XRPto50dollars

Charts - How To's

21 minutes ago, Animal_Plirf said:

Here's my point:

and also.. you completely misinterpreted my post to make it look like i said you're dumb. I very clearly said:

"i guarantee that advisor would have told them, "YOURE DUMB. DO NOT DO THIS."

i don't know why you're crying for these people. IF THEY spoke with a professional first and the professional said it was a good idea, then yes i would feel bad because they were poorly instructed.

But until we know otherwise, these people are investing WAY MORE than they can afford to lose. I, and most others, don't feel bad for purposefully stupid decisions.  its extreme common sense to FIRST speak with professional BEFORE investing money. if you don't do that.. i nor anyone else can help you.

besides.. how many countless times has @XRPto50dollars told everyone in here NOT to invest more than they are willing to lose. i think theres a whole thread on it. how many times have you said this to people in here??

Edited by MegaNerd

Just now, xrp_joker said:

people make good and bad investments all the time without consulting a professional.  Who has got the money to burn on a professional "IMO", these professionals are just winging it like every other tom, **** and harry.

you don't have to spend $1000 to get investment advice. heck, anyone who has a brokerage account has almost free help. heres just one:

https://www.tdameritrade.com/education.page

anyone who can't afford help only has to do a quick google search for, "how much should i invest".  One of the first results from nerd wallet says, "Investing is a risk. Be prepared to lose everything." THATS FREE ADVICE and yet these people are mortgaging their HOMES??? I don't feel bad. 

https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/01/13/how-much-should-you-invest-in-stocks.aspx

8 minutes ago, xrp_joker said:

Who has got the money to burn on a professional "IMO"

all someone has to do is ask any family member or close friend (free advice), "Hey.. do you think i should take out a $250,000 mortgage to buy crypto?"

any sane person would slap them across the head and say, "You're an idiot don't do that"

Edited by MegaNerd

6 hours ago, Animal_Plirf said:

When a child burns herself because she doesn't appreciate how dangerous fire can be, you feel for her. You don't tell her she is stupid.

But that's just me.

ok yes, i can see what you mean now. i definitely apologize if my chart offended anyone as i didnt have any intentions of trying to ignore people who are deeply in the red because they bought at $2 or above. When i removed the run and called it a fluke i was simply trying encourage people by showing  the current chart's price should be compared to the whole chart and not compared to just the $3 run. looking at the chart in its entirety shows us that indeed the chart is making progress. In other words, the $3 run is a painful to look at. I was trying to ease the sight of the chart by removing it.

People who bought at the all time high may be focusing only on prices after the run. in this case, they may be discouraged and end up selling. so yes, @Animal_Plirf, thanks for pointing this out to me. Again, i would never purposely try to ignore a group of people.

with this though, comes the concept of smart investing. investing comes with a hefty learning curve. to make profits, we first have to make dumb mistakes and learn along the way. anyone who bought @ $2 or higher didnt make a poor investment. they just need to decide if they should hold or sell. more than likely XRP will go much higher than $3. Once it does this, people need to decide if investing is really for them or if they should sell for profits and get out of the game. 

to conclude this rambling post, its very important for investors to understand that the second you press that Buy button, consider the money gone. 

Edited by XRPto50dollars

5 hours ago, MegaNerd said:

all someone has to do is ask any family member or close friend (free advice), "Hey.. do you think i should take out a $250,000 mortgage to buy crypto?"

any sane person would slap them across the head and say, "You're an idiot don't do that"

There is tons of free education out there. I recently started checking out https://institute.cmegroup.com/

CME offers free online courses that teach you how to trade futures and options. I had no idea this was all available online for free. If anybody is interested always good to learn new things especially since some exchanges are going to be introducing crypto futures.

6 hours ago, MegaNerd said:

i honestly think you're looking at this wrong. I can't speak for him but the way i interpret it is, "Don't give up if you bought at the ATH, things are still fine and going to get better." The reason i say this is because the ATH makes the chart look awful. But by not focusing on it, we see the overall trend is up.

yeah but this is the "charts - how to's" thread

deleting the part of the chart that makes things look bad is not a how to, it's fantasy

4 hours ago, XRPto50dollars said:

..maybe my new profile pic is giving me bad mojo :JC_thinking:

No bad mojo. I am glad you are here and we all love you.

(and I mean it!)

nah youre alright, just stick to your own rules. theyre good. “Second rule: When drawing a chart, don't draw what you WANT to see. Draw what is there and then interpret it to the best of your ability.”

10 hours ago, trubbleinmind said:

nah youre alright, just stick to your own rules. theyre good. “Second rule: When drawing a chart, don't draw what you WANT to see. Draw what is there and then interpret it to the best of your ability.”

Taking a moment to consider that, despite the run to the ATH, the chart looks healthy otherwise - doesn't really in any way seem to conflict with Newton's Second Rule of Chartmaking. He didn't draw anything on the chart by which to indicate that the price will be $x by a certain date, which seems to get to the heart of that particular rule. I see this as more of a post-mortem of a plain chart, and lesson on perspective if anything.

On 11/29/2018 at 5:16 AM, XRPto50dollars said:

dont forget, it took 211 days after the May 2017 run before XRP ran to $3. If that were to repeat, the next run wouldnt happen until april 2019

good things come to those who wait. im 100% confident XRP will eventually be at $10+

$10+ by EOY or when?:)