Liquidating XRP When It's Time

So, for those who have thousands (or even tens of thousands) of XRP, what is your cash-out plan? My goal was to bust my *** to accumulate anywhere from 2k-5k over the next few weeks (depends largely on tax return), hodl until it hit $100 USD, then liquidate. My concern is that I know $100 is the goal for a lot of people to cash-out, and I think we're going to see a dip once it hits that number due to all the people trying to liquidate. Trying to dump thousands of zerps at once will seem to be much harder than most people realize. My question is, what is your liquidation plan? Will you hodl any even after it reaches $100? Will you dump in percentages? 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We cant even break out of $1.50 and you guys are planning for when and if it gets to $100? LMAO   Not trying to be offensive but come on guys. Put the crack pipe down for now.  This is a que

I am pretty much all in or nothing on my investment. My plan is to HODL till $100 (maybe $99 ) and re-evaluate. Maybe take out 50% I'm hoping to never take all my xrp out. I love them all too muc

I think as long you get up every morning and go to work you should dream a bit. Specially when you invest in crypto.It's a new world and it's crazy.Things can happen faster than we think.Enjoy the tri

9 minutes ago, CaptainCorningware said:

My concern is that I know $100 is the goal for a lot of people to cash-out, and I think we're going to see a dip once it hits that number due to all the people trying to liquidate.

Yes I think it's wise to plan for this. After we pass 50 everyone will be looking to 100. It will be a huge psychological point and many, many people will cash out here. Would not expect to break it first time unless it is going truly parabolic. I haven't planned it enough in detail, but I will do something like decide what % I want to HODL past 100. Let's say 50%. Then I would space out my sells running up to 100, probably starting at 85 or 90. For example, 5% at each point from 89-99. Not exactly on the round number because many people put their orders there, and if you have a large order it might not be filled. But it will be something like that. What were you thinking?

For me depend on the scenario and not on a fixed price. Imagine that Ripple became mass adopted and the price go up to let's  say 99$.. why should I sell at 100$ if nothing is changed in the company? That would be a mistake because after the logical drop  the price probably will go higher than 100$.

So if I think that the probability that the price will go higher is more than 50% I am not going to sell.

A good movement for day trader could be sell at 100$ and came back in at 50$ when price start to go up again but i would never do that because the probability I make some mistakes and loose xrp are too high..

Then again, if it reaches 100 with mass adoption, it's highly likely to continue to increase, especially if regulations crush to market resulting in a consolidation into the few remaining tokens that survive. I think 250 is attainable organically, but regulation could be what causes it to surpass 500 or more (not considering scarcity from ownership and usage). 

18 minutes ago, CaptainCorningware said:

I'm considering cashing out a good portion at 75 and then buying the 100 dip when it likely falls back to around 40-60. 

That would be a huge rejection of 100. Not sure it would go down that far, but we won't know until we get there and see what the chart looks like. 

1 hour ago, alpha6164 said:

We cant even break out of $1.50 and you guys are planning for when and if it gets to $100? LMAO

Not trying to be offensive but come on guys. Put the crack pipe down for now.  This is a question that should be asked when XRP is $30+ and you ask about $100.  

This is like me asking and discussing what med school my kid should attend to when he is 14 monthls old lol

If your kid takes after you in terms of behavior, you will not need to worry about med school. :lol:

2 hours ago, alpha6164 said:

We cant even break out of $1.50 and you guys are planning for when and if it gets to $100? LMAO

Not trying to be offensive but come on guys. Put the crack pipe down for now.  This is a question that should be asked when XRP is $30+ and you ask about $100.  

This is like me asking and discussing what med school my kid should attend to when he is 14 monthls old lol

The great thing about pretending is when you do it long enough it can become reality.  Parents pretend their child as an infant understands the words they are saying right from birth, and of course we know they really don't yet and it's just pretend, but knowing if we do it long enough the pretend becomes real.  Discussing med school with your 14 month old might feel like playing pretend scenarios...but pretend at it long enough and I promise you it will become real.    

For me, planning for $100 might feel like pretend right now and actually for the small cost of that, it is worth the daydreaming of what I could do if it happens.  Like purchasing a powerball ticket.. you don't really think you will win, but the $2 it cost you to have that chance, and daydream about what would happen if you did.... that alone is worth it sometimes just to unwind! Of course... I think chances of XRP soaring past $100 are far greater than hitting the powerball.  I'm HODL for sure. 

Edited by dontsellmeadog
4 hours ago, CaptainCorningware said:

My concern is that I know $100 is the goal for a lot of people to cash-out, and I think we're going to see a dip once it hits that number due to all the people trying to liquidate. Trying to dump thousands of zerps at once will seem to be much harder than most people realize. My question is, what is your liquidation plan? Will you hodl any even after it reaches $100? Will you dump in percentages? 

We said the same thing when we were .30$ and reaching 1$ and... Nothing happened. No dip. Just a steady rise to 3$+

4 hours ago, alpha6164 said:

I think as long you get up every morning and go to work you should dream a bit. Specially when you invest in crypto.It's a new world and it's crazy.Things can happen faster than we think.Enjoy the trip serious man?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.