Sign in to follow this  
johnlogan

Crypto is dangerous !!

40 minutes ago, divingman10 said:

Was it an Uber taxidriver paid through Xrapid and XRP?

I guess not, cause i picture an Uber taxidriver paid through xRapid and XRP as a very decent guy that drives carefully!

Critical thinking is not encouraged by the nanny state....

3 hours ago, Benchmark said:

The Dutch should've banned Tulips back when there was that tulip mania. 

i think i should make a separate post one day to point out that there never has been a Tulip mania in the Netherlands. What happened was that there was a discrepancy in a law that would allow you to never actually pay for what you bid.

Gildes (basically a group of regular customers in a cafe drinking beer) thought that was very funny and started bidding huge amounts of money for something everybody knew was worthless. A tulip bulb. They also knew that none of this money needed to be transferred because of this mistake in the law. It was one beer house bidding against another beer house having a laugh. It was the low class making fun of the higher class.   google the subject and you find a lot about it. so next time CNBC or CNN mentions it you knew it was a hoax and they didn't do any research

delete, sorry got posted 4 times

Edited by Guest

delete

Edited by Guest

delete

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, johnlogan said:

On my way to work there was a news segment regarding crypto. This was put together in the wake after some European banks forbidding their workers to trade in crypto. The segment was all negative and crypto was labeled dangerous, a tool for criminals, the investors would go broke, the bubble would burst in any second ( don’t get any on you ) followed by interviewing random people on the street. The consensus was crypto is dangerous like Iran and that they would never invest in crypto. One person said he would never invest in anything unless it was approved by the government & banks.

People need to educate themselves. Jesus.

Driving a formule 1 car is dangerous too but our Max earns a lot off money. 

Walking in Rotterdam is dangerous toooo. 

Listening to my wife in 2010 has been very very dangerous too because I didn't bought bitcoin. 

HOLD 

1 hour ago, poppy said:

Gildes (basically a group of regular customers in a cafe drinking beer) thought that was very funny and started bidding huge amounts of money for something everybody knew was worthless. A tulip bulb.

This isn't quite true. Tulip bulbs were (and still can be today) very valuable and very expensive. At the time due to disease, varieties of tulip which would bloom with unusual patterns and increase the price. Tulips were exotic luxury items at the time, so the price for a particular bulb could actually be very high. Tulip bulbs were not worthless.

I just got back from a meeting. The segment had a re-run on the radio, this time it ended with a Bank Analyst chiming inn at the end. “ he claimed the bobble had burst when hairdresser had obtained crypto and taxi driver was investors” he urged people to dump everything right now. Get out, get away, all the way to bank fund & controlled stocks.   

1 hour ago, bayarea510 said:

Ironic thing is crypto has been around for so long and now all of the sudden it becomes "evil.":spinlol:

LOL good point! Its never been easier to place a trade. This scares a lot of institutions. There has, historically, never been a goo idea to listen to bankers. 

1 hour ago, bayarea510 said:

Ironic thing is crypto has been around for so long and now all of the sudden it becomes "evil.":spinlol:

Because there was never a flock of investors at this magnitude in the longest time.