XRPto50dollars

Charts - How To's

36 minutes ago, stvv said:

you could make the case that the last 2 buys based on this chart were not such a good idea.

What do you mean by this? which 2 buys are you referring to?

" I also notice that the buy-moments are not every 3 green candles".. if im understanding this correctly.. the text 'bubbles' dont actually mean just buy on those days. i didnt want to take the time to make 30 bubbles that said buy.

1 minute ago, zenkert said:

So, why buy then on the way up . . . :moil:

That's what I'm asking in my first question. Maybe I didn't formulate it right. I can see why this kind of graph can be useful to (try to) determine if the drop has finished or not. I don't really fully understand the reasoning behind the buying on the charts.

Just also want to state that I'm not following this chart to buy. I bought this week at 0.45€ and have been buying since september. I just had some questions about the way of analysing this charts, it can maybe give me extra information in the future.

6 minutes ago, XRPto50dollars said:

What do you mean by this? which 2 buys are you referring to?

" I also notice that the buy-moments are not every 3 green candles".. if im understanding this correctly.. the text 'bubbles' dont actually mean just buy on those days. i didnt want to take the time to make 30 bubbles that said buy.

Haha, I was already afraid of this when I posted my questions :P I took it too literally then, thanks for clarifying ;)  

Edit: What I meant with my first question: based on your analysis you could have bought on 7 January. In hindsight, not really a good idea, no?

Edited by stvv

4 hours ago, stvv said:

Edit: What I meant with my first question: based on your analysis you could have bought on 7 January. In hindsight, not really a good idea, no?

you can buy any time you want. 1/7, sure. You could have bought 1/16 and still bought higher than the very low a few days later. its not a perfect science.

the point of the heikin is to try to give you a chance of buying in lower than you may have otherwise done so

Chart Update 2/11/18

Things are going to change, but as of this post we see the 4th candle is very small, yet green. This may indicate the chart is going to head back down but its much too early to tell.

On the other page there is a post called TRENDS..

..we're now forgetting everything since the run up to $3.30 and down to 2/8. Forget it. that trend is over. now we focus on figuring out if this is the bottom or not.

strict chartists would wait for the 4th day to end, but otherwise, the chart is showing its a good time to buy. That is.. unless it turns red. Again, this is why its all subjective and up to interpretation. 

1.thumb.png.607aaa182b330f959b40b4c04ea94018.png

Edited by XRPto50dollars

55 minutes ago, XRPto50dollars said:

Chart Update 2/11/18

Things are going to change, but as of this post we see the 4th candle is very small, yet green. This may indicate the chart is going to head back down but its much too early to tell.

On the other page there is a post called TRENDS..

..we're now forgetting everything since the run up to $3.30 and down to 2/8. Forget it. that trend is over. now we focus on figuring out if this is the bottom or not.

strict chartists would wait for the 4th day to end, but otherwise, the chart is showing its a good time to buy. That is.. unless it turns red. Again, this is why its all subjective and up to interpretation. 

1.thumb.png.607aaa182b330f959b40b4c04ea94018.png

I think the 4th day ended in red eventually. So bottom is not yet found? 

This is it. If BTC don't go to $10,000 this week.

Red day will start 16 Feb.

BTC possible $5,000

@XRPto50dollars, it's great now to be able to half understand some of these things, thank you.  Even though I'm on the holding boat, it would have helped from making some costly mistakes early on.  The only issue is the difference in how the Chart looks using Data from different Exchanges.  Allbeit the overall pricing is similar, at times a small Green candle on one can be a small Red on another resulting in starting the 3\4 day cycle over again.

53 minutes ago, DjemDiamond said:

This is it. If BTC don't go to $10,000 this week.

Red day will start 16 Feb.

BTC possible $5,000

Some TA were even suggesting today would be the day BTC should meet 9-10k line. Otherwise red it is. Apparently we are meeting the triangle target line which should be broken through.

Also to be noted that 14th will be the day when BTC futures expires, it is possibility that certain investors don't like to see BTC over 10k prior that due to their shorting bets... I could expect bounce on the 14th due to this, however if sell off starts earlier it could indeed dip even to 5k... 

Edited by CryptoOwl

1 hour ago, Pete said:

@XRPto50dollars, it's great now to be able to half understand some of these things, thank you.  Even though I'm on the holding boat, it would have helped from making some costly mistakes early on.  The only issue is the difference in how the Chart looks using Data from different Exchanges.  Allbeit the overall pricing is similar, at times a small Green candle on one can be a small Red on another resulting in starting the 3\4 day cycle over again.

Thats because crypto is new, so whatever exchange you choose.. you have to stick with it. it wont work properly if you switch from A to B then to C, A and finally D exchange.