Jump to content

Cuallix CFO on xRapid use


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, RubenParren said:

 

Wasn't protected at time the tweets were sent. Don't think this policy applies retroactively. Anyone know the answer to this?

The padlock in the screenshots indicate that they were protected at the time of the screenshot. I would think Twitter would view that as breach of terms. 

-Matt

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm trying to confirm his identity before responding.  If this is him, it's game over.  Finished.  Finito.  Done.  No more wondering if the cost savings are worth it.  No more skepticism about XRP use

Here is a tweet from the Cuallix CFO on xRapid/XRP use. Enjoy!    

@Hodor has really come a long way.  His blogs used to look like this: HODOR      Hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor.  Hodor, hodor hodor hodor hodor, hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor hod

Posted Images

I'm not saying that Nico Patton is a fake, but I'm wondering... his business card is written in Spanish (Finanzas = finance in English). If this is his real linkedin profile, is it odd that it's in English instead of Spanish?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolas-palacios-6242549/

This may very well be legit, but I've seen elaborate hoaxes before, so I'm just trying to cover every angle. That being said... that Twitter account has been around since 2009, so..... yeah.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MoonLambo said:

I'm not saying that Nico Patton is a fake, but I'm wondering... his business card is written in Spanish (Finanzas = finance in English). If this is his real linkedin profile, is it odd that it's in English instead of Spanish?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolas-palacios-6242549/

This may very well be legit, but I've seen elaborate hoaxes before, so I'm just trying to cover every angle. That being said... that Twitter account has been around since 2009, so..... yeah.

If this is a hoax, then he has gone to great lengths over a great period of time to do it...also, if you look carefully you can see his last name on the business card...and it is the same last name on his Linkdin profile...he's not a "to the moon" type of poster...so what would be his gig?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MoonLambo said:

I'm not saying that Nico Patton is a fake, but I'm wondering... his business card is written in Spanish (Finanzas = finance in English). If this is his real linkedin profile, is it odd that it's in English instead of Spanish?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolas-palacios-6242549/

This may very well be legit, but I've seen elaborate hoaxes before, so I'm just trying to cover every angle. That being said... that Twitter account has been around since 2009, so..... yeah.

My take on that would be his business card is for local representation so thus Spanish.  His linkedin profile is for global representation so most likely in English for broader access maybe?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zedy44 said:

My take on that would be his business card is for local representation so thus Spanish.  His linkedin profile is for global representation so most likely in English for broader access maybe?

Sure, that's very common. My business card is also in the local language while my Linkedin profile is in English. All my contacts have business cards in the local language, I also really don't see the issue here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ripple could hammer this one home with a tweet (after consultation with him) saying how nice it is to see their customers happy with the XRapid product.  Just sayin....

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, buckor said:

If this is a hoax, then he has gone to great lengths over a great period of time to do it...also, if you look carefully you can see his last name on the business card...and it is the same last name on his Linkdin profile...he's not a "to the moon" type of poster...so what would be his gig?

His Twitter also features personal photos from Hong Kong, Cuallix has an office there. Other than that it's a normal twitter account from a private individual who lives in Mexico.

My hoax-meter remains very low.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

I'd rather not turn Ripple's marketing into Tron, but that's probably just me.

Um, er, with respect (and I do mean that,) I don't understand how you can make that comparison.  If Ripple tweet good news about the happy tweet of a real world customer, using its real world XRP,  in a real world problem,  you think that is like Tron marketing?

I don't.

 Unless you want Ripple to fly under everybody's radar, (sorry that bird has flown) then they need to be advancing themselves in the marketplace.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Um, er, with respect (and I do mean that,) I don't understand how you can make that comparison.  If Ripple tweet good news about the happy tweet of a real world customer, using its real world XRP,  in a real world problem,  you think that is like Tron marketing?

I don't.

 Unless you want Ripple to fly under everybody's radar, (sorry that bird has flown) then they need to be advancing themselves in the marketplace.

My point was that Ripple have mentioned time and time again the advantages of xRapid and the percentage of cost savings so I don't really see much value in that, but indeed it's a good thing that what they are claiming is actually true in practice. They need to be careful with Twitter as this might drag too many pump and dumpers just trying to take advantage of tweets (just look at what Tron has become even though I do believe they have a decent project and Justin is not doing it on purpose, but he needs to be tweeting much less)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's a watershed moment though when an actual FI customer says "Yep it works....   just as advertised".

Previously it's been a promise, now it's an accomplishment.

The reason I advocated Ripple tweeting it is to remove the doubt that's it's the real person...  presumably they have his number and can check before tweeting.  So to the market that signals that yep...  the calculations and tests are the reality.

I know there have been other real world uses between the continent and North America but I don't think I've seen an actual pleased report from a real usage customer till this.  I'm certain there will soon be floods of similar reports but this is the initial one for me.

Doesnt guarantee success but it does lower the odds of a fail I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PaulKim said:

Hey I'm late to this thread and I see the tweets are no longer available. But I see the screen shots.

So this has not been confirmed yet is my understanding?

No it's been confirmed, it's just that his twitter account was not intended to the official channel for formal announcements.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.