I suspect that there telling people not to send anything at the moment because as stated above there is a problem with the chromium apps, so you’d think you’ve sent something but nothing would happen, again as stated above the actual Nano is fine as nothing is stored ‘on’ it and your zerps on your wallet are fine also, it’s just the interface to transact that has a problem

Edited by Krypto
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its all a matter of doing what you think is best with the information available at the time your decision was made. Sure, its possible in 5 years some awful bug comes out which affects the Nano. but i

No clue what this is  

An API isn't anything to fear. You can see what an API does from the XRP price widget in the main forum. It's nothing more than the ability to migrate data from one server to be shown or interacted wi

10 hours ago, RDS said:

@Hodor whats ur take on security of nano ledger s

Just wondering if anybody has seen it on Ripple's website endorsing it or stating its secure enough for storage as i think i had seen nano lesger s on Ripple.com but its no longer there..i am just worried if nano is good enough..??

@JoelKatz

@nikb

its all a matter of doing what you think is best with the information available at the time your decision was made. Sure, its possible in 5 years some awful bug comes out which affects the Nano. but it impossible to live in the future. the best way is to have several backups. Use the nano, but have some xrp on paper wallets too. split it up.

6 hours ago, XRPto50dollars said:

its all a matter of doing what you think is best with the information available at the time your decision was made. Sure, its possible in 5 years some awful bug comes out which affects the Nano. but it impossible to live in the future. the best way is to have several backups. Use the nano, but have some xrp on paper wallets too. split it up.

i get your point bro, but it certainly does not hurt to get their opinions. @JoelKatz@nikb @Hodor after all of course i understand that they cant see the future but most certainly they have better understanding of technicals than most of us so i wanted to see whats their opinion about security of nano for non technical persons. 

Edited by RDS
2 hours ago, RDS said:

i get your point bro, but it certainly does not hurt to get their opinions. @JoelKatz@nikb @Hodor after all of course i understand that they cant see the future but most certainly they have better understanding of technicals than most of us so i wanted to see whats their opinion about security of nano for non technical persons. 

of course. i wasnt implying not to get opinions, i was just answering with my own opinion. you had a great original question and hope it gets answered but from what i know, Ripple does not endorse the Nano or any other wallet 

11 minutes ago, XRPto50dollars said:

of course. i wasnt implying not to get opinions, i was just answering with my own opinion. you had a great original question and hope it gets answered but from what i know, Ripple does not endorse the Nano or any other wallet 

Got your point bro, again not asking for endorsements, just opinions on security level of current xrp storage options. it can be either in the form of stars. for example 3 star for coinbase, X stars for Nano ledger S, Y stars for desktop wallet/Toast etc, 1 star for Gatehub, lol 

6 hours ago, RDS said:
7 hours ago, XRPto50dollars said:

Got your point bro, again not asking for endorsements, just opinions on security level of current xrp storage options. it can be either in the form of stars. for example 3 star for coinbase, X stars for Nano ledger S, Y stars for desktop wallet/Toast etc, 1 star for Gatehub, lol 

ok wow. word your question better then cause all i see here in your responses is what you didnt ask  :dash1:

Edited by XRPto50dollars
On 1/24/2018 at 2:23 AM, RDS said:

@Hodor whats ur take on security of nano ledger s

Just wondering if anybody has seen it on Ripple's website endorsing it or stating its secure enough for storage as i think i had seen nano lesger s on Ripple.com but its no longer there..i am just worried if nano is good enough..??

@JoelKatz

@nikb

So far as I know, Ripple has never officially endorsed any wallet since RippleTrade (their old online wallet before passing wallet services off in 2015/16).

When it comes to wallets, I recommend that people do research online to find out if there's been any security incident in the past with it.  If there have been, investigate the specifics.  If it's user error, figure out what that was.  If it was due to the core code being compromised in some way, then stay away from it for sure.

I've heard only good things about the nano, other than the fact that you've got to read the instruction manual thoroughly.  https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/7fp8ka/has_the_ledger_nano_or_ledger_nano_s_ever_had/In fact, the nano won a poll I took back in October when I asked about people's favorite wallets.  I originally made no distinction between hardware wallets, downloadable wallets, or online wallets.  Here is the blog article where I describe those poll results:  https://xrphodor.wordpress.com/2017/10/18/resources-for-potential-xrp-investors/

15 hours ago, Hodor said:

So far as I know, Ripple has never officially endorsed any wallet since RippleTrade (their old online wallet before passing wallet services off in 2015/16).

When it comes to wallets, I recommend that people do research online to find out if there's been any security incident in the past with it.  If there have been, investigate the specifics.  If it's user error, figure out what that was.  If it was due to the core code being compromised in some way, then stay away from it for sure.

I've heard only good things about the nano, other than the fact that you've got to read the instruction manual thoroughly.  https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/7fp8ka/has_the_ledger_nano_or_ledger_nano_s_ever_had/In fact, the nano won a poll I took back in October when I asked about people's favorite wallets.  I originally made no distinction between hardware wallets, downloadable wallets, or online wallets.  Here is the blog article where I describe those poll results:  https://xrphodor.wordpress.com/2017/10/18/resources-for-potential-xrp-investors/

Thanks mate, I will read it.  just wondering if you are aware of any comments or opinions of @JoelKatzand @nikb about nano's security  (not endorsements ofcourse ). ? 

There was a thread that asked where Ripple employees store their XRP. Joel's response it at the bottom of page 2. He mentioned Nano S first up.

Edited by Guest