Charts - How To's

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seeing there are a number of people in here interested in how to use charts to their benefit, I figure I'd make a Topic on charts specifically for XRP.. First rule: Charts do not decide the pri

Here you go. I had to dictate, spell check, and edit so its appropriate for the board. take it with a grain of salt. its an opinion; not fact: Record me? sure why not. late 60s early 70s no one w

One of my good pals who does not have a position in XRP (he's so old unfortunately he wont be around much longer) has been researching Ripple/XRP for me for several weeks (to give him something to do)

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Molten said:

@XRPto50dollars can I coax you out of charting retirement to throw up some Heikin charts?  Would love your input on this little rally.

example: mgi

many people bought mgi because its related to xrp. it was clear to sell around 9/10 as i even posted several days before the drop..

but i think a lot of people bought too high and are now in the red. following this chart would have made you profits (but comes with a lot of risk)

one trick using the heikin chart is to look for very tall wicks as seen in mgi's chart below..not sure why exactly, but its very accurate. i checked mgis chart back to 2015 and about 98% of the time when this candle formed, selling would have been good. of course, that doesnt mean the price wont go back up again

1.png.510602d8f30cc7b7c2efa6bf055fff7f.png

or this pattern when the price tapers off in green. id say 80% of the time when you see this, sell.  of course, that doesnt mean the price wont go back up again

1.png.64db0cb6b6f85ec9b0c13adeb0127465.png

im not invested in mgi. 

but its not always accurate.. xrp's chart during the $3 run..

1.png.704b29e4f1565f5ada3ebaf70084f8a0.png

false tall wick candles. selling would have lost you profits. but, the first yellow triangle isnt really a good indicator to sell because the wick isnt THAT tall. the next two would have lost you a lot of money but still would have made you a lot had you bought prior to the run

if you dont know what youre doing, dont follow this at all. its not a science by any means and just because you sell, you would then have to figure out when to buy back in which is even more difficult. 

and dont forget, selling doesnt mean the price wont go higher once you sell. this stuff doesnt always pick the ATH. 

i wouldnt use this stuff for investing. there are no tricks or shortcuts to fabulous riches... except ditching my ex-wife -_-

Edited by XRPto50dollars
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2019 at 8:51 PM, GiddyUp said:

Hi @XRPto50dollars what on earth has happened to your avatar while I've been away? You've transcended into the future :P Chart more pls

long story short, i was trying to find a new picutre of myself and ended up accidentally choosing grant from mythbusters. someone said something which led to something else which ultimately led @CountZerpula to create this masterpiece terminator / sippy hat image for me. there may or may not be a lipstick kiss under my terminator eye.. this is still up for discussion.

nice to see you!

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.