@mars75@LordVetinari or @Tehol_Beddict this is a bit off subject, but I was wondering if any of you have heard the rumor of Stellar possibly buying Chain via your impeccable sleuthing skills. I recently ran across a couple of articles, one on CCN and the other on Fortune, today that talked about the possible buyout. I don't really know much about Chain's platform other than they did some POCs with Nasdaq and Visa. Just wondering what insights you guys might have if this is indeed true and how this development could possibly make Stellar more of an actual competitor to Ripple?

5 minutes ago, mars75 said:

EDIT 10-30-2018

(PAGE 28-32)

BoC is working with MAS and BoE on blockchain cross border payments)

https://www.bankofcanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/presentation-251018.pdf

get 404 error

2 hours ago, mars75 said:

EDIT 10-30-2018

(PAGE 28-32)

BoC is working with MAS and BoE on blockchain cross border payments)

https://www.bankofcanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/presentation-251018.pdf

I think these are critical arguments. The last line basically says CBDC is a "must have", not a "nice to have".

Also, "Yet....." point #2 about Commercial bank deposits, and why they cant be the only medium of exchange available. 

Capture.PNG.01b5aac3b60f33fbff7fb7fdea8cc9c9.PNG

Ok, this slide is pretty cool also.

Capture.thumb.PNG.c31da59b2e099f5d4e88c7be4106728a.PNG

Edited by KarmaCoverage

If Ripple is indeed as connected to this as the speculation in your first post suggests, I'm going to hug you, BG123 and Ripple Riddler all together.

Till then, aside from the photographs of Ripple and Central Bank execs together, I'm going to temper my expectations and consider it the same as a photograph of me and my favorite singer. It doesn't prove we did a duet that night (unfortunately... for him...)

Great work at connecting the dots nevertheless!

Edited by Caracappa

3 hours ago, Caracappa said:

If Ripple is indeed as connected to this as the speculation in your first post suggests, I'm going to hug you, BG123 and Ripple Riddler all together

Maybe they're all the same person :lol:

6 hours ago, Caracappa said:

Till then, aside from the photographs of Ripple and Central Bank execs together, I'm going to temper my expectations

This is fully reasonable reaction.

Keep in mind that everytime Ripple goes and speaks to a bank "regulatory compliance" will be a topic, and every bank that has joined RippleNet will have asked, "what do my Centeral Bankers think of this"... naturally leading to conversations with Central Banks.

I saw your insurance payment settlement question, will answer later.

I made this video about domestic RTGS/CBDC settlements.. and at the end a few seconds on how XRPLedger can connect the domestic economies. 

Edited by KarmaCoverage