Powder888

Tired of the HODL sentiment...

I,ve managed to survive this slump by doing a little day trading, though I've lost a good portion of the holiday profits dollar wise, I'm holding substantially more coins for the same initial investment.

While I feel for the agony in OP's writing, I really think so many people got into crypto for the wrong reason,  I was one of them!

I did my research (newb code for read for a couple months, watched analysts, listened to dissent, and made my best play.)

I bought in with money i could afford to lose all of, and still watched with stomach pains as my value plummeted.

Because of coinbase taking forever to clear my USD, I bought high and was forced to wait for the crash to have my funds ...now please...don't laugh...I bought bitcoin at 16.500 and I bought etherium at 1202.00

Ups and downs beat me about the head and face until my FRICKINGDGHGJH bitcoin cleared early!? at a loss of 600$

(It would have actually been worse if it waited longer to clear, but I digress.)

I also lost $400 in ehterium.

I could have ridden the swing and waited for those coins to pop up but XRP at 2.00, then 1.60, then 1.09??!!  those prices were VERY good, so I bought as much as I could. Im still glad I did, because I have a plan.

I lost value in the ones I bought along the road until I purchased my last bit of entry xrp today at that low price.

my current value after a $7500 buy in is a tad under 5k. I lost 2500 real dollars because of coinbase and my bank.

ALL of that being said...Im actually thrilled to have bought more XRP today at this price.  I honestly believe that my noob research (albeit limited) was, and is sound.

I hate to see good money burn like this.  Its a real gut check, but now I'm in.  Ive believed as long as I've known about XRP, and I even have my family members doubting my decision and being negative.

Sometimes you just know you're right. so HODL, sorry OP.  

TLDR:

"You gotta know when to hodl em, KNOW WHEN TO FOLD EM!

Know when to not even get involved in speculation when you don't have the stomach for it."

kenny.jpg

Edited by RipplingMuscles

15 minutes ago, RippleHerToShreds said:

Hedge against what? That the most ludicrous strategy/reasoning I've ever heard!

It’s usual noob trolls.

xlm seems to have no real community lol wgen xrp drops a bunch of new  ac on here, twitter and others sayig XLM is a hedge ???