Sign in to follow this  
Coin_Hound

Nasdaq: What is Ripple?

According to the  Financial Times , of the 18 banks and financial services companies publicly linked to Ripple, most of them stated that they "had not yet gone beyond testing" while a few had moved on to using Ripple's systems "for moving real money." However,  not one of the 16 companies that responded had used the XRP token.

The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.

This article appears in: Bitcoin

'Nuff said...

Edited by MisterRipple

'Journalists' are parrots these days, indeed quite some misconceptions again. Not a word about SBI, Japanse creditcard deals, Moneygram, etc., yet statements from bitcoin kids about their vision what decentralisation  should look like ?.

But as I mentioned before, appearantly Ripple draws attention, so to a certain extend it is free advertisement. For details, decision makers at fi's will have themselves informed by professionals. And appearantly we  are STILL at Ripples early days where people like this lad don't see the use case of XRP to source liquidity and cover counterparty risk. And that is great, as that means that there is A LOT of room for more growth.

@Hodor , @TplusZero, everybody, keep on blogging and explaining the misunderstandings everywhere you can. 

Edited by Amigo

While the article do not highlight the progress made, the observations are true.

And while the posts above claims this is just FUD, it is anchored in real challenges. Challenges that needs being dealt with, which some already are being.

I agree it could have had a more positive spin, but keep in mind NASDAQ is a regulated exchange.

2 hours ago, Drew said:

in the land of alternative facts we are :-)

Yeah my eyes were opened up to this very much so over the last year. It doesn't surprise me to see it in this industry as well. :help: