tony71

2017 36000% ? June 2018 $4.80

Hello everyone! I am new in thys great forum even if xrp hodler from some times.

In my opinion(but I am not an expert) the point is that is very diffcoult to predict the price in the short period but maybe is more easy to guess what the final users(banks) will want the price to be.

For what I understand,also reading in thys forum, when ripple will be adopted by banks and other institutions the ammount of money to move will be huge and in that scenario to me 1 xrp=0.25$ doesn't make many sense.

Is true that xrp total supply is very big but in some years if it became mass adopted it could  became insufficient and is logical to think that the price will be higher but stable. Institutions need stability  not low  prices..

Feel free to correct me because I am always happy to learn new things about thys great adventure called Ripple!

:)

Es cierto lo que dices, pero creo que en algo te equivocas, la oferta total de xrp no es grande. Piensa cuanto dinero mueven los bancos y a mi entender, no hay muchos xrp! Ahora parecen muchos pero en un futuro serán pocos! Es mi humilde opinión. Puedo estar muy equivocado. 

5 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

I honestly think that’s where you went wrong. 

Have you studied the pricemovements of cryptocurrencies in the last 2 years? 

A rush here, a dip there, followed by a 3 months horizontal chart, to explode all of a sudden with 1300 %.  Totally unpredictable. Ripple at $ 0.06 end of 2018 would not surprise me. Nor will it at $ 234. 

Exactly...just HODL!

1 hour ago, Jigen said:

Hello everyone! I am new in thys great forum even if xrp hodler from some times.

In my opinion(but I am not an expert) the point is that is very diffcoult to predict the price in the short period but maybe is more easy to guess what the final users(banks) will want the price to be.

For what I understand,also reading in thys forum, when ripple will be adopted by banks and other institutions the ammount of money to move will be huge and in that scenario to me 1 xrp=0.25$ doesn't make many sense.

Is true that xrp total supply is very big but in some years if it became mass adopted it could  became insufficient and is logical to think that the price will be higher but stable. Institutions need stability  not low  prices..

Feel free to correct me because I am always happy to learn new things about thys great adventure called Ripple!

You are right...try moving $100 billion of XRP at $.25 per coin....it can't be done....you'd have to move EVERY coin ever created 4 times, and as we all know, some of those coins have already been destroyed, others are in escrow, others are in the hands of investors HODLing, and others are spread out all over the globe. This "one transaction" would upset the markets so much, XRP would not stay at $.25 at all. 

That said, move $100 billion when you have a $100 coin...and we're getting closer. That still means you have to have access to 1% all the coins ever issued. $100 billion at $1k per coin would require 100,000,000 coins...still a significant amount of coins, but we're getting to where a market maker may be able to do this.

Before anyone thrashes me, I realize that $100 billion is A LOT of money...however, to move that amount of money even in ONE DAY would still require a price of significance in order to not put the markets in a turmoil with liquidity problems. This is why I do feel that from a fundamental point of view, XRP will reach at least $1k per coin....when? That's anyone's guess.

1 hour ago, buckor said:

You are right...try moving $100 billion of XRP at $.25 per coin....it can't be done....you'd have to move EVERY coin ever created 4 times, and as we all know, some of those coins have already been destroyed, others are in escrow, others are in the hands of investors HODLing, and others are spread out all over the globe. This "one transaction" would upset the markets so much, XRP would not stay at $.25 at all. 

That said, move $100 billion when you have a $100 coin...and we're getting closer. That still means you have to have access to 1% all the coins ever issued. $100 billion at $1k per coin would require 100,000,000 coins...still a significant amount of coins, but we're getting to where a market maker may be able to do this.

Before anyone thrashes me, I realize that $100 billion is A LOT of money...however, to move that amount of money even in ONE DAY would still require a price of significance in order to not put the markets in a turmoil with liquidity problems. This is why I do feel that from a fundamental point of view, XRP will reach at least $1k per coin....when? That's anyone's guess.

$100 Billion doesn't have to be moved in 1 lot. It can be split into smaller sizes and sent, say $500 million at a time. Since it takes only about 10 secs for each transaction to back and forth and cost is not much.  Is this what they mean by the velocity of the coin?

1 minute ago, strikerjax said:

$100 Billion doesn't have to be moved in 1 lot. It can be split into smaller sizes and sent, say $500 million at a time. Since it takes only about 10 secs for each transaction to back and forth and cost is not much.  Is this what they mean by the velocity of the coin?

"The velocity of money is the rate at which money is exchanged from one transaction to another and how much a unit of currency is used in a given period of time." Investopedia.

Still, moving $100 billion in a market worth, say, $1 trillion, is a massive move in that market, no matter how you slice it.

3 hours ago, Jigen said:

Welcome to XRPChat mate. Heaps of good debate and learning in here

2 hours ago, buckor said:

Ahhh Mr @buckor $100 billion is not that much money when you consider trillions of $ are moved across borders each day!!

Ahhh Mr [mention=10253]buckor[/mention] $100 billion is not that much money when you consider trillions of $ are moved across borders each day!!
@Chewiecoin....i agree! I was just using the 100 billion as an example because it is the base multiple of all XRP ever created. If people cannot realize that just to move $100billion is going to take a high price so that volatility isn't impacted, they'll never understand $1-, $2-, or $5 trillion per day.

We're on the same page my furry friend!

1 hour ago, strikerjax said:

The problem you run into is how do you get $50B worth of XRP back to the starting point to be able to move the second half of the payment? You would have to wait until someone wanted to shift that amount of money in that direction.

You can’t just “give them back” because they have value. The market maker on the other end is doing something with those XRP.

The trick would be to split the buys over time. Which ruins the speed advantage of XRP. It’s possible that to move a huuuuge amount of money, it is still better to move via swift, at least until XRP is valued high enough.

Edited by JmzBond

7 minutes ago, buckor said:

@Chewiecoin....i agree! I was just using the 100 billion as an example because it is the base multiple of all XRP ever created. If people cannot realize that just to move $100billion is going to take a high price so that volatility isn't impacted, they'll never understand $1-, $2-, or $5 trillion per day.

We're on the same page my furry friend!

Yes, I knew we were. Just wanted to respond to the line "Before anyone thrashes me, I realize that $100 billion is A LOT of money"

Which it is but not when you consider the market it is providing a solution for

Yes, I knew we were. Just wanted to respond to the line "Before anyone thrashes me, I realize that $100 billion is A LOT of money"
Which it is but not when you consider the market it is providing a solution for
Lol...understood. In my small mind, $100 billion is a ton of money (probably more than a ton if weighed in $1s)....but yeah, next to TRILLIONS, AND QUADRILLIONS, we're looking at chump change!

I am a "I don't believe 100 billion XRP is enough, so the price HAS to be super high to support low volatility" club member.