Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
XRPYoungSkyWalker

Twitter 707k Followers

Recommended Posts

It's interesting that Ripple has that many followers on twitter. With 1M accounts created and something like 500k of those having the minimum balance, as well as some people having multiple accounts I would have guessed fewer than 707k people actually own xrp. I guess it could be that there are enough people that only have xrp on exchanges that live in one group account are enough to compensate? Either way, the number of Ripple twitter followers, is probably close to the best guess out there for number of people that own any xrp. Just a guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rootvegetable said:

It's interesting that Ripple has that many followers on twitter. With 1M accounts created and something like 500k of those having the minimum balance, as well as some people having multiple accounts I would have guessed fewer than 707k people actually own xrp. I guess it could be that there are enough people that only have xrp on exchanges that live in one group account are enough to compensate? Either way, the number of Ripple twitter followers, is probably close to the best guess out there for number of people that own any xrp. Just a guess.

Half of those people might be following Ripple because they are interested and the other half could be people who own Xrp, who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
7 minutes ago, rootvegetable said:

It's interesting that Ripple has that many followers on twitter. With 1M accounts created and something like 500k of those having the minimum balance, as well as some people having multiple accounts I would have guessed fewer than 707k people actually own xrp. I guess it could be that there are enough people that only have xrp on exchanges that live in one group account are enough to compensate? Either way, the number of Ripple twitter followers, is probably close to the best guess out there for number of people that own any xrp. Just a guess.

Don't forget that many of those people who own XRP don't have Twitter accounts and many who follow can't get listed on exchanges to buy yet. 

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XRPYoungSkyWalker said:

Half of those people might be following Ripple because they are interested and the other half could be people who own Xrp, who knows.

definitely possible. however, before seeing this number just using the number of accounts and a rough sense of how many people have multiple accounts or don't have individual accounts I would have put the total closer to 2-300K. I now feel better about 5-600k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DrWhoAmI said:

Don't forget that many of those people who own XRP don't have Twitter accounts and many who follow can't get listed on exchanges to buy yet. 

yup. I don't follow ripple on twitter. it's really hard to know exactly how many people have xrp, but I would guess twitter might give us a fairly close idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the number of followers would give any idea of actual XRP investors.  Between media, FUDsters, pro traders, industry insiders, interested in crypto people, etc, you could make any guess.  I follow Forbes but am not a subscriber...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Apollo said:

Yes. 

if you are in Europe you can sign up for bitpanda and get verified in 10 mins. they recently added XRP so you can now buy XRP, LTC, ETH, BTC, BCC and DASH on there with Fiat - Euro or GBP and cash out to a European bank account. Fees are ****, but it's a very quick way to get in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BroCoin said:

I remember when it was less than 100k....

Are people still having trouble getting on the exchanges?

After 6 weeks, I am still waiting for verification from Bitstamp.

Edited by northerncrypto
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...