Aj-ns

Ebay- buying xrp

So I've been waiting over 3 weeks to get verified on multiple exchanges and the ones I have got verification won't process payments. 

I've just bought a small amount on eBay. 

Was a bit worried but it's all in my wallet! Having said that would it be too risky to buy larger amounts? 

Is there legal protection buying via PayPal on Ebay? 

Who has bought this way before?...did it pay off? 

Edited by Aj-ns

I'm surprised they even allow this sort of thing to be listed.  

1 minute ago, eoma said:

Not sure if this is still the case, but Paypal wasn't very good about "intangible goods" if you get scammed

The buyer has more protection than the seller in this case. As someone who sells XRP on eBay daily I've had to refund over $2k in fraudulent charges. I use extreme discretion with every transaction before sending off any XRP to any wallet. If I send the XRP and the user reports the transaction to PayPal as unauthorized use, PayPal will immediately reverse the funds, no questions asked and I lose the XRP. 

Just now, EnchanterIO said:

idk answer to your question BUT could u make the title more clickbait? ;) ...

Sorry. I should have said, "bought". My bad. 

As a buyer - you are golden (except the steep rate). As a seller you are screwed, essentially. Chargeback is a game of when, not if. And Ebay will close you for violating ToS

Make sure the seller is sending to a wallet you have set up, not them. The 2nd scenario is a theft waiting to happen.

See:

Edited by Tull

1 hour ago, Aj-ns said:

So I've been waiting over 3 weeks to get verified on multiple exchanges and the ones I have got verification won't process payments. 

Was a bit worried but it's all in my wallet! Having said that would it be too risky to buy larger amounts? 

i came to this thread excited Ebay is buy XRP hahaha

Edited by Jackdarippler

1 hour ago, Aj-ns said:

digital good are not covered by paypal.

1 hour ago, JHoueye said:

The buyer has more protection than the seller in this case. As someone who sells XRP on eBay daily I've had to refund over $2k in fraudulent charges. I use extreme discretion with every transaction before sending off any XRP to any wallet. If I send the XRP and the user reports the transaction to PayPal as unauthorized use, PayPal will immediately reverse the funds, no questions asked and I lose the XRP. 

What this guy said.  I sold a small amount of Tron and was scammed twice.  Hackers are getting ahold of people's Ebay accounts.  Luckily I only lost 100 Tron which has a value of $8.  Both people I sold to reported fraud and I had to refund.