyone should remember that, at any point in time, governments around the world could come to a mutual agreement to shut down ALL of the crypto exchanges and website wallets.

No not gonna happen.It's not in government's interest to make you lose money. That's not how politics works. They will regulate to protect people from stupid decisions. So it`s the other way around actually. Rich people who do not understand the whole thing are the ones that would like to shut down everything.

10 minutes ago, minicuzzo said:

No not gonna happen.It's not in government's interest to make you lose money. That's not how politics works. They will regulate to protect people from stupid decisions. So it`s the other way around actually. Rich people who do not understand the whole thing are the ones that would like to shut down everything.

I think this is right. In Korea there has been huge anger at the government for introducing regulations (from investors) and joy from people who disapprove of it all as gambling. The government has done it to protect the economy, themselves, and people from doing stupid stuff. There may be other sinister motives too. Also, the Japanese seem to have no intentions at all of shutting this thing down. Quite the opposite. If the West decided to kill the whole thing I think the japanese would go harder in the other direction. They want to take advantage of this, and they don't have huge fear of their populations like China does for example. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.