Possible price of XRP - 2 Distinct Camps. Which side are you on?

10 hours ago, Chewiecoin said:

It's becoming obvious to me that there are two distinct camps of people in here regarding the question of what price XRP could reach?

The first seems to think XRP will be stuck at $10 to $20. In their mind our Market Cap will be too big, Chris and Brad will be too wealthy, there's too many coins,  mass FI adoption probably won't happen.  I don't believe they are trying to cause FUD. 

Then the second camp, where I proudly park the Falcon, believe that $100 price is a bare minimum. They believe $1,000+ is possible. This camp believes in the use cases. They understand the incredible size of cross border payment market Ripple is trying to revolutionize. They believe that 100Bn coins won't be enough one day. They know Market Cap is just an arbitrary number used as a ranking system and there is no limit to it. They believe that the run up to $3.30 (Bitstamp) and the 36,000% gains of last year is only just the beginning. 

I am a believer!

@Chewiecoin, this is a great question for this forum! 

I am personally in Camp 2, even with an average stack at $.42/zerp. Why? Well...

I have this feeling, maybe it's a hope, I dunno, that we'll be at $100 by year's end. We're already headed (back) towards $2 and we don't have any major FI saying they are using xRapid/XRP. I am thankful we have MoneyGram, Cuallix/Cuallet, and the rumored bank in South Africa, but there is soooooo much more out there. Once xRapid adoption gains steam, I think we're looking at a minimum of $100. Will it reach $1,000? I believe it will, in time.

I don't know a whole lot about Codius and smart contracts, but with out limited knowledge of Ripple products, the ability for Ripple's "native token" to be used is truly unlimited. I do believe we will start to see consumer use of XRP, too. Yes, at some point in the future I do believe you will be able to buy your car, a house, and pay for your vacations with XRP. Will that happen this year? Doubtful. But I do believe we will see that happen within the next 10 years.

Someone else mentioned on here an important fact that must be taken into consideration: how much XRP will remain in "our" hands versus in the hands of FIs? Many on here have expressed that they plan on selling at $10-$20. Once we reach that point who do you think will be buying? FIs....and other businesses that will be using XRP to transfer value all over the world. We will reach that point where the percentage of XRP in the hands of individuals will be very small because the individuals have sold and businesses have bought. At that point, businesses won't be in the "business of trading." Rather, they will be using and storing XRP for use. As the percentage of XRP in "our" hands decreases, the value of XRP will rise in proportion.

Like you, I don't believe 100 billion coins will be enough in the future. However, if Ripple is using a distribution plan, we won't see that 100 billion all in circulation (or burnt) any time soon. Yes, they are releasing 1 billion out of escrow every month, but my XRP is on that a majority of that goes back into escrow for another 4.5 years. I personally believe we're looking at 15-20 years before all 100 billion coins have been put into circulation....but that's just my opinion.

The price of XRP will reach a very important milestone at $10....that is like a "critical mass" point, in my opinion. At that point, a 10% rise is $1, 20% $2, etc. We'll begin seeing the price go up very quickly at that point if one only looks at percentages.

Ripple is playing a game of chess in the crypto world that I do not think anyone anticipated any crypto "company" playing. For Ripple, I think they can already see "check mate."

Blessings!

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's becoming obvious to me that there are two distinct camps of people in here regarding the question of what price XRP could reach? The first seems to think XRP will be stuck at $10 to $20. In

I wish the first group is correct in the short term 6 months to a year and the second group over the next 3-5 years.. then we will all be winners 

Logically, $20 as the maximum... it just seems impossible. At $3 xrp would already be 15% of the way to the maximum amount.  We hit $3 with no true adoption. Theyre trying to say that XRP will only gr

Posted Images

I’m a $10-20 guy when it comes to 2018. It would be amazing if we got to that level this year.

Long term is difficult to predict as it’s all still so uncertain and there are so many variables that can impact the price positively and negatively.

my dream ticket is something in the $250-300 range. That’s my never need to work again point.

if it ever gets there I’ll sell 50% and hodl the rest just to see where it maxes out.

Say bitcoin crashes, there Will not be so much money transfered to other cryptos because people Will start panic selling every coin they have. And what price will they sell? The money is going to vanish very quick so its not like 216 billions is going to other cryptos, so i personally dont think that should benefit xrp. We need to take a slow ”steal” proving that xrp is da best **** out there, step by step. Hoooooodl

10 hours ago, DrWhoAmI said:

I think $100 this year. Maybe more. I think behind the scenes so much is going on that we will be left in shock and awe. We get little tidbits now and then, but nothing we can completely confirm. Someday Ripple will drop all the info and the price will skyrocket.

Man if this hits $100 this year I would be physically sick. Daydreams would become reality and idk if I'm mentally prepared for that yet lol

7 minutes ago, FixnUrPowerline said:

Man if this hits $100 this year I would be physically sick. Daydreams would become reality and idk if I'm mentally prepared for that yet lol

Start preparing yourself for prosperity, you deserve it! Visualize the positive benefits from your abundance. Don't let your blessing become a curse, get mentally strong now!

Peace and happiness,

Sri

After reading this thread I'm not sure that "cashing out" would be such a good idea. If XRP is widely adopted and the price is, say $1000, you will probably be able to use it to make large purchases. Probably a good strategy is to have a plan to cash out some of your XRP, but not all. For what it's worth, my speculation on price is $10 this year, but I'll be happy if it's higher.

18 minutes ago, Yukteswar said:

Start preparing yourself for prosperity, you deserve it! Visualize the positive benefits from your abundance. Don't let your blessing become a curse, get mentally strong now!

Peace and happiness,

Sri

I can't like this enough, well said @Yukteswar

1 hour ago, buckor said:

@Chewiecoin

Ripple is playing a game of chess in the crypto world that I do not think anyone anticipated any crypto "company" playing. For Ripple, I think they can already see "check mate."

Blessings!

Great post! I agree, Ripple as a company with a strategy, team and vision already make it unique in the crypto world. Everything else is just wandering blindly with no organized direction. Whales of course have a unified goal of pump and dump and manipulation and they seem organized in their immoral behavior, but that only goes so far.

Sri

14 hours ago, Chewiecoin said:

It's becoming obvious to me that there are two distinct camps of people in here regarding the question of what price XRP could reach?

The first seems to think XRP will be stuck at $10 to $20. In their mind our Market Cap will be too big, Chris and Brad will be too wealthy, there's too many coins,  mass FI adoption probably won't happen.  I don't believe they are trying to cause FUD. 

Then the second camp, where I proudly park the Falcon, believe that $100 price is a bare minimum. They believe $1,000+ is possible. This camp believes in the use cases. They understand the incredible size of cross border payment market Ripple is trying to revolutionize. They believe that 100Bn coins won't be enough one day. They know Market Cap is just an arbitrary number used as a ranking system and there is no limit to it. They believe that the run up to $3.30 (Bitstamp) and the 36,000% gains of last year is only just the beginning. 

I am a believer!

5a640d2a7a21e_theresachancegif.gif.2313be99b957976daa1afd819ae8b5ff.gif

Ok but seriously...yeah I think there is an insane amount of money and wealth in this world and XRP is targeting the movement of all those fiat currencies, globally, in a way that hasn't been done before with incredible speed, security, reliability, and scalability in performance.  I think if Ripple gets even a fraction of the global payment channels utilizing XRP we'll see valuations well above the $50-$100 range with real utility behind it so the sheer volume will actually protect against volatility that all the other digital assets suffer from.

I'm in the $10 group-short term. $20 by the end of the year.. To see it go to $100 would be amazing and it will get there, however, I don't think I will be around. If we had the drops we have just experienced from that level, I'll be honest here, I don't think i could handle the stress. I was very fortunate to get get in early.

I have set a $20 figure in my head for my exit.

17 minutes ago, QuestionTime said:

I'm in the $10 group-short term. $20 by the end of the year.. To see it go to $100 would be amazing and it will get there, however, I don't think I will be around. If we had the drops we have just experienced from that level, I'll be honest here, I don't think i could handle the stress. I was very fortunate to get get in early.

I have set a $20 figure in my head for my exit.

Wow....that's a very honest assessment of your limitations. Admirable.

I think taking profit is the right thing to do but to 'exit' would be a mistake.

If this succeeds like we think it might,  then it will have become the oil that slides through the financial worlds' pipelines...   It ain't going to go away and it will remain valuable ( and possibly continue to accrue value) into the foreseeable future.  Retaining as much as you can after you have assured your gain seems like the sensible thing to do to me.

I could be wrong....   I often am.   :) 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.