Weiss Announcement whats the best case senario ?

Just a thought, will anyone be deflated if it's another really positive announcement that does nothing to the price? After days of red in my portfolio, it would be nice to see some positive moves :)

3 minutes ago, LamboToTheMoon said:

Just a thought, will anyone be deflated if it's another really positive announcement that does nothing to the price? After days of red in my portfolio, it would be nice to see some positive moves :)

Yeah we all hope it will have a positive outcome for the price, but one can only guess aka speculate. We have been in a long dip, so I sincerely hope that the WEIS rating and Q4 report will do something positive with XRP's price. But I also reckon that being bound to BTC's price, it's quite hard to break free.

4 minutes ago, Plikk said:

Yeah we all hope it will have a positive outcome for the price, but one can only guess aka speculate. We have been in a long dip, so I sincerely hope that the WEIS rating and Q4 report will do something positive with XRP's price. But I also reckon that being bound to BTC's price, it's quite hard to break free.

I also feel that the WEISS report will only appeal to a smaller audience of investors (at the moment). I think many current investors really wont care much because they love the train they are on.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, JaseEffect said:

I also feel that the WEISS report will only appeal to a smaller audience of investors (at the moment). I think many current investors really wont care much because they love the train they are on.

I disagree.  If XRP ranks substantially higher than BTC, I’d expect more than a few people to cash out of BTC and in to XRP.

I think the CMC top10 cryptos will slowly move in line with the top 10 on the Weiss list during 2018.

I also think it would be a good idea for someone on this website to dedicate a page to the other 9 on the list and go through the pros and cons in more detail than Weiss offers.  It shows we're not bitter about other coins in this space and that other coins do offer things to the ecosystem.

Maybe even a separate Weiss list forum because we know Ripple are all about welcoming regulation etc.

Edited by CaligulazBaby

7 hours ago, JaseEffect said:

The current investors ARE the smaller audience. The larger audience is out there. That audience cares about ratings, CEOs, business plans, revenue streams, press releases, and quarterly reports. Weiss plays to Ripple's strengths just as regulation does, just as press coverage does, just as having a CEO does. The people who don't care about that stuff are the anarchists who distrust everything from "the Man" and still think BTC will replace fiat currency one day.

10 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

The current investors ARE the smaller audience. The larger audience is out there. That audience cares about ratings, CEOs, business plans, revenue streams, press releases, and quarterly reports. Weiss plays to Ripple's strengths just as regulation does, just as press coverage does, just as having a CEO does. The people who don't care about that stuff are the anarchists who distrust everything from "the Man" and still think BTC will replace fiat currency one day.

Sorry, my first post was confusing. I agree, and that was exactly my point. (The newer investors entering the market are at this moment a minority). The newer investors (soon to be larger audience) will in fact care, as they will be looking as crypto as a new investment option, and will value the rating system. I think those that are "in love" with their coin, wont care so much (until they feel the water on their feet of the sinking ship)

Edited by Guest

A good Weiss rating could function as all other ratings. It could open up the door to new investors. Hedgefunds, pensionfunds and governments do nothing without positive a rating. Maybe the next step will be an ETF with like-rated cryptos.

10 hours ago, Plikk said:

Sorry not picking on you personally @Plikk just wanted to make the comment that we were at an ATH on Jan 6 that's only 17 days ago!!

So I don't think "we have been in a long dip"

I want to see the price go up as much as everyone but be patient. When the next bull run happens it will happen quickly.

5 hours ago, Chewiecoin said:

Sorry not picking on you personally @Plikk just wanted to make the comment that we were at an ATH on Jan 6 that's only 17 days ago!!

So I don't think "we have been in a long dip"

I want to see the price go up as much as everyone but be patient. When the next bull run happens it will happen quickly.

Yeah i guess you are right. I am only in it since 2,5 weeks so all I have seen is one big dip since then. But we will hodl through it and makes us stronger for the next time, im sure it eill be allright. 

It will also be interesting to see how often their ratings are revised, monthly/quarterly/annually and the subsequent impact of any revisions on this volatile market..

I do think that this will sort the wheat from the chaff, giving further legitimacy to the best of the coins/tokens and will allow greater institutional money to enter the market with enough volume to limit the effects of the whale pumps and dumps..

I think the very fact cryptos start to get rated by mainstream rating agencies is a big show of acceptance to the entire sector. Although we don't know the specific of Weiss valuation models, we can safely assume that XRP would get a high quality grade. They may spot the ability of banks and FI to use most of Ripple's software solution without using XRP as a weakness and risk, but all in all it is the most credible coin out there, probably. However, ignoring a short-term buzz in the retail market as and bragging-points between the ridiculous clan-like fans of cryptos, I doubt the high credit would move XRP upwards in a meaningful way in the short term. Retail investors/speculators are not on the sidelines anyway, nor do they do into the depth of such ratings. It is the FI money that rating is important to,  and this money moves slow. 

9 hours ago, Seoulite said:

THIS.