Chewiecoin

Possible price of XRP - 2 Distinct Camps. Which side are you on?

Generally I think $100 is the limit. This would require some significant partnerships and use, which I view as a likely event. For your assessment I’d be in the $10-$20 camp.

Regarding the other, $1000+ is, well, insane. Dont get me wrong, Id love for it to happen (although Id be out well before), but we’re talking about market domination (even a monopoly) and Amazon-style entry into many other services. That’s a decade or more of time that Im not interested in watching; conversely to above I also view it as much less likely.

Edited by Skunkape

6 minutes ago, Skunkape said:

Generally I think $100 is the limit. This would require some significant partnerships and use, which I view as a likely event. For your assessment I’d be in the $10-$20 camp.

Regarding the other, $1000+ is, well, insane. Dont get me wrong, Id love for it to happen (although Id be out well before), but we’re talking about market domination (even a monopoly) and Amazon-style entry into many other services. That’s a decade or more of time that Im not interested in watching; conversely to above I also view it as much less likely.

Thanks for your comments. I was hoping to get a few thoughts from both sides. 

Is an "Amazon style entry into many markets" not possible though?  I think you think it is but many decades off. 

My belief is that we honestly don't know at this point in time how big Ripple could get and the number of use cases it could solve. XRP is the beneficiary of this. 

Could anyone have imagined how big Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Amazon et al would be in their first few years of operation. 

I think it will be fun to watch. 

My price prediction varies according to when Tether is exposed to the masses.  The more I look into it the more I believe it is being used to artificially inflate prices (significantly).  I believe there will be a massive crash in all of the CC that will take much longer to recover from - with XRP recovering the quickest...but hopefully I'm wrong and $10 December 2018 and $90 December 2019!

7 minutes ago, Skunkape said:

Regarding the other camp, $1000+ is, well, insane. Dont get me wrong, Id love for it to happen (although Id be out well before), but we’re talking about market domination (even a monopoly) and Amazon-style entry into many other services.

Exactly - and that’s the reason why I’m in the $100-$1000+ camp

Such is the strength of the ripple organization, it gives XRP meaning and purpose, and it makes every other crypto look lost (bar a few with real world application)

2 minutes ago, Coretex said:

For me, it is about probabilities.

I believe that XRP can be worth 100+ USD in the future or even more. However,  it would require a massive adoption of xRapid eventually supported by other use cases in the future. The probability of this happening is much lower than XRP reaching 10-20 USD due to limited adoption and related effect of speculation.

While this puts me in the second camp , I will be among those selling their positions at 10-20 USD. It has always been my moon. I think I will cash out when I have enough to retire rather than risking it all, so that I could become really wealthy one day. It has never been my objective. 

I think your point is slightly different. You would sell at $10 to $20 as that gives you the returns you want but you believe the price can grow much further. 

I think many people in here will agree with you and will have that same plan. 

1 minute ago, Chewiecoin said:

Could anyone have imagined how big Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Amazon et al would be in their first few years of operation. 

I think it will be fun to watch. 

While I hope you're right, the problem with this argument is that there were 100s of such companies which were indifferentiable from lets say Amazon back in the day - Ripple could be the next Amazon or one of the other companies nobody remembers. Let's hope it will be Amazon 2.

I'm with both camps. It depends when you want to cash out most of your investment. I remember a few old timers who said we would never hit three dollars anytime soon. A dollar in a few years..."let's first get to 50 cents" they said.

It's a matter of time. In 10 years from now we could be blown away by its price, same goes for next year. It's also a matter of what your personal financial goals are.

I think $100 this year. Maybe more. I think behind the scenes so much is going on that we will be left in shock and awe. We get little tidbits now and then, but nothing we can completely confirm. Someday Ripple will drop all the info and the price will skyrocket.

4 minutes ago, Chewiecoin said:

I think your point is slightly different. You would sell at $10 to $20 as that gives you the returns you want but you believe the price can grow much further. 

I think many people in here will agree with you and will have that same plan. 

But I do believe, I really do. :)