Possible price of XRP - 2 Distinct Camps. Which side are you on?

5 minutes ago, Bigmike said:

I am in the second camp and easily think it will hit $500-$1000 and have a fairly straightforward explanation for why. Bottomline,  XRP is still basically unknown and inaccessible to the general public. It is not yet on Coinbase and it is easily the single crypto that actually has a real business plan and set of use cases behind it—-it has the fundamentals built in for success. I am expecting the price to shoot up very very quickly once it becomes available on Coinbase because then all of the Coinbase users and general public will start to look at these fundamentals and compare them against the values of the other 4 cryptos (Bitcoin, Bitcoin cash, ETH, LTC) that are easily accessible with fiat currency. I don’t think it possible or reasonable for XRP to sit idle on Coinbase at $50-$100 while the others are trading anywhere from 5x-150x as much. To me, my gut says it will land somewhere in the middle of the pack for nothing othet than a lack of brand name recognition when compared with Bitcoin and Bitcoin cash is what will keep it from taking over. Lastly, I fully recognize my major built in assumption that XRPs value is directly tied to it being offered on Coinbase. I think this is fundamental for any major increase in value to occur.

I’m not sure that the addition of XRP on Coinbase is enough to drive the price as high as you are saying. I think it will definitely drive the price up but not to those levels. Maybe I am underestimating it?

I know posters on here get sick of Coinbase rumours and this isn’t one of them but I do believe we will be on Coinbase within the next couple or months. There was too much smoke a few weeks back. After the BCH implementation debacle and the massive rumour mill that was running driving the price up Coinbase was never going to release Ripple at that time. Give it a few weeks/months and I think it will happen. 

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's becoming obvious to me that there are two distinct camps of people in here regarding the question of what price XRP could reach? The first seems to think XRP will be stuck at $10 to $20. In

I wish the first group is correct in the short term 6 months to a year and the second group over the next 3-5 years.. then we will all be winners 

Logically, $20 as the maximum... it just seems impossible. At $3 xrp would already be 15% of the way to the maximum amount.  We hit $3 with no true adoption. Theyre trying to say that XRP will only gr

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, johnlogan said:

$ 5 - 2020

$ 7 - 2022

$ 2 - 2024 another product has emerged. 

$ 0.31 . 2025

RIP

Nice to see some predictions based on nothing again. Here are some more:

$ 248,50 - 2020

$ 345,45 - 2022

XRP= fiat - 2025

Also based on nothing.

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin
2 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

$ 248,50 - 2020

$ 345,45 - 2022

XRP= fiat - 2025

Also based on nothing.

I wish we had a crystal ball, but unfortunately we dont. Before XRP was BTC,after XRP who knows - but $ 248,50 - 2020 would make my day!! 

1 minute ago, Chewiecoin said:

I completely disagree but I respect your opinion. 

I’m not sure why you have invested in Ripple and are in this forum if you honestly think this will be XRP’s price. 

To obtain my gains by 2020! @ $7 or more its a great payday for me. @ $248,50 its lambo time. 

2 hours ago, bookworm said:

If proof of work (pow) is eliminated as it is inefficient and takes up too much electricity, only tokens that are not mined will survive.  This would virtually wipe out all Bitcoin-type tokens like Dash, Litecoin and Bitcoin derivations like B Gold, B Cash, etc.  Ethereum and E Classic would also disappear if it remains pow.

XRP would leap to #1 spot while ADA, NEO, NEM and XLM would round out the top 5.  Wow, the $30-50 may be on the light side as all money allocated to the new crypto asset class would flow mainly into XRP.

That's the thing. I wrote only French and German bringing regulations to ban wasteful mining. This would initially be a setback to BTC type coins but certainly wouldn't be enough to kill it straight away and take XRP to lot more than 50 dollars. A large portion of people will say, okay, no one is mining in France or Germany anyways and what % of investors do we get from there? They'll find reasons to stick with BTC and they will.

But some will see this through and will start gobbling down XRPs. 

All this, considering they do ban mining. This was all based on how I think. I thought what I'll do if I was in government, without any bias towards or against any coin. Then I thought what people will do and so on.

But yes, if all countries start banning mining, it'll be high 3 figures for XRP in no time. Really.

So, I'm only worried about two things:

• Governments - the kind of regulations they bring will matter a lot. A LOT. Did I say - A LOT?
  • Implementation time of the software - please read below for this.

One thing that makes me really wonder is - how long does it take for a bank to implement xRapid and xCurrent? Do they need massive consultant workforce like SAP implementations and one single implementation can easily take 6 months?

If yes - then a long delay is nothing but imminent. And by long - I mean long by crypto craze world. In normal living - this would mean 2-3 years to reach 1000 bucks. This is because despite the money banks have - finding talent to actually implement such critical software solutions will be very hard.

If no - Ripple can be implemented like a cloud solution by the Ripple staff itself and can be deployed to 100 organizations in a month or two (@Joelkatz)? Then, I'll completely stick with my predictions for 2018.

Edited by ss6
35 minutes ago, Chewiecoin said:

I’m not sure that the addition of XRP on Coinbase is enough to drive the price as high as you are saying. I think it will definitely drive the price up but not to those levels. Maybe I am underestimating it?

I know posters on here get sick of Coinbase rumours and this isn’t one of them but I do believe we will be on Coinbase within the next couple or months. There was too much smoke a few weeks back. After the BCH implementation debacle and the massive rumour mill that was running driving the price up Coinbase was never going to release Ripple at that time. Give it a few weeks/months and I think it will happen. 

My logic for the price increases on Coinbase is simple...people who hold other crypto will immediately see the new offering as a value compared to all of the others because of the price point. I see them dumping the higher priced coins for XRP, the sudden and large demand bump will push the price up around LTC or above and then the wave will die off. 

43 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

$ 248,50 - 2020

$ 345,45 - 2022

XRP= fiat - 2025

Also based on nothing.

58.55 $ - 2020

230.31 $ - 2030

2120 people like David Schwartz will be worshipped as Gods in a economical religious cult

11 minutes ago, Bigmike said:

My logic for the price increases on Coinbase is simple...people who hold other crypto will immediately see the new offering as a value compared to all of the others because of the price point. I see them dumping the higher priced coins for XRP, the sudden and large demand bump will push the price up around LTC or above and then the wave will die off. 

Yes thanks understand your point. It is well made. 

I think we underestimate how difficult it is to buy xrp at present. Once that is solved (like being added to Coinbase) we should see a nice rise. Hopefully, to the levels @Bigmike is theorising. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.