buckor

Hacking Coinbase: The Great Bitcoin Bank Robbery

I went back and did a Title search and did not see this article previously posted.

This is a great article that talks about YOUR security for YOUR coins/tokens...Tiffany Hayden @TiffanyHaden posted this on Twitter as a very good reminder to protect ourselves.

“If you don’t own the private keys, you don’t own the coin."

http://fortune.com/2017/08/22/bitcoin-coinbase-hack/

Damn...... read the title and thought this was an instructional guide

Sorry, that's not what this is...just an important look at why it is important YOU protect your private keys, with some examples of how hackers are getting access to your crypto. 

This is why i like nano ledgers... you physically need to press buttons on the actual device in person to confirm transactions.  It can't be done online. 
Exactly! I love the interaction with the physical and the digital...my nano and my key are both locked away...and getting more complex in that "locking away" all the time...

@buckor I think mine is in the fruit bowl of my dining room table :biggrin:

But then i live a million miles away from civilisation in the country.  I doubt a lot of people round here would know what 'a ripple' is, never mind a ledger lol. 

Edited by tartankiwi

3 minutes ago, Sio2yH2O said:

My ledger is locked away under safe and vault .... not really to protect from others but rather me following through on my daily bright ideas that i can just trade "a little" for adding to my zerp collection.:dash1:

I suffer from this.... currently sh*tting myself because i sold yesterday @  1.30 waiting for the drop to $1.00.  

1 minute ago, tartankiwi said:

It will go down, it will go down, it will go down... :biggrin:

Unless Ripple screws me and announces amazon :wacko:

I hope you get your buy in. Just keep a finger on that trigger cause if Weiss comes out and q4 comes both positive there will be no looking back.