Chewiecoin

Possible price of XRP - 2 Distinct Camps. Which side are you on?

USD 10-20's is going to be achieved based on existing products of Ripple....but the exciting trajectory of xrp is going to be determined at how well Codius, with its ability to build Smart Contracts get going in a big way...that's going to be real kicker....because that would allow a whole lot of transactions which are not necessarily cross border transactions to come into the realm of xrp which should galvanize the entire xrp ecosytem...

I'm going with USD 100+ and will revisit my numbers post March 2019 :) HODLer \m/

1 minute ago, DjemDiamond said:

If XRP take over the world.

Then yes $1000.

But I think by 2020, there will be 10 Top Coins used in the world, and another 20 Lesser coins. 

So if everything goes to plan Banks, F.I, $400 to $600 dollar coin. 

Love your work!!

20 minutes ago, Plikk said:

I just am afraid to wish for 100 plus because it would make me buy more xrp now although no one knows how far we will get with xrp. It’s still a risky business and we should be realistic  but heh, what is realistic in the world of crypto? No one really knows haha

Maybe we should get back to this thread after the Q4 report, that could have various insights which will help us evaluate XRP’s price better. 

I think it's good to be aware that you're about to do something driven by FOMO. Always ask yourself: can I go on with my current life wiothout major problems if I happen to lose the amount I'm about to invest? If the answer is not 100% yes, don't do it. When I first bought XRP I saw it's value drop 30% over the next 3 weeks. The only thing that kept me from selling to cut my losses was the fact that I could afford to lose the money (well, kinda :) ).

31 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

I believe ( not based on TA or anything like that, so essentially based on just my intuition, all opinions on this forum and 7 months of crypto-experience.) that $ 100 this year can be easily reached provided that there will be: 

- no USDT crisis

- no serious regulation crisis 

- no technical or internal Ripple crisis

Crypto is highly unpredictable, thats the name of the game/gain. 

I tend to agree. Look at BTC. It's inflated based on literally nothing but collective belief. It doesn't even work as advertised: infrastructure is highly centralised by miners, the majority of it is owned by a small group, it's expensive and slow to settle. It's entirely possible that XRP can have another astronomical year, especially with the long awaited influx of FI money.

14 minutes ago, kdraj said:

USD 10-20's is going to be achieved based on existing products of Ripple....but the exciting trajectory of xrp is going to be determined at how well Codius, with its ability to build Smart Contracts get going in a big way...that's going to be real kicker....because that would allow a whole lot of transactions which are not necessarily cross border transactions to come into the realm of xrp which should galvanize the entire xrp ecosytem...

I'm going with USD 100+ and will revisit my numbers post March 2019 :) HODLer \m/

I don't agree that $10 to $20 will be max price based on xRapid adoption by FI's. I think the sheer number of FI's that will end up using xRapid and the liquidity needed to support that will drive the price much higher. Then add in the increase in price from investors hearing about all the new partnerships (Brad's "marathon of announcements" tweet) along the way.

Now lets add in your comment (which I completely agree with) about the successful rollout and adoption of Codius and smart contracts.

Lets keep going. What about xVia and the possible adoption of XRP in the retail sector? How about XRP being used in the massive untapped  microtransactions market  and other use cases not imagined yet . . . .?

You see why I believe a 4 digit XRP price is possible?

Edited by Chewiecoin

$10-$20 is possible this year, but with wild swings I'm not sure how much it matters, 2018 is still part of the crypto-wild west. 

When Ripple and XRP get traction in the real economy, I believe the $100+ number becomes possible. I'll be waiting for this for as long as I think it's a likely scenario.

18 minutes ago, 7strings said:

I think it's good to be aware that you're about to do something driven by FOMO. Always ask yourself: can I go on with my current life wiothout major problems if I happen to lose the amount I'm about to invest? If the answer is not 100% yes, don't do it. When I first bought XRP I saw it's value drop 30% over the next 3 weeks. The only thing that kept me from selling to cut my losses was the fact that I could afford to lose the money (well, kinda :) ).

Yeah im with you on this. The point is, I can spend more without having to live different, but It would be a waste of money if it goes to dust. I have decided to only buy small amounts of xrp from now on, and not the big number anymore. 

I first stepped in @ 2.98 so just like you got hit hard the first weeks. I believe it only makes me a stromger xrp holder to have witnessed and survived the january slaughter ;)

2 minutes ago, Plikk said:

Yeah im with you on this. The point is, I can spend more without having to live different, but It would be a waste of money if it goes to dust. I have decided to only buy small amounts of xrp from now on, and not the big number anymore. 

I first stepped in @ 2.98 so just like you got hit hard the first weeks. I believe it only makes me a stromger xrp holder to have witnessed and survived the january slaughter ;)

Good strategy. Well done. 

50 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

I believe ( not based on TA or anything like that, so essentially based on just my intuition, all opinions on this forum and 7 months of crypto-experience.) that $ 100 this year can be easily reached provided that there will be: 

- no USDT crisis

- no serious regulation crisis 

- no technical or internal Ripple crisis

Crypto is highly unpredictable, thats the name of the game/gain. 

I want to be bullish about this year, however 2/3 crisis described are already boiling underneath the surface. USDT discussion is heating up as we speak and regulations are coming sooner or later. I think best would be to have both of these crisis asap and then start from fresh table. 

USDT is atm just a huge fud with no actual facts to back any of the claims true, neither there is confirmed facts that USDT is running legit... 

Price of XRP will rely on the partnership and adoption announcements... 5 usd is just around the corner, 10 usd also very likely for this year. 100 usd could need more time as the market cap would need to grow a lot before this is possible. 

1 hour ago, Chewiecoin said:

I think your point is slightly different. You would sell at $10 to $20 as that gives you the returns you want but you believe the price can grow much further. 

I think many people in here will agree with you and will have that same plan. 

I'm in this "slightly different camp" as well. Ill be looking to exit between 10-20 but depending on news flow at the time  etc. ill hang on as long as i can. I think realistically XRP could be between 20-100 with massive adoption. I have thought of  XRP becoming the new equivalent of the $100 USD bill which is the world's most popular bank note. 

However to hang on that long would be ballsy. I'll bet there are very few individual retail investors (non hedge--fund, non-insider) who bought AMZN at its IPO price and held on for the ride to $1300.

31 minutes ago, DjemDiamond said:

If XRP take over the world.

Then yes $1000.

But I think by 2020, there will be 10 Top Coins used in the world, and another 20 Lesser coins. 

So if everything goes to plan Banks, F.I, $400 to $600 dollar coin. 

I don't think it will hit $1,000.

I was just doing an example, if everything keep moving in a upward direction.

But there will come a point, when it reaches the price it will be. 

^^^this^^^

ETA: I doubt more than $20 this year, but that is fine with me.  Somewhere in the hundreds in a few years.  But there is no way to know.  Close to $100 is possible. 

Edited by Guest

Everyone here seems to be pointing out that, for XRP to hit 100$+ it will need massive adoption of xRapid, but I think everyone is missing the point that BTC hit 20,000$ without any use case. I know the circulating supply of XRP is a lot more and the whole market-cap argument, but if we factor in the speculation and FOMO aspect of crypto, I think XRP will surprise everyone.

The whole crypto market will grow exponentially by 2020. Until now only people who are inclined towards technology (people who read tech news, keep themselves up to date) or who heard about crypto from their tech savvy friends have invested in to Crypto. But this year crypto will go more mainstream. People at large will start investing in Crypto. Regulations will only help the crypto market. Sure we will see a dip/correction, but it will recover. People will start realizing that crypto is a new asset class.

XRP will struggle to hit 7$-8$. I think that will happen by end of this year. But once that happens, there is not stopping for XRP.

My conclusion: XRP should hit 100$ by mid 2019.

But I think the wise thing to do in a highly volatile speculative market is to keep selling 10% of your holdings whenever XRP hits a milestone and keep a part of it (30%) as a long term hold.

Edited by crypto16

Before december, people talked here about exit strategies at $2, which they hoped to come at the end of this year @RegalChicken

It is just too difficult to predict where we can go at this very stage, but I do believe we will have a clearer picture by the end of the year.

12 minutes ago, Chewiecoin said:

I don't agree that $10 to $20 will be max price based on xRapid adoption by FI's. I think the sheer number of FI's that will end up using xRapid and the liquidity needed to support that will drive the price much higher. Then add in the increase in price from investors hearing about all the new partnerships (Brad's "marathon of announcements" tweet) along the way.

Now lets add in your comment (which I completely agree with) about the successful rollout and adoption of Codius and smart contracts.

Lets keep going. What about xVia and the possible adoption of XRP in the retail sector? How about XRP being used in the massive untapped  microtransactions market  and other use cases not imagined yet . . . .?

You see why I believe a 4 digit XRP price is possible?

I think a lot of the factors will be dependent on Ripple, the company. For a company to be a major conduit across international borders, it will need a rock solid internal structure. The holding patterns will come under increasing scrutiny, as will board representation. Succession plans and risk mitigation (meaning rogue core team forking) will also need to be outlined clearly.

Whether Ripple likes it or not, it may have to be a Public entity before the big money comes in.

If, I repeat, if all of these things are addressed, there's no reason why XRP can't hit high three or even low four figures.

Till this plays out one way or another, I'll hold. The only reason I may cop out, is if I have major disagreement with the fundamentals. Which is hopefully never.

My humble two cents. I thought about ETC. Last year it was around where XRP is now. Round about 1/2/3 Dollars. It was now around 30/40 Dollars when I checked the last time. So it took a year for a ten fold. The crypto market is expected to at least tripple again this year. I would say try to be a good community member and give it time. Ripple Labs and the market will sort out the rest. The snowball is rolling and nothing can stop it anymore.