SuperTronk

Sodl'd @ the bottom don't be like me

I noticed the thread you made earlier. Was wondering if you managed to buy back or not.

6 minutes ago, bayarea510 said:

Sorry to hear about your loss. Just wait for the next dip and buy in! 

That will be over the weekend, usually down 10-20% as a matter of routine.

I also think we have topped out for today and that we’ll have a 10-15% retracement, not a bad thing, just keep holding.

ps - my chart told me!

Edited by Mikhail_Liebenstein

Why? Did you panic? Haven't you read about ripple or xrp before you invested? Did you not have any knowledge about the cryptomarket, in which you could have read about? Was it all the FUD?

My questions may sound harsh or be perceived that way but I'm just curios why, sorry to hear about you loss. 

Hopefully you didn't sell everything as that would be painful indeed. I've made a similar mistake trying to buy back in at a lower price, but only with 20% of my portfolio.

Good thing with crypto is that volatility usually always gives you a second chance or at least a decent opportunity to buy back in.

As others have said, just buy back on the next dip (even if it's higher than what you sodl at last time); chuck it on your ledger and hide it securely so you're not tempted every few weeks to sell when 'manipulated' news comes out.  Hopefully it wasn't an expensive lesson for you to learn from, and you'll still reap the rewards in a few years anyway ;-)

12 minutes ago, ss6 said:

Don't. Just please don't. No more waiting for a bloody dip. You may never get a dip again or may miss it because you were at work or out shopping. I never fell in such a situation but just thinking about it tells me that it will hurt like a bit** if you wait and couldn't buy. 

OP, if you have money - buy and forget. Please do this till April at least if not for a longer term. Even now is cheap times. And then going forward you may keep buying the dips.

And remember if you buy now and XRP falls to a dollar the very next second, have a smile on your face and say fuc* you life. But please don't sell XRP at a loss.

Edit: Since a LOT of people here and elsewhere are often mistaken with his concept; Just wanted to add what I think of the definition of 'buying the dips'. It just means to buy if there is a dip to average your buy price if you bought costlier. It certainly doesn't mean to wait for a dip.

Face it, If you were that expert at timing the market, you wouldn't be in this position. Know your strengths and more importantly, your weaknesses. 

Hope it helps.

You hit the nail in the head!

1 hour ago, SuperTronk said:

Sticky this one.  I SODL''d near the bottom.  All dips should be bought I was wrong.  Its a trap to shake everyone out.  

FML

Once you get back in, you may want to look at putting some of your xrp in escrow. If you would have, this would have never happened.