realdavid

Ripple price: Is XRP the next bitcoin? How high could the price go?

Ripple’s XRP currency was trading at about $0.006 per token at the start of 2017, before a remarkable 12 months saw the cryptocurrency surge to an all time high of $3.84 on January 4 - an increase of nearly 64,000 percent. 

Ripple has since slipped back down to below $2, but its strong overall performance has fuelled speculation that it could soon compete with bitcoin (BTC) at the top of the crypto markets. 

A panel of cryptocurrency experts, brought together by Finder.com, predicted that Ripple will overtake Ethereum (ETH) to become the second biggest cryptocurrency by the end of the year. 

Read More: https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/907242/Ripple-price-XRP-next-bitcoin-How-high-price-go-forecast-prediction-2018

In market cap yes, it already overtook Ethereum at one point and fell back. In actual price per coin. I would love to see it go to $10, $100, or $1000. But for that to happen we’re talking trillions of dollars of investment or massive supply shortage. Buy and hold and in 2-3 years it should be worth more then $5 I predict. 

10 minutes ago, FluxSine said:

In market cap yes, it already overtook Ethereum at one point and fell back. In actual price per coin. I would love to see it go to $10, $100, or $1000. But for that to happen we’re talking trillions of dollars of investment or massive supply shortage. Buy and hold and in 2-3 years it should be worth more then $5 I predict. 

replace years by months ;)

13 minutes ago, Plikk said:

replace years by months ;)

I hope so too. I’m bullish on it but don’t like to get my hopes to high so I’m not let down lol. I’ll end up selling 1/4 at $5. Hear me out I know I should just hold it. I’d hold forever but I want to get my initial investment out so I’m only playing with gained monies as well as investing a few thousand into 4 or 5 icos this year. 

7 minutes ago, FluxSine said:

I hope so too. I’m bullish on it but don’t like to get my hopes to high so I’m not let down lol. I’ll end up selling 1/4 at $5. Hear me out I know I should just hold it. I’d hold forever but I want to get my initial investment out so I’m only playing with gained monies as well as investing a few thousand into 4 or 5 icos this year. 

GEtting your first investment out is always a smart move. I plan to do the same but XRP needs to hit 15-20 USD before I do that :)

1 hour ago, Plikk said:

GEtting your first investment out is always a smart move. I plan to do the same but XRP needs to hit 15-20 USD before I do that :)

I wouldn't say it is smart unless you invested more than can lose.  Holding longer is probably going to do you better than recouping what, 1-10k that was invested.

32 minutes ago, mrhat75 said:

I wouldn't say it is smart unless you invested more than can lose.  Holding longer is probably going to do you better than recouping what, 1-10k that was invested.

It's just for an ease of mind, I think its easier to HOLD for many years if you already got your initial investment out :)

3 hours ago, realdavid said:

Ripple’s XRP currency was trading at about $0.006 per token at the start of 2017, before a remarkable 12 months saw the cryptocurrency surge to an all time high of $3.84 on January 4 - an increase of nearly 64,000 percent. 

Ripple has since slipped back down to below $2, but its strong overall performance has fuelled speculation that it could soon compete with bitcoin (BTC) at the top of the crypto markets. 

A panel of cryptocurrency experts, brought together by Finder.com, predicted that Ripple will overtake Ethereum (ETH) to become the second biggest cryptocurrency by the end of the year. 

Read More: https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/907242/Ripple-price-XRP-next-bitcoin-How-high-price-go-forecast-prediction-2018

The article lied about Ripple being able to make more coins.  Ripple doesnt have the ability to do so.

Speaking to Express.co.uk, he said: “My market cap prediction around Ripple is that they can make more coins and this to me means that the market cap will go up. 

https://ripple.com/insights/top-9-frequently-asked-questions-ripple-xrp/
9. Can Ripple create more XRP?
No. Ripple the company didn’t create XRP; 100 billion XRP was created before the company was formed, and after Ripple was founded, the creators of XRP gifted a substantial amount of XRP to the company.

Here is one Peter Lynch (famous Wall Street trader) quote you should listen carefully:

The next something

“Another stock I’d avoid is a stock in a company that’s been touted as the next IBM (NYSE:IBM), the next McDonald’s (NYSE:MCD), the next Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), or the next Disney (NYSE:DIS), etc. In my experience, the next of something almost never is – on Broadway, the best seller list, the NBA, or Wall Street.”

So it almost never is but in the case of Ripple vs Bitcoin I think it could possibly do something like Google did to Altavista. Apart from the fact that we will never forget Bitcoin like Altavista!

1 hour ago, Strovu said:

Here is one Peter Lynch (famous Wall Street trader) quote you should listen carefully:

So it almost never is but in the case of Ripple vs Bitcoin I think it could possibly do something like Google did to Altavista. Apart from the fact that we will never forget Bitcoin like Altavista!

Well to be fair, XRP advocates are the only ones saying it will be the next. A majority of the crypto community, or at least the vocal ones, aren't saying it will be the next. So maybe...

6 hours ago, FluxSine said:

I would love to see it go to $10, $100, or $1000. But for that to happen we’re talking trillions of dollars of investment or massive supply shortage

If market cap was the same thing as total money invested that would be true, but it isn't.

3 hours ago, Plikk said:

It's just for an ease of mind, I think its easier to HOLD for many years if you already got your initial investment out :)

Yes that’s part of it. And I’m tapped out on what I can invest out of pocket so having a few extra usd to invest in other projects is attractive. The saying “Never put all your eggs In one basket” is good advice. I believe Xrp will be amazing but so will a few others :)