Cuallix CFO on xRapid use

buckor

1 hour ago, RubenParren said:

Wasn't protected at time the tweets were sent. Don't think this policy applies retroactively. Anyone know the answer to this?

The padlock in the screenshots indicate that they were protected at the time of the screenshot. I would think Twitter would view that as breach of terms. 

-Matt

I'm not saying that Nico Patton is a fake, but I'm wondering... his business card is written in Spanish (Finanzas = finance in English). If this is his real linkedin profile, is it odd that it's in English instead of Spanish?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolas-palacios-6242549/

This may very well be legit, but I've seen elaborate hoaxes before, so I'm just trying to cover every angle. That being said... that Twitter account has been around since 2009, so..... yeah.

1 hour ago, MoonLambo said:

I'm not saying that Nico Patton is a fake, but I'm wondering... his business card is written in Spanish (Finanzas = finance in English). If this is his real linkedin profile, is it odd that it's in English instead of Spanish?

This may very well be legit, but I've seen elaborate hoaxes before, so I'm just trying to cover every angle. That being said... that Twitter account has been around since 2009, so..... yeah.

If this is a hoax, then he has gone to great lengths over a great period of time to do it...also, if you look carefully you can see his last name on the business card...and it is the same last name on his Linkdin profile...he's not a "to the moon" type of poster...so what would be his gig?

2 hours ago, MoonLambo said:

My take on that would be his business card is for local representation so thus Spanish.  His linkedin profile is for global representation so most likely in English for broader access maybe?

My take on that would be his business card is for local representation so thus Spanish.  His linkedin profile is for global representation so most likely in English for broader access maybe?
Thank you...you said what I was thinking but couldn't quite verbalize...

6 hours ago, Zedy44 said:

Sure, that's very common. My business card is also in the local language while my Linkedin profile is in English. All my contacts have business cards in the local language, I also really don't see the issue here.

Ripple could hammer this one home with a tweet (after consultation with him) saying how nice it is to see their customers happy with the XRapid product.  Just sayin....

22 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Ripple could hammer this one home with a tweet (after consultation with him) saying how nice it is to see their customers happy with the XRapid product.  Just sayin....

I'd rather not turn Ripple's marketing into Tron, but that's probably just me.

7 hours ago, buckor said:

If this is a hoax, then he has gone to great lengths over a great period of time to do it...also, if you look carefully you can see his last name on the business card...and it is the same last name on his Linkdin profile...he's not a "to the moon" type of poster...so what would be his gig?

His Twitter also features personal photos from Hong Kong, Cuallix has an office there. Other than that it's a normal twitter account from a private individual who lives in Mexico.

My hoax-meter remains very low.

55 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

I'd rather not turn Ripple's marketing into Tron, but that's probably just me.

Um, er, with respect (and I do mean that,) I don't understand how you can make that comparison.  If Ripple tweet good news about the happy tweet of a real world customer, using its real world XRP,  in a real world problem,  you think that is like Tron marketing?

I don't.

Unless you want Ripple to fly under everybody's radar, (sorry that bird has flown) then they need to be advancing themselves in the marketplace.

47 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Um, er, with respect (and I do mean that,) I don't understand how you can make that comparison.  If Ripple tweet good news about the happy tweet of a real world customer, using its real world XRP,  in a real world problem,  you think that is like Tron marketing?

I don't.

Unless you want Ripple to fly under everybody's radar, (sorry that bird has flown) then they need to be advancing themselves in the marketplace.

My point was that Ripple have mentioned time and time again the advantages of xRapid and the percentage of cost savings so I don't really see much value in that, but indeed it's a good thing that what they are claiming is actually true in practice. They need to be careful with Twitter as this might drag too many pump and dumpers just trying to take advantage of tweets (just look at what Tron has become even though I do believe they have a decent project and Justin is not doing it on purpose, but he needs to be tweeting much less)

I think it's a watershed moment though when an actual FI customer says "Yep it works....   just as advertised".

Previously it's been a promise, now it's an accomplishment.

The reason I advocated Ripple tweeting it is to remove the doubt that's it's the real person...  presumably they have his number and can check before tweeting.  So to the market that signals that yep...  the calculations and tests are the reality.

I know there have been other real world uses between the continent and North America but I don't think I've seen an actual pleased report from a real usage customer till this.  I'm certain there will soon be floods of similar reports but this is the initial one for me.

Doesnt guarantee success but it does lower the odds of a fail I think.

6 hours ago, PaulKim said:

Hey I'm late to this thread and I see the tweets are no longer available. But I see the screen shots.

So this has not been confirmed yet is my understanding?

No it's been confirmed, it's just that his twitter account was not intended to the official channel for formal announcements.